Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Releases: November 2  (Read 4417 times)

rva

New Releases: November 2
« on: November 01, 2004, 11:02:31 AM »

One of the weakest weeks for New Releases I can remember in a long time.  There's only few releases of note that I can think of, and most of those aren't even originals:

A Perfect Circle-- Emotive (covers album with the much maligned "Imagine")

John Lennon-- Acoustic (acoustic versions of Lennon songs compiled by Yoko Ono, including a Live version of --you guessed it-- "Imagine.")

Duran Duran-- 1986-1995 BOX SET(!).  Duran Duran came out in 1981, Rio in 1982, and Seven and The Ragged Tiger in 1983.  You do the math.

Grandaddy-- Below Radio (A mixtape they made of other people's stuff.  I think there's one or two new Grandaddy originals on it)

Live-- Awake (Best of)

various artists--  Soundtrack to Team America World Police.  That might be a good post-vote purchase. . .

Nate

• Kevin Durant's baby mama.
  • City Elder
  • Best Album Never Made.
    • Randomville
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2004, 01:11:50 PM »

Surprisingly, November is pretty weak for alternative/indie music other than the Nirvana box and U2.  I guess compiling the albums of the year will be easier than expected.
Each day you have a choice - hilarity or insanity.

rva

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2004, 01:39:15 PM »

Yeah.  There's Neko Case and Handsome Boy Modeling School but I doubt either of those two acts have enough support to make any sort of run at Best of 2004.

October was a chock-full of good stuff, so in a way I'm glad there's a lull.  Now we'll have a chance to really digest the Elliot Smith, Ted Leo, Cat Power, etc.

Pitchfork has a piece on what's in the new Nirvana Box set.  I'm not enough of a fan to really care. . .

Nate

• Kevin Durant's baby mama.
  • City Elder
  • Best Album Never Made.
    • Randomville
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2004, 01:49:00 PM »

I dig the Handsome Boy Modeling School, yo.  I agree it'll be nice to sit down and listen to the disc without being rushed, though.

Yeah, I saw the Nirvana tracklisting.  The three or four songs I was really interested in hearing are in there, so I'm debating on just d/ling those and saving $40.
Each day you have a choice - hilarity or insanity.
Pages: [1]   Go Up