Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince  (Read 37379 times)

scurvygirl

• Fiery One
  • City Elder
    • Scurvytown
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
« on: December 21, 2004, 07:32:48 PM »

It's official: J.K. Rowling has completed sixth Potter book

Harry Potter readers, here's an extra special holiday gift: J.K. Rowling announced Monday that she has completed the sixth Potter novel, "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince."

"I know you all expected this to happen on Christmas Day, but I was sure that those of you who celebrate Christmas have better things to do on the day itself than fight your way into my study, whereas those of you who DON'T celebrate Christmas would definitely prefer not to wait until the 25th," the British author wrote in a message posted on her Web site.

full story, click here

The release date of the book is July 16, 2005!!!
Remember to always be yourself.  Unless you suck.~ My BIG DAMN hero, Joss Whedon

Bonne et heureuse semaine!

Juliana

• City Elder
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2005, 06:50:17 PM »

One of my sisters pre-ordered it on Amazon for the three of us (our own copies).  It's like our own lame little book club.

We're stoked.
We all agree that genocide, avalanches, and Family Circus are not funny
-Ed Helms

Mr Pink

• missing in action
  • City Elder
  • aggressively lazy
    • MySpace
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2005, 01:08:58 AM »

More book details

I'll more than likely be buying the "Deluxe Edition"

Just a shade under 26 weeks until this bad boy hits the shelves!  \:D/
[size=9]Forza Azzurri![/size]

scurvygirl

• Fiery One
  • City Elder
    • Scurvytown
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2005, 11:25:27 AM »

Sweet!  I've been going crazy wondering how many pages it's going to be.  It's 672 for those who were wondering and too lazy to click on the link.  ;)  And 704 (includes 32 page insert with black and white art from book interior) for the deluxe editon.

I can't WAIT til the book release party my nerd friends are having.  It's going to be so much fun!  26 weeks... DAMN!

Oh and congrats to JK Rowling for the birth of her baby girl yesterday!  No word yet on what she named the kid, though.
Remember to always be yourself.  Unless you suck.~ My BIG DAMN hero, Joss Whedon

Mr Pink

• missing in action
  • City Elder
  • aggressively lazy
    • MySpace
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2005, 07:46:48 PM »

Quote from: "thelunarbee"
Oh and congrats to JK Rowling for the birth of her baby girl yesterday!  No word yet on what she named the kid, though.

Her new baby girl's name: Mackenzie Jean Rowling Murray (announced on jkrowling.com this morning)

Also in Potter related news...

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban received 2 Oscar nominations today one for "Best Visual Effects" and the other nom went to John Williams for "Best Score."
[size=9]Forza Azzurri![/size]

scurvygirl

• Fiery One
  • City Elder
    • Scurvytown
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2005, 01:06:29 AM »

Quote from: "Seattle93"
Her new baby girl's name: Mackenzie Jean Rowling Murray

Ick.

Quote from: "Seattle93"

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban received 2 Oscar nominations today one for "Best Visual Effects" and the other nom went to John Williams for "Best Score."

Ooh!  How fantastic were those visual effects?  That was an absolutely gorgeous film!

scurvygirl

• Fiery One
  • City Elder
    • Scurvytown
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2005, 08:20:04 PM »

I saw this avatar on the hp-ohio boards and thought you guys might get a kick out of it.

scurvygirl

• Fiery One
  • City Elder
    • Scurvytown
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2005, 04:07:27 PM »

Just yesterday, as I was wandering through the book store, I got to thinking about the cover for HBP, and as it turns out, they just revealed the cover art today!

Scholastic Cover
Bloomsbury Children's Cover
Bloomsbury Adult's Cover

Buzzstein

• I have no title
  • City Elder
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2005, 07:15:41 PM »

OH MAN!  Why must you tease us so thelunarbee??!!

I WANT THE BOOK NOW!!
How the hell do I get back to Cincinnati??...Again!

scurvygirl

• Fiery One
  • City Elder
    • Scurvytown
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2005, 07:23:40 PM »

Quote from: "Buzzstein"
OH MAN!  Why must you tease us so thelunarbee??!!

I WANT THE BOOK NOW!!

I tease you because I'm a mean old witch.
If I wanted to really make you feel bad, I'd tell you I'm playing in a Quidditch match on Sunday!   And you could totally come with, but oh, no, wait, you're from out of state.  Bwahahahaha!

Buzzstein

• I have no title
  • City Elder
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2005, 07:28:14 PM »

I tease you because I'm a mean old witch.
If I wanted to really make you feel bad, I'd tell you I'm playing in a Quidditch match on Sunday!   And you could totally come with, but oh, no, wait, you're from out of state.  Bwahahahaha!

BOOOOO!

I like witches, just not mean ones! :p

scurvygirl

• Fiery One
  • City Elder
    • Scurvytown
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2005, 09:22:29 PM »

I've just been informed that JK has updated her official website.  Haven't gotten a chance to look it over yet, but hopefully it's cool.

On another HP related note, I played in a QWC (Quidditch World Cup) tournament yesterday and it was so much fun!  We played the PS2 version, but apparently they have it for GameCube as well.  Anyway, yeah, it was a nerdtastic blast!  Even though I completely got my ass kicked.  Um, yeah so anyway, my point here is that if you haven't checked this game out, you really should.

Juliana

• City Elder
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2005, 12:32:46 PM »

The GC version is only like $12.93 at Sam's club too.
I want it.

I had no idea there were different covers.  I've only ever seen the Scholastic ones I guess.
We all agree that genocide, avalanches, and Family Circus are not funny
-Ed Helms

Buzzstein

• I have no title
  • City Elder
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2005, 01:11:25 PM »

I've just been informed that JK has updated her official website.  Haven't gotten a chance to look it over yet, but hopefully it's cool.

On another HP related note, I played in a QWC (Quidditch World Cup) tournament yesterday and it was so much fun!  We played the PS2 version, but apparently they have it for GameCube as well.  Anyway, yeah, it was a nerdtastic blast!  Even though I completely got my ass kicked.  Um, yeah so anyway, my point here is that if you haven't checked this game out, you really should.

Interesting...very interesting...

And damn, I so wanna play Quidditch World Cup!  That game sounds awesome!  I would have loved to play you!

scurvygirl

• Fiery One
  • City Elder
    • Scurvytown
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2005, 07:59:06 PM »

Yawn... another silly post in my anticipation of this novel.

Now typically, I'm a Ravenclaw with some Gryffindor leanings according to most of the sorting hat quizzes I've done.

This test is pretty different, though.  I'm glad someone came up with it.  Basically, it's a quiz to tell what mix of Hogwart's Houses you are.

I ended up being a Ravenpuff, which sounds to me like a kinda gross breakfast cereal.  However, the Ravenpuff description was pretty dead on  for the most part.  Especially where it called me "ingenius." ;)

So yeah, quiz away!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Up