Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 501 502 [503] 504 505   Go Down

Author Topic: Random Musings  (Read 432771 times)

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
Re: Random Musings
« Reply #7530 on: October 04, 2019, 01:28:41 AM »

That is really incredible. Have you actually interacted with him about this too? Did you talk about it? I love this!

I donít think Iíve talked to him specifically about it, but heís seen me working in the yard.  And he probably noticed that I put two big-ass rain gardens that cover up half my front yard. If you looked at my yard this summer and you are a gardener or lawn guy, it just very obviously looked like someone had put some time and thought into it, but then did not follow through.  Like a bad lawn is just Bermuda grass and creeping Charlie.  My lawn was dying fescue and overgrown river oats.  Plus he saw all that stuff get planted and grow because I put it all in when I moved.

So, I think he just kinda knew what was up, and then saw my grass was dying and that I might be the kinda guy who cared and just tried to give me a headís up.  Then when he saw that I duly watered where and when he told me, he just kept at it.

Now I'm wondering exactly what is a "watering motion"? Does he do the rain motion like in Itsy Bitsy Spider? Or does he whip his dick out and wave it around like a hose? If it's the latter, I'm thinking he's sending a different signal.

He moves his hands downward while wiggling his fingers, like rain water falling.

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #7531 on: October 04, 2019, 08:35:15 AM »

That is really incredible. Have you actually interacted with him about this too? Did you talk about it? I love this!

I donít think Iíve talked to him specifically about it, but heís seen me working in the yard.  And he probably noticed that I put two big-ass rain gardens that cover up half my front yard. If you looked at my yard this summer and you are a gardener or lawn guy, it just very obviously looked like someone had put some time and thought into it, but then did not follow through.  Like a bad lawn is just Bermuda grass and creeping Charlie.  My lawn was dying fescue and overgrown river oats.  Plus he saw all that stuff get planted and grow because I put it all in when I moved.

So, I think he just kinda knew what was up, and then saw my grass was dying and that I might be the kinda guy who cared and just tried to give me a headís up.  Then when he saw that I duly watered where and when he told me, he just kept at it.

Now I'm wondering exactly what is a "watering motion"? Does he do the rain motion like in Itsy Bitsy Spider? Or does he whip his dick out and wave it around like a hose? If it's the latter, I'm thinking he's sending a different signal.

He moves his hands downward while wiggling his fingers, like rain water falling.

Can someone make this into a short film, please?
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

Paco

• Tourist
« Reply #7532 on: October 04, 2019, 04:18:00 PM »

Someone already did

https://youtu.be/3qVPNONdF58

(i wish I knew how to embed videos here)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 04:19:34 PM by Paco »

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #7533 on: October 04, 2019, 05:04:57 PM »

Someone already did

https://youtu.be/3qVPNONdF58

(i wish I knew how to embed videos here)

ZK in the bee costume.  :-*
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #7534 on: October 15, 2019, 04:12:32 PM »

Anyone else who went to BLINK this past weekend? I did it in two evenings, Friday night on the Kentucky side (including walking over the Suspension Bridge), and Saturday night on the Ohio side. Absolutely amazing stuff all around.

When the first BLINK took place in 2017, I said that I had never seen that many people gathered in downtown. BLINK 2019 easily and visibly attracted hordes more of people, it was insane (in the best possible way). Major kudos to whoever decided to make so many streets in downtown and OTR car-free. Anyone hear about an official total attendance number for BLINK 2019? If I recall, 2017 was 1 million (not sure how such numbers come about or who does the counting and how). If that was correct, I wouldn't bat an eye if 2019 attendance was 1.5 million.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #7535 on: October 15, 2019, 04:17:16 PM »

Anyone hear about an official total attendance number for BLINK 2019? If I recall, 2017 was 1 million (not sure how such numbers come about or who does the counting and how).

If it's anything like how they used to do the MPMF figures, they just take the previous year and add 50% whether there were actually more people or not.

(This has been your daily dose of shade directed at now defunct and unimportant happenings of the past that are long since worth being annoyed about.)
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

trixi

• Sun Bum
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • My heart belongs to Ryne Sandberg
« Reply #7536 on: October 15, 2019, 10:57:00 PM »

Anyone else who went to BLINK this past weekend? I did it in two evenings, Friday night on the Kentucky side (including walking over the Suspension Bridge), and Saturday night on the Ohio side. Absolutely amazing stuff all around.

I was there on Thurs night for downtown, OTR and Findlay sites and Sun night for the Banks and Covington.  I was out of town in2017, so have no comparison, but I enjoyed many of the sights. 
"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #7537 on: October 25, 2019, 11:50:00 AM »

I have decided to join Social Media. 

What are people using these days?  Instagram? Facebook?  Discord?  Fuck Twitter I'm not doing Twitter.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #7538 on: October 25, 2019, 12:03:48 PM »

My main social is Instagram. FB got too....political/annoying/older people.

I'm not sure that anyone who uses this website is young enough to really comment on that question though!

foolsgold

• City Elder
  • To the East...Blackward
    • Teabaggin'
« Reply #7539 on: October 25, 2019, 01:38:25 PM »

I guess it depends on what experience you want to get out of it.  I'm sort of on FB and use it to keep track of bands, artists, authors, and places, but don't use it to keep track of people.  I find it useful because a lot of the stuff I like isn't going to get written up in the handful of media sources I follow and it's way easier than trying to remember to check every few months to see if so-and-so is coming to town or is releasing something new.
Why there's all these ugly mans on my TV screen?  I wrap my head with foil so I don't catch them beams.

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #7540 on: October 25, 2019, 02:05:50 PM »

Most of us are on Facebook and to a lesser extent Instagram.  Even Butter is on FB now which I thought was a signal that hell had frozen over.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

Chespo

• Tourist
« Reply #7541 on: October 25, 2019, 03:03:53 PM »

I gravitated away from Facebook for a variety of reasons, one of which is that it started feeling like more noise than signal.

Instagram's the only one that I genuinely engage with on a routine basis, and most of the musicians/artists/makers that I want to follow post there. And being visual in nature, it engenders a different sort of content than the kvetching that's so common on Facebook.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #7542 on: October 25, 2019, 04:21:18 PM »

WHY?

(and why now?)

Don't you see how much better life is/was without social media? I cannot imagine ever joining, I mean it.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #7543 on: October 25, 2019, 04:51:08 PM »

WHY?

(and why now?)

Don't you see how much better life is/was without social media? I cannot imagine ever joining, I mean it.

Because I'm tired of not keeping in touch with people and then finding out they died. 

I'm getting older myself and the older you get, the harder it is to stay in contact with others.  People don't really call or write each other anymore.  Social media is how people stay in touch.  I'm not a fan, but it is what it is.  I'm not going to be instagramming every meal I eat and I doubt anyone I know will.  But still, every once in a while it's good to have a chat with someone you haven't talked to in awhile.  Or at least know what they're up to. 

Cockney Rebel

• I don't have an accent. You do.
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • Art is impossible to define. Shitty art is not.
« Reply #7544 on: October 26, 2019, 12:23:00 PM »

Facebook is a noise, but it's easy to ignore a lot of it with the right settings. IMHO.

In all my years on it I've only deleted a couple of people. Someone who I thought was a friend, but turned out to be a selfish leech. And someone I knew years ago when I worked for Virgin (he was the HMV manager across the street) who turned out to be an utter right wing arsehole with his comments. Not to me, but to friends in my feed. I asked him to stop, he didn't, and I dumped him like the shit he was.

For me it's been an absolute joy to be on there for the best part. I've hooked up with so many old friends, customers and music industry peeps that I would never have had a chance of befriending again without it. Many of whom who then took the trouble to turn up to the 60th birthday party I had last year in my old home town, coming from all corners of the UK.

It can sometimes be irritating/annoying (once or twice a month you gat barraged with ads in your feed) but I feel the plusses outweigh the minuses.YMMV however.
Opulence. I has it.
Pages: 1 ... 501 502 [503] 504 505   Go Up