Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ravens will beat Philly  (Read 1688 times)

Bluelupis

• Two spoonfuls in every bowl
  • City Elder
Ravens will beat Philly
« on: October 27, 2004, 02:31:21 PM »

Anyone want to take me up on this?

The Browns, while lossing, still put a BEATING on them last weekend leaving some key players hurt or pretty bruised up.  Philly is favored by 7.5 but I still think Ravens will beat them.  28-21

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
Ravens will beat Philly
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2004, 02:47:53 PM »

I find it difficult to pick the Ravens to do anything good, since they have two of the biggest douches in the NFL in Billick and Ray Lewis on the team.

Action Jim

• Part of the problem
  • City Elder
Ravens will beat Philly
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2004, 02:51:43 PM »

Well...
  • The Browns did expose Philly's rush defense as incredibly suspect
  • And the Ravens have been known to run the ball.  
  • And there is more than a little animosity in Baltimore toward one T.Owens.  

But don't forget:
  • Jonathan Ogden is out.  
  • To keep up with Philly, the Ravens will have to throw the ball.
  • Philly likes to blitz.
  • Kyle "Deer in the Headlights" Boller is the Ravens' starting QB.

I think that more than balances out Philly being a little beat up.  I think they'll win, but I doubt by much.  If I was a betting man (okay, so I am a betting man), I'd take the Ravens and the points.
size=10]"If God had wanted man to play soccer, He wouldn't have given us arms."

"The future's so bright, I -- I can't bear to look."  - This Modern World[/size]

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
Ravens will beat Philly
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2004, 02:54:10 PM »

Quote from: "Butter"
I find it difficult to pick the Ravens to do anything good, since they have four of the biggest douches in the NFL in Art Modell, Billick, Jamal Lewis and Ray Lewis on the team.

Fixed your post.
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

The Engineer

• I don't hate Dan anymore.
  • City Elder
Ravens will beat Philly
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2004, 02:55:03 PM »

Quote from: "l.diddy"

• And there is more than a little animosity in Baltimore toward one T.Owens.  

I feel it is a little ridiculous the number of cities this statement is true for...
SC: I prefer they say "Who was that masked man?" after sex
TEng: I prefer they roll over and say "Hey, I never got your...  Where did he go?"

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
Ravens will beat Philly
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2004, 09:19:14 PM »

No way. Philly is favored, and for a reason. Baltimore has no offense at all, and this will cause their defense to be on the field all day. They'll eventually weaken and Philly's offense is just too much for a tired defense. Watch Philly bounce back from a near-upset last week.

Philly 24-10
"If you're going to get a hooker, at least  get one a little older. They have more tricks." ~Advice from Mad Dog, my grandmother

yeppers

• Summer Resident
Ravens will beat Philly
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2004, 02:04:22 AM »

I am counting on the Ravens to beat Philly.  I'm facing McNabb this week in FF. [-o<
ribbage anyone?

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
Re: Ravens will beat Philly
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2004, 09:25:17 PM »

Quote from: "bluelupis"
Anyone want to take me up on this?

The Browns, while lossing, still put a BEATING on them last weekend leaving some key players hurt or pretty bruised up.  Philly is favored by 7.5 but I still think Ravens will beat them.  28-21

If I don't have my money by noon on Monday, Guido will be paying you a little visit.
"If you're going to get a hooker, at least  get one a little older. They have more tricks." ~Advice from Mad Dog, my grandmother

yeppers

• Summer Resident
Ravens will beat Philly
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2004, 12:25:26 AM »

Oh well.....their Ravens defense did their job for me and pretty much held McNabb in check.
ribbage anyone?
Pages: [1]   Go Up