Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Half-Life 2 Review  (Read 2993 times)

pathogen

• not now james...
  • City Elder
Half-Life 2 Review
« on: October 08, 2004, 07:36:20 PM »

the new PC Gamer was waiting for me when i got home moments ago.  

they gave HL2 a 98% and said it was the best game ever made.....

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

methinks i smell a holiday season release =  \:D/

Doug

Half-Life 2 Review
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2004, 07:48:03 AM »

Yep, can't wait   :D

Doug

Half-Life 2 Review
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2004, 10:32:05 AM »

There's a scanned copy of PC Gamer's Half Life 2 review floating around the net right now.  Check it.

pathogen

• not now james...
  • City Elder
Half-Life 2 Review
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2004, 03:21:19 PM »

i still haven't read that review.  they did the same thing with the Doom 3 review = give the reader an intro paragraph and then tell you to stop if you don't want to read any spoilers.  i'll wait :)  

i was going to post this here last night, but i couldn't get onto the boards:  HL2 has gone gold and there is now a mid-November release date.  excellent.

rva

Half-Life 2 Review
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2004, 05:31:18 PM »

If someone does get some info or links on HL2 (or any other video game) could you post it as a news item?

pathogen

• not now james...
  • City Elder
Half-Life 2 Review
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2004, 12:31:12 AM »

i was thinking about doing that for game releases.  i tried added a calander entry for the new Grand Theft Auto game last week, but i was getting a "page not available" message when submitting the entry.  i'll try again this week.

how do we add a news item?  (i'm sure it's obvious, but i'm really tired and only up to try and get some game time in.)

rva

Half-Life 2 Review
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2004, 11:29:56 AM »

Yeah, it would be cool if you posted game releases to the calendar, news, or both.  Here's how to do it:

Start a new topic the regular way.  

When you get to the posting form, you'll see a drop-down menu called "Select News Category."  The default is "Regular Post (Not Displayed as News).  Just click on the menu and select "Games News."

If you do that, the post becomes a news item.  It goes on the front page, but it's also just a regular post on the boards.  Comments on that news item become replies to the message on the boards and vice versa.

----

If you want to make the post an event, look below the text area where you post.  There's an option there to set a time and date for the event.  Something like a game release I'd just pick a random time.  The "during" field I think is supposed to be "Duration."  You can leave it blank or set an arbitrary time of one hour.

Making something a news item and making something a calendar event are completely separate functions.  You don't have to make an event a news item, and news items don't have to have times.
Pages: [1]   Go Up