Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anti-FABO: 2015 and beyond  (Read 4610 times)

trixi

• Sun Bum
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • My heart belongs to Ryne Sandberg
Re: Anti-FABO: 2015 and beyond
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2019, 11:20:59 PM »

Great news Butter!  I love my 2 days at home, and don't have the commute you do, so I'm sure you'll really enjoy.
"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2019, 03:10:24 AM »

I can work from home, I just donít.

I like the idea of my house being my house.  The place where I relax.  Itís really annoying to be home but have to work.

Also, it massively pisses me off when others work from home,  they are allegedly workin, but they take hours to respond to email, donít answer phone calls.  You know they arenít working.  Which is okay to some extent. No tlike I have the worldís most awesome work ethic.  You can fuck around at the office, I donít care, as long if I need to talk to you, I can.  And things get done on time, which they donít when people ďworkĒ from home.

TBF though, I have no wife or kids, so I donít have to juggle personal and work life as much as others. I can also drive to my office in five minutes.  And I actually need to get out of the house.  Going to work is the only time I talk to or even remotely socialize with nyone outside of my parents.  It would be be for my mental health to stay at home.  Iíd become a recluse.  No one would hear from me again until I am on the news because my parents put out a welfare check after I didnít show up on Sunday and they find my rotting corpse thatís been dead since Tuesday.  If my parents are dead at that point, it would be weeks, possibly months until someone noticed.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2019, 09:27:21 AM »

Your five minute commute is a huge benefit. When you moved recently, was it to be closer to the office?

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2019, 10:45:54 AM »

Also, it massively pisses me off when others work from home,  they are allegedly workin, but they take hours to respond to email, donít answer phone calls.  You know they arenít working.  Which is okay to some extent. No tlike I have the worldís most awesome work ethic.  You can fuck around at the office, I donít care, as long if I need to talk to you, I can.  And things get done on time, which they donít when people ďworkĒ from home.

Being a manager, I had to be a bit of a Nazi at times about those that worked from home... basically getting on them about response times, why were you showing offline for 2 hours, etc.  It gets to be annoying.  But the good thing is that MOST of the time, as long as work was getting done and there were no complaints, who gives a fuck. 

That's how I view my stuff.  I have deadlines, if I meet them what's there to complain about?  Except to complain just to be complaining.  Trying to be extra conscientious about getting the work done during this initial period so there aren't any questions.

But let's be real, I was on here screwing off when I was in the office, so ain't nothin changed.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up