Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Camper Van Beethoven-- Robbed!!  (Read 6109 times)

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
Camper Van Beethoven-- Robbed!!
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2004, 01:50:12 PM »

I think he was trying to "jump you".  He's tried to jump me many times and I thought it was all over now that he's married.  Guess not.

Skippy

• Citizen
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2004, 02:07:21 PM »

people!  you are straying from the subject!  

what I really want to know is, is any of this stuff up on ebay yet?
URL=http://www.guzzlefish.com/collection.php?username=skipalupagus&mediatype=C]My CD collection[/URL]
My bootleg collection
MIX PAGE

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2004, 02:16:38 PM »

Wow, Ibanez?  That's pretty good, I mean, Ibanez is a shitty guitar, but they're a big company... that's pretty good.

Sorry I doubted you.

Sorry if you feel spurned Butter, but DSM has that sweet little ass... how could I resist?
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

Mr Pink

• missing in action
  • City Elder
  • aggressively lazy
    • MySpace
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2004, 02:24:41 PM »

Quote from: "rva"
David Lowery doesn't seem *that* rich to me, and he's got to be the richest CVB member by far.

He's probably loaded, what with new generations of frat boys buying Kerosene Hat every year  :headbang:

And thieves suck and should be shot!  :2gunfire:
[size=9]Forza Azzurri![/size]

rva

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2004, 02:24:44 PM »

Ibanez's aren't shitty.  They're a decent value for the money actually and some of the old 1980's Super strats are starting to appreciate in value due to collector interest.  

I've owned several Strats over the years but my two favorite guitars are my old Ibanez RG550 (which I stupidly sold) and a Yamaha Pacifica.

Bronzetree

• Punching Bag
  • City Elder
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2004, 02:52:38 PM »

Quote from: "Kwyjibo"
Wow, Ibanez?  That's pretty good, I mean, Ibanez is a shitty guitar, but they're a big company... that's pretty good.

I wouldn't say shitty, per se, just depends on the guitarist. They were the fave of many a metal guitarist back in the day, because you could totally shred on them. They have a clean sound and the fret boards are slick. Plus, I udnerstand they've gotten better and better over the years. So, maybe not the best guitar for say, a Springsteen, but definitely for a Malmsteen.

rva

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2004, 03:18:41 PM »

I wish I never would've sold my Ibanez RG-540 back in the day.  The Wizard II necks were awesome.  They also had a Floyd-Rose knock-off bridge that wasn't quite as good but you could get a whole Ibanez guitar for what a Floyd-Rose was going for in those days.

They did have a very metal sound but that's not particularly Ibanez's deal-- that's the sound that was in and so they supplied it.  

Ibanez ArtStar jazz guitars are an incredible deal.  In the 70's they made Les Paul knock-offs that were so close to the real thing (at 1/3 the price) that they got sued.  Those "Les Paul Lawsuit" models are becoming collector's items, as are the old 80's shredders.  Two years ago, I almost bought another RG-540 on eBay and they were like $180-$200.  Now they're going for close to $400.

Ibanez aren't strictly cheap knock-offs though.  A Steve Vai or Satriani model will cost you quite the pretty penny, as would a George Benson jazz model.

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2004, 07:15:05 PM »

I'm glad that at least one of the band members had a sponsor to help out. I'm part of the CVB street team and they are on a small label that won't be able to really help out that much. And RVA is correct in saying that the rest of the band (bar David) are basically in the same sort of tax brackets as we are. I used to be in contact with Jonathan and I know that he and Vic were working full time at non-music related jobs and running Magnetic Records on the side.

I think what sucks the most is that their livelihood was taken away. Yes, they can rent/borrow/buy new instruments, but I think most musicians will agree that finding the perfect instrument is like a needle in a haystack sometimes. When you find something you like, you keep it and it becomes part of you.
Duct tape can't fix stupid.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up