Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 482 483 [484] 485 486 ... 496   Go Down

Author Topic: Random Musings  (Read 386636 times)

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
Re: Random Musings
« Reply #7245 on: December 21, 2017, 01:19:51 PM »

ZK, you should have told them you were more of a shit-stirrer than a poo-flinger. Doesn't sound like the right job for you.
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #7246 on: December 21, 2017, 02:11:17 PM »

Do headhunters know or care how unbelievably insulting their stupid letters are?
The fact that this headhunter is sending a LETTER, as in, I suppose a hard copy letter in the mail, should really tell you how out of touch this headhunter is.

I get contacted by headhunters all the time, either by phone or by email.

I ignore them all. I mean, I've been at my firm for 30 years, I like it here, and I make good money. Do they really think I'd be interested in some uncertain adventure, even if it pays more money? Money isn't everything. But I guess I can't blame them for trying. But a letter? What a joke....

I don't plan to leave my job either.  But it would at least be slightly less annoying if I were actually being recruited instead of being bugged to recruit someone for an agency I care nothing about on behalf of a recruiting company that wants me to do their paid job for free.

va-vacious

• City Elder
    • http://va-vacious.livejournal.com
« Reply #7247 on: December 21, 2017, 11:47:18 PM »

ZK, you should have told them you were more of a shit-stirrer than a poo-flinger. Doesn't sound like the right job for you.

Lando, this was fantastic. (As was ZK's post)

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #7248 on: December 22, 2017, 10:11:59 AM »

whenever i think of headhunting i think of ice t in surviving the game
poach eggs, not elephants

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #7249 on: December 22, 2017, 06:11:10 PM »

Lando, this was fantastic. (As was ZK's post)

Right?!

Since she is the official Gold Star Post of the Day gal she can't really give herself the award, but I'm nominating her anyway. <3
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #7250 on: December 23, 2017, 01:17:24 PM »

i call this forum the daily journal.  whatever doesn't go in my notebook goes in here.  sorry? 

i found getting cds at the library at the perfect time in my life.  whenever i go into shake it anymore, i'll only check out the books.  i'll rummage if i'm with a buddy to waste time, go downstairs and laugh at the price of records.  i'm only in shake to chauffeur my out of town friends.  shake it took a bit of my paycheck for quite a few years.  i just don't listen to music as much as i used to.  anyway, i only have to spend a few minutes grabbing a couple of cds at the library instead of a half hour or hour or so at the record store.  i dug doing that, but it's not practical with a little walker being forced to tag along.  i liked cd's not because i wanted a collection but so i could listen at my leisure while supporting the artists. 

this was while and during when i discovered torrents.  torrents took over and i downloaded with abandoned  forsaking the record store.  then they took that torrent gatherer down a few years ago and i just gave up.  and now the library.  it's exciting.  there's absolutely no guilt!  and you practically own the shit.  i tried to renew some cds and she told me that they weren't due for a month.  i'm sure my wife renewed them on the internet 

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #7251 on: December 25, 2017, 01:37:45 PM »

i spent a better part of today and yesterday cleaning the basement.  i've been wanting to do it for quite some time.  fun fun fun.  i made extra shelves out of unnecessary load bearing cinder blocks from another shelving unit.  now i have a proper space for all my lead paint removal items, power tools that don't work, etc..   there was just one trouble area where we just threw a bunch of shit.  now it's a manageable trouble area.  once i get rid of a bunch of old electronics, the place will be almost proper.  i even brought down a chair and am utilizing a second trash can.  i really want one of those trash cans that you can set upon wheels.  next project will be attaching the door to the cellar entrance.  not sure if i'm capable of that.  but i've gotten this far!  there is a sidewalk proper cellar door, but that also needs addressed.  old homes need so much addressing

Paco

• Summer Resident
« Reply #7252 on: December 30, 2017, 04:15:30 PM »

so i have no idea what kind of bird of prey i saw was.  palindrome!  my buddy said he'd been seeing a redtail hawk stoop his shit.  that's a seven minute walk.  but that weren't no redtail hawk.  white head and brown body.  google images tells me the bird exists in java and northern australia.  and most likely india because they have everything great.  so that's not it.  it couldn't have been a bald eagle.  any birders out there?

I had my second close encounter with the neighborhood red-tail today. Strangely enough, they have both taken place on my front porch. The first was last summer when I was standing out on the porch having a smoke when a small bird flew by followed closely by the hawk in pursuit. The hawk was intending, I think, to take a short cut through the porch to get his prey only I was standing there and it veered off at the last second, obviously not expecting me to be there.
 The second time was today, same scenario, having a very quick smoke on the porch when I hear a ruckus to my right. I see a form out of the corner of my eye, thinking it's a squirrel or something, and I look over to see the hawk sitting on top of the fence about 2 feet away from me. It perched for a few seconds and then flew off.
My National Geographic moment for the day.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 04:23:24 PM by Paco »

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #7253 on: January 11, 2018, 12:48:40 PM »

i was walking to my buddies' house to fill in for a game of catan.  it was an expansion pack.  i walked down a side street i normally don't.  there was a woman hidden behind her coat sitting on a side street stoop across the street from me.  she said to me without turning her too much, 'you the speed dealer?'  i didn't say anything.  just thought to my self if i really looked like a speed dealer and if that's cool or not

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #7254 on: January 11, 2018, 03:31:07 PM »

The New York Times lists Cincinnati as the number 8 entry in their places to visit in 2018.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/travel/places-to-visit.html

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #7255 on: January 11, 2018, 04:21:25 PM »

So, I saw this in an Amazon Q and A for grow lights.

Question:
Will the lights work for pot and how many plants at a time?

Answer:
It does work perfect for potted plants. I can fit 2 plants comfortably under each light, so 4 in total.

Very clever, or very clueless?

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #7256 on: January 11, 2018, 07:49:49 PM »

I vote clueless. And earnest.
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #7257 on: January 14, 2018, 11:09:37 PM »

So I bought that grow light.  It’s like a cheap Chinese made one.  Decent quality, though.

The instructions on Chinese products get better all the time.  There were only a few Engrish-y things.  Minor grammatical errors, nothing whacky.  It even had a FAQ.

The first question in the FAQ was “Can this be used to grow plants other than pot?”  Which, I have no doubt is likely the most frequently asked question.

I was trying to figure out how far to put the light from my seedlings on the web.  No info. came up on a google search.  Just pages and pages about how to grow weed.  I would not think the percentage of indoor pot growers would outnumber regular gardeners by like, 500 to 1.

Also, how hard can it be to grow weed?  It has to be the most genetically mutated and selectively bred crop in existence.  Plants that need lights are plants that cannot be hidden.  Plants that need pampering or plants that die when stoners get too high to water them.  You can probably grow a ten foot plant in a closet.  A closet filled with reefer smoke.

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #7258 on: January 15, 2018, 09:11:00 AM »

I'll have what he's having.
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

Buzzstein

• I have no title
  • City Elder
« Reply #7259 on: January 15, 2018, 10:52:28 PM »

I'll have some more of what he's having.
How the hell do I get back to Cincinnati??...Again!
Pages: 1 ... 482 483 [484] 485 486 ... 496   Go Up