Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cincinnati Reds 2020  (Read 119 times)

euro60

• City Elder
Cincinnati Reds 2020
« on: February 06, 2020, 01:53:03 PM »

The Akiyama signing is intriguing.  The Reds batting actually looks kind of impressive.  If Aquino is legit, that's an extremely dangerous lineup.  If Aquino is not really a stud, but it turns out he's still an okay player then it's merely a rather good lineup.

The thing is, they are relying on some awfully old dudes.  It would not be surprising at all if Votto and Moustakas both sucked.  I'm kind of convinced that Akiyama had the skills to make the transition to MLB but he'll be 32 as well so it would not that surprising if he fades hards.

Also, I don't understand signing two players to play Senzel's positions.  There's not point in signing Akiyama unless he's playing CF.  I'd argue that there was no point in signing Moustakas at all but whatever he's a good bat.  The only way to get all three players in the line up at once is for Senzel to play SS and Moustakes to play 2B.  Which IMO, would be a disaster.

I personally would have just spent the Moustakas money on Grandal.  You're getting about the same bat, but in a better position for the Reds.  Plus Grandal is a good defensive catcher and Moustakas is a horrible 2B.  As Grandal ages, he'll probably still call a good game and frame pitches well and help the staff.  If Moustakas loses a half step, he's useless.

Well, the semi has been loaded up at GABP and is now  on its way to Arizona. Pitcher and catchers report soon. The new season is upon us! For the 1st time in years, I have some faith that the Reds really have improved themselves over the winter season.

The Reds did sign veteran reliever Strop to a 1 year deal just yesterday. Given the year he had last year, who knows whether he has anything left in the tank. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
Re: Cincinnati Reds 2020
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 02:19:30 PM »

Reds are a good team.  I still think they are a notch below the Cubs, Brewers, and Cardinals, but it's close.  They seem to have buried all their young players though. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up