Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 505 506 [507]   Go Down

Author Topic: Random Musings  (Read 473191 times)

euro60

• City Elder
Re: Random Musings
« Reply #7590 on: May 04, 2020, 03:41:12 PM »

Hynde is a Right wing conspiracy Trump supporter who lives in London. 
Can you back that up? I'm not saying you are wrong (or right). Just really surprised to hear this (certainly nothing in her memoir would give this impression).

(And yes I know she's lived in London for decades.)
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #7591 on: May 05, 2020, 09:29:16 AM »

Yeah, that goes against everything I know about Hynde.  Most of what I can find online says that she's been tolerant of Rush Limbaugh in many ways because her father was a fan, but not that she was a fan herself.  Like euro, I'm not saying you're wrong, but I can't find anything that agrees with you.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #7592 on: May 05, 2020, 10:30:13 PM »

I don't think Hynde is going to become active in politics or anything.  I think if she weren't who she is, she'd just be the crazy grandma who you have to be careful around and creeps out all the kids but us ultimately harmless.

In the last few years she has said that women dress too sexy, that world has become way too PC and needs to toughen up, that she doesn't understand why animal right activists are protesting her dairy farm, and an open letter to Trump thanking him for honoring Rush Limbaugh and asking for Julian Assange to be freed for protecting our freedom.

Any of or even two or three of those things... okay.  Like yeah your dad liked Limbaugh and you want to stay apolitical so he uses your song.  But then openly writing to Trump about it... uh-uh.

Do I like crazy animal rights activists?  No.  That's why I wasn't one.  Hynde was.  Like seriously, you were in PETA and a vegan, but you own a Dairy farm.  You don't get why people might be pissed?

Her book was a mess.  Poorly written, and somehow excruciatingly dull which is hard to pull off if you have lived the life she has.  You know how you see people and right way you are like, "Whoa, something is really different and wrong here.. yet vaguely familiar."  And then you realize they have turned into their parents?  That's how that book was.  Like a really bad self-serving attempt to rewrite her past and her present knowing full well how lame and sad her younger self would find her now.

The whole book is like, "I did this, I was young and stupid teehee it was so much to be raped.   I used to get so wasted!  Boy did we have some times!  I'm just so thankful my parents raised me right and taught that sex and drugs and rock n'roll were bad, because it was their voice in the back of my head that saved me.  And so now I want to teach my kids, and everyone else's kids that sex, drugs and rock n'roll are bad.  I used to read what people wrote and tried to change things, but then I realized everyone was phony and the world sucks.  So now, I just garden and I don't read at all.  Tge simple life us the life for me.  Except I just wrote a book."

She just put out an album of insipid karaoke jazz covers.  Her interview I saw was like, "You don't tell me what I can do.  I don't live for other people.  Can't pigeonhole me!  If I wanted put out a jazz album, I will."  I don't recall telling Hynde she couldn't put out a jazz album.  I didn't give a shit if she put out another album at all.  If you want to put out a shitty jazz album, Chrissie Hynde, put out a shitty jazz album.  The only person you have to answer to is yourself.  But apparently, you can't which us too bad, but I don't really need to be dragged into your old lady existential crisis.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #7593 on: May 06, 2020, 01:15:29 PM »

You are obviously much more knowledgeable about Chrissie Hynde than I ever was. I thought her memoir was alright (not monumental but alright), and didn't get any of these vibes that you are referring to.

I had no idea that she just put out a new album, not that I would care one way or another. I did know that the Pretenders were supposed to come to Riverbend this summer, and obviously that isn't going to happen.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #7594 on: May 07, 2020, 03:55:28 PM »

After hearing her cover of The Dandy Warhols' "We Used to be Friends" I have no interest in her music whatsoever.  How, or why, you'd take such great material and make it so completely boring I do not understand.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #7595 on: July 14, 2020, 01:14:08 PM »

If I could wave a magic wand to fix one seemingly unimportant thing in this world, I would definitely consider:

-all trucks and other heavy vehicles are now only as loud as a typical car (or quieter).

WHY ARE TRUCKS SO DARN LOUD?!?!? Argh.
Pages: 1 ... 505 506 [507]   Go Up