Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cincinnatti  (Read 4834 times)

chooch

Cincinnatti
« on: April 30, 2004, 04:33:52 PM »

I'm a very nosey, bored, person.....I've also had a drink...What's it like.what's the Downtown area like..I became interested when I started listening to WOXY....is Dayton a kind of sister area if you know what I mean...And Oxford, anybody live there.  I had a look at some photo's of the skyline on your city website......looks good. What area is the party in....jesus how many questions is that,

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
Cincinnatti
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2004, 04:39:00 PM »

Do the words Starch Martins mean anything to you chooch?
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

chooch

Cincinnatti
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2004, 04:43:58 PM »

Hmm....that's an interesting question.

Wocket

• Citizen
    • closet optimist
Cincinnatti
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2004, 04:50:15 PM »

oxford, egh.
don't bother.
you're bringing me down man!

tomstray

• http://www.livejournal.com/users/tomstray
Cincinnatti
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2004, 05:05:32 PM »

I live in Oxford, and I have to agree with shivui, you probably shouldn't bother...though the students are gone after next week, and then it becomes a picaresque small town for a few months.

I've also lived in Fairfield, which also sucks, except of course for Jungle Jim's, which is enough to redeem just about any place on earth.
The loveliest community on earth will not be able to eliminate the dog turd." --Warren Ellis

LanneyD

• Asleep in the Back
  • City Elder
Cincinnatti
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2004, 05:38:29 PM »

http://www.oxfordwireless.com/images/2004-01-28.jpg

Here's a sky view of Oxford...as a wireless coverage map.
I lived my dream today
and I have lived it yesterday
-The Libertines

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
Cincinnatti
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2004, 06:13:18 PM »

bizarre questions, chooch. I can't blame you for wondering, but I hate to tell you that the answers will be disappointing.  And then knock you down.  (sry, I have My Red Cell in my head.)  

Tell us about Manchester.  We'll be able to tell you more about Cincy/Dayton with what you give about over there.  And yes, Oxford is just a small little town with a radio station and a University.  Not much more.

Wocket

• Citizen
    • closet optimist
Cincinnatti
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2004, 06:15:50 PM »

that's funny tomstray, becuase i live in fairfield now. you're right it does suck, but at least i can keep to myself to an extent.
you're bringing me down man!

chooch

Cincinnatti
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2004, 06:58:27 PM »

It was just a question in my head at the time..thanks for your answers..I live in Ashton.and that sucks to..

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
Cincinnatti
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2004, 08:53:31 PM »

chooch, oh...ashton.  I know EXACTLY where that is.  It's right next to...Cape Town?

chooch

Cincinnatti
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2004, 02:54:59 AM »

There's a bar in Manchester called Cord which is frequented by the local muso and art crowd.  It's a nice looking place but you got to have your head up your ass to get in.  Crossing the road and dodging the nutters on Oldham street will bring you to Night and Day..a good venue but the barstaff tend to be the grim faced mute type..And we got Mulligans bar.off Deansgate...which is a great Irish bar that's been around for years......meanwhile in downtown Ashton the local venue has been hit with a compulsory purchase order...some fucker wants to build an office block there...this thread made more sense about 10 hours ago...
Pages: [1]   Go Up