Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Star Wars Battlefront  (Read 2191 times)

slow-dog

• City Elder
    • http://www.slow-dog.com/
Star Wars Battlefront
« on: September 25, 2004, 03:17:38 PM »

I'm not a big gamer, so don't know how it compares to all the stuff that's out there, but I just bought this for the PS2, and I have to say it's pretty fun.  Anyone else played it?

pathogen

• not now james...
  • City Elder
Star Wars Battlefront
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2004, 08:20:27 PM »

i wouldn't mind.  buddies from work won't shup up about playing it on Xbox Live, but i got a little burned playing b:1942 and b:Vietnam on the PC.  

it looks fun, though!

Bronzetree

• Punching Bag
  • City Elder
Star Wars Battlefront
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2004, 12:24:12 PM »

Wonder if this is the one I played on some mondo screen TV at Best Buy the other day. Kinda mindless fun, if it's the same game.

pathogen

• not now james...
  • City Elder
Star Wars Battlefront
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2004, 08:13:09 PM »

Target is (at least was) selling cheap copies of Battlefront (they did the same thing with Driv3r and Black Arrow, not sure how) so i grabbed one.  i love it.  i would have passed b/c i've played so many games that Battlefront is based on, but friends from work were telling me everyday is was worth it.  it is.

i would like to see more vehicles, though.  you sometimes have to run your butt off to get to the next control point.  that, and i would love to see Lucas relax for a minute and let us mix up his Star Wars universe.  think about, Jawa on Hoth in little snow suits fighting against ewoks driving AT-AT's.  they could wear little snow hoods and moon boots = OWN!!!!!!!11111111111111111111111111111111111

oh well, what's there is great  :)

pathogen

• not now james...
  • City Elder
Star Wars Battlefront
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2004, 08:17:48 PM »

Quote from: "Scott"
Wonder if this is the one I played on some mondo screen TV at Best Buy the other day. Kinda mindless fun, if it's the same game.

the one in Florence?  then yep, that's Battlefront.  i was there yesterday buying speaker wire and saw the same set up.  i would love a wide-screen tv like that for games.  BB has the same set up at the Mason store around the corner from where i work.  the Mason location has a leather couch set up in front of the tv.  it's been hard to go back to work some days  :(

Bronzetree

• Punching Bag
  • City Elder
Star Wars Battlefront
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2004, 11:33:35 AM »

Quote from: "pathogen"
the one in Florence?

The very same.

Had no idea what I was doing or trying to accomplish, but played for a good ten minutes and it was fun. I can imagien I wouldn't have gotten bored if I'd have known what to do.

yeppers

• Summer Resident
Star Wars Battlefront
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2004, 02:29:53 PM »

this one sucked me in too.
ribbage anyone?
Pages: [1]   Go Up