Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: This Week's Target Ad  (Read 1750 times)

Mr Pink

• missing in action
  • City Elder
  • aggressively lazy
    • MySpace
This Week's Target Ad
« on: January 04, 2005, 02:03:41 AM »

So, I was leafing through this past Sunday's Target circular, and noticed in the section where they advertise new CDs and DVDs that they were carrying and selling the new Atmosphere CD Headshots Se7en.

Now, I know that Atmosphere is getting some recognition due to being on the Vans Warped Tour the past couple of years and because their last album was released in partnership w/ punk label Epitaph, but this is still strange to see since their label, Rhymesayers, is an extremely small label.

Maybe it's the whole Minneapolis connection...
[size=9]Forza Azzurri![/size]

Nate

• Kevin Durant's baby mama.
  • City Elder
  • Best Album Never Made.
    • Randomville
This Week's Target Ad
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2005, 07:14:14 AM »

That is pretty weird.  I remember Best Buy (also Minnesota based) setting up distribution deals with Prince directly a few years back.  Maybe something like that is happening here.  

Also, it could be that Target looked at Best Buy, Circuit City, etc. and decided they wanted to be more competitive in selling CDs, hence the branching out of lesser-known independent acts.  Were there any other interesting selections in the flyer?
Each day you have a choice - hilarity or insanity.

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
This Week's Target Ad
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2005, 08:26:18 AM »

Target is cool. Target knows how to stay cool. ;)
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
This Week's Target Ad
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2005, 11:26:20 AM »

Quote from: "Nate"
Also, it could be that Target looked at Best Buy, Circuit City, etc. and decided they wanted to be more competitive in selling CDs, hence the branching out of lesser-known independent acts.  Were there any other interesting selections in the flyer?

Outside of Atmosphere, nothing in my local Target flyer. But I have to pick up some fabric softener today, so I'll poke around the music section while I'm there and see what I can find.
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

Mr Pink

• missing in action
  • City Elder
  • aggressively lazy
    • MySpace
This Week's Target Ad
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2005, 11:40:10 PM »

Quote from: "Nate"
Were there any other interesting selections in the flyer?

Nope, just the Atmosphere disc
[size=9]Forza Azzurri![/size]

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
This Week's Target Ad
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2005, 12:32:37 AM »

Nothing really interesting in the store, either. But Target always has had a meager CD selection. And their DVDs are oddly organized, too.
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
This Week's Target Ad
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2005, 09:27:31 AM »

Quote from: "Jonathan"
And their DVDs are oddly organized, too.

I'm not sure you could categorize that morass of haphazardly shelved movies as being "organized".
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

Doug

This Week's Target Ad
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2005, 09:39:12 AM »

We went shopping at Target (or Tar-jay, as my wife calls it) last week.  Every other person was dressed like the people in the commercials.  I couldn't figure out if this was art imitating life or the other way around.  I just found it annoying to be surrounded by a bunch of redneck-pseudo-hipsters.

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
This Week's Target Ad
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2005, 10:13:55 AM »

Quote from: "Kwyjibo"

I'm not sure you could categorize that morass of haphazardly shelved movies as being "organized".

I think they just make you want to earn that low, low price you pay if you actually find the DVD you want.
Pages: [1]   Go Up