Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 473 474 [475] 476   Go Down

Author Topic: Random Musings  (Read 358005 times)

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
Re: Random Musings
« Reply #7110 on: July 14, 2017, 08:29:54 AM »

Ah, the old hi-hat wing nut chat up line. Haven't heard that in forever.
HAHAHAHHAHAA.

And you didn't marry her on the spot!?!?!??!

Totally the best meet-cute ever.
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #7111 on: July 14, 2017, 09:17:03 AM »

And you didn't marry her on the spot!?!?!??!

Totally the best meet-cute ever.

This!
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
  • No, THIS is 41.
« Reply #7112 on: July 14, 2017, 09:42:33 AM »

The hi-hat pickup line makes all the panties moist, at least in my experience.

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #7113 on: July 14, 2017, 10:06:00 AM »

couple questions, what's a hi-hat?  and this must be a pretty big wing-nut.  she was hitting on you?  that's awesome
poach eggs, not elephants

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #7114 on: July 14, 2017, 10:30:56 AM »

Would never work.

If this were a movie, I would be the older mentor who brings out her quirky side and adds some excitement to her otherwise carefully planned life.  For her part, she would draw me out of my shell with her youthful go-get-it-ness.  In the initial excitement of our new life discoveries, she would probably go a little overboard and sleep with me.

But eventually, she would start to see the flaws in my gen X slackdom and that lazy cynicism is not for her.  She will understand that I am a good guy because she's understanding like that, but also that I am too damaged to ever change.

This would ultimately come to a head when she goes out of her way to surprise me and against my wishes gets me signed to a record deal.  On the way to the signing, we run into a lost dog which she wants us to stop and return.  I get angry and refuse because I'm lazy and cynical like that and we're running late and I have a lot on my mind on my big day.  She is upset I won't help others.  But it would never have happened she not gotten me all organized and together and go-get-ty.  We wouldn't be here, with me acting like this.  We'd be at home chilling and making fun of bad TV and her too-anal friends.  She doesn't like what I'm turning into.  Huge fight ensues.  We say hurtful things we want to take back.

A few days later, I apologize and we have a breakup convo in a local coffeeshop where I tearfully and tenderly explain that she deserves to have her life complete but unfortunately, I can never be the missing wingnut to her hi-hat.  In a flash she recognizes that in romance it was actually her and not me that was settling for less than our heart's total desire.

This frees her up to go after the younger, way more handsome, slightly quirky but much less crazy young man who was clearly in love with her and she'd slowly grown close during the course of the movie, but wouldn't admit it.  But she is still unsure, hesitant.  I drive her home as she cries softly cause I'm a good guy like that.  The snow..... turns into rain.  Suddenly she realizes that the weather will be delaying all the flights and she can still catch the young man at the airport if she hurries!

She looks at me.  I read her unspoken thought and spin the car around, flooring it towards the airport.  We're going to make it!  Suddenly I slam on the brakes.  A lost dog has jumped out in front of the car!  Oh no, it's the same dilemma playing itself out.  She looks stricken.  "Take the car.  I got this."  I jump out in the pouring rain and scoop up the dog.  I see her in the driver's seat now, still hesitating.  "Go!" I mouth.  She floors it.  She does not see me waving goodbye sadly to her in the rearview as she goes.

She makes it to the airport on time, but she's too late.  Except she's not of course, because love-struck doofus guy never got on the plane.  Now he's blown his professional soccer tryout and will have to go to work for his dad's local pharmacy which secretly is what he always wanted because he loves his dad and his hometown but just felt like he was SUPPOSED to want be a pro soccer player.

He doesn't see her.  She taps him on the shoulder, says "I just want to know.  Are you the wing nut to my hi-hat?"  "I don't know what that means, but I'll be whatever you need, whenever you need it."  Hugs and passionate kisses.  We fade out.

Closing credits.  As the credits role, we see the couple getting married.  My band plays her reception including the ace theme song for the movie.  As the crowd roars at the end of the song, the couple catches my eye and she privately tips a glass.  I smile back, a bit wistfully.  As the smile fades from my face, an age and looks-appropriate woman walks up to me and says she loved that song and has some tickets to see some old long-forgotten indie band that has been established in earlier scenes as being my favorite. 

The End.

Cut to Black.

Audience goes fucking ape shit.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 10:49:04 AM by Zafer Kaya »

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #7115 on: July 14, 2017, 11:40:33 AM »

Amazing and well done!

You forgot that the lost dog is sitting off to the side of the band area as your new buddy.

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #7116 on: July 14, 2017, 12:00:59 PM »

The hi-hat pickup line makes all the panties moist, at least in my experience.
DUDE. REALLY?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's after midnight and you just said "Frasier". Whatever happens next, it's your fault.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 12:05:20 PM by c-lando »

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #7117 on: July 14, 2017, 12:04:06 PM »

Amazing and well done!

You forgot that the lost dog is sitting off to the side of the band area as your new buddy.
THIS!
WHAT ABOUT THE DOG!?!?!

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #7118 on: July 14, 2017, 03:16:01 PM »

I think you just saved Aziz Ansari a ton of effort, that's totally Master of None season 3.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #7119 on: July 14, 2017, 03:56:42 PM »

it appeals to a wide sex of people and begs for a prequel

Cockney Rebel

• I don't have an accent. You do.
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • Art is impossible to define. Shitty art is not.
« Reply #7120 on: July 16, 2017, 11:19:09 AM »

I precis'd ZK's script down to

"I am a wing nut"
Opulence. I has it.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #7121 on: July 16, 2017, 10:59:19 PM »

yea, but WHAT kind of wing but?

Left? right?

"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

va-vacious

• City Elder
    • http://va-vacious.livejournal.com
« Reply #7122 on: July 17, 2017, 09:08:01 PM »

This thread is why R-ville still rocks, and I want to see that movie.
Dreamcasting?
We can't stop now!

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #7123 on: July 18, 2017, 09:24:08 AM »

so the little one's first birthday came and went.  i naturally made carolina pulled chicken and beet slaw.  but now, how do we decide which accent to impart upon the child?  i'm most familiar with the scandinavian luthern northern great lakes vernacular outside of whatever holler talk it is i speak today 

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #7124 on: July 18, 2017, 09:29:26 AM »

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it's not up to you. It's up to TV and the kids at school.
Pages: 1 ... 473 474 [475] 476   Go Up