Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: New TV Shows 2020  (Read 2662 times)

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
Re: New TV Shows 2020
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2020, 02:01:06 PM »

Agreed on all points. Storytelling at its very best.

In case you hadn't heard, the two lead actresses will be around for the first three episodes of Season 3, and then give way to older (not to mention, more age-appropriate) actresses for the remainder of Season 3 and all of Season 4.

It really sucks we need to wait a whole year before we get to Season 3.

I did not, but it makes sense seeing as those young ladies will maybe be 18 for Season 3 and they were stretching to appear in their early 20's for the end of this past series.  Also looking forward to it.

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2020, 10:14:27 AM »

If you haven't watched the Amazon original series UPLOAD, you are really missing out! It's a satirical look at the afterlife of the future, where your essence and memory can be uploaded to the cloud of your choice - as long as you've got the dosh. It's like a mash-up of The Good Place and Black Mirror and is really witty and fun and dark and perfect.

I just binged this two weekends ago - all in one day - and loved it! I can't believe that I hadn't heard anyone discussing it. But, then I remembered that I haven't been on here in like 2 months. I'm glad you loved it MK. I really hope it gets another season.

Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

Cockney Rebel

• I don't have an accent. You do.
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • Art is impossible to define. Shitty art is not.
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2020, 04:06:27 PM »

Not many shows can boast a priest getting a handjob, but Netflix’s “White Lines” does. Along with several orgies, a deafening by concert speakers, drug taking, general debauchery and copious shots of the island of Ibiza. All wrapped up in an unsolved murder case, that of a successful DJ from Manchester. There’s plot holes - literally - but it chugs along quite entertainingly. British / Spanish co-production.
Opulence. I has it.

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2020, 05:36:05 PM »

Not many shows can boast a priest getting a handjob, but Netflix’s “White Lines” does. Along with several orgies, a deafening by concert speakers, drug taking, general debauchery and copious shots of the island of Ibiza. All wrapped up in an unsolved murder case, that of a successful DJ from Manchester. There’s plot holes - literally - but it chugs along quite entertainingly. British / Spanish co-production.
This one is on my list, especially because it seems like something that The Greg and I would both enjoy!
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2020, 06:28:20 PM »

It's not new, but my wife and I THOROUGHLY THOROUGHLY loved "What We Do In The Shadows." I want more discussion of it, except that it's a straightforward comedy so I don't know what to discuss.

"Why are you married to these boiled potatoes?!?"

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2020, 07:28:37 PM »

If you haven't watched the Amazon original series UPLOAD, you are really missing out! It's a satirical look at the afterlife of the future, where your essence and memory can be uploaded to the cloud of your choice - as long as you've got the dosh. It's like a mash-up of The Good Place and Black Mirror and is really witty and fun and dark and perfect.

I just binged this two weekends ago - all in one day - and loved it! I can't believe that I hadn't heard anyone discussing it. But, then I remembered that I haven't been on here in like 2 months. I'm glad you loved it MK. I really hope it gets another season.

After that ending, SURELY there'll be a second season.

So glad you enjoyed it too. I loved everything about it.
Duct tape can't fix stupid.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up