Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 486 487 [488] 489 490 491   Go Down

Author Topic: Random Musings  (Read 372758 times)

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
Re: Random Musings
« Reply #7305 on: March 06, 2018, 03:38:48 PM »

Congratulations?
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

luisterpaul

• City Elder
« Reply #7306 on: March 07, 2018, 08:27:55 AM »

Thanks?

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #7307 on: March 08, 2018, 08:58:48 PM »

i saw a squirrel fall from the top of floor of the halfway house the other day.  that was pretty awesome.  it certainly doesn't top getting carried away by a stray but it's up there.  i read in the national geographic that squirrels were introduced into urban neighborhoods to replicate the tranquility of nature.  i think this was like in the late 19th century or some shit.  they said it didn't go as planned
poach eggs, not elephants

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #7308 on: March 08, 2018, 10:31:06 PM »

Yeah, squirrels are native but they put them in a park in Philly and they were a hit so after that every park did it.

But considering how well they do in urban areas and the inevitable spread of cities, I donít think it ultimately had an impact.  There would still be squirrels everywhere.

They used to have black squirrels as an exhibit in the National Zoo but they escaped in the 40ís.  Now if you go to DC, they are everywhere.  In Georgetown, I feel like there are more Black than grey.

There is a neighborhood in Richmond that is known for having almost all white squirrels.  My parents moved about a mile away from there and sure enough, I see plenty of white squirrels, but they are still a minority.  I guess they are on the fringes of the population range.

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #7309 on: March 09, 2018, 09:11:17 AM »

Our old neighborhood in Middletown had white squirrels, but they pretty much kept to a 3-4 house range and were way down the street, so we only saw them when we were on the road.  Pretty cool though.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #7310 on: March 09, 2018, 12:12:55 PM »

I giggle every time I hear RuPaul refers to one of his queens as a "squirrel friend".
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #7311 on: March 16, 2018, 12:46:52 PM »

if my mother in law hadn't gone behind her husband's back to purchase tickets to join us in morocco, none of this would have happened.   my wife thought the entire time the two of them were on board with this idea and a good dead blows up in her face.   it started as a joke.  my mother in law has always wanted to go to morocco, lil rural ole her.  i thought it'd be pretty neat to see her in morocco, but didn't actually want that to happen.  with that in mind, my wife phoned home and mentioned that we were going to morocco amongst other daily trivialities .  mother in law is jelly.  my wife says, kris said you can come if you babysit charlie.  which is the joke because my mother in law, let's call her sandy, pregnant four consecutive years, doesn't really want anything anymore to do with kids.  we thought that was a longshot.  it wasn't.  she was on board immediately.  and proceeds to purchase a ticket behind everyone's back and my wife gets the brunt of her father's scorn.  i think things are cool now and am looking forward to this adventure

you guys are pretty cool

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #7312 on: March 16, 2018, 03:38:03 PM »

So c-lando started a thing over on the WOXY Facebook page for everyone to post their old WOXY profile for Throwback Thursday. It's brought back a lot of good, fun memories (she's ACES, our Lando, at doing this sort of thing) so why not bring some of the fun to our little corner of the 'ville for those who are not on FB?

Here's the link: http://web.archive.org/web/20111026062656/http://www.woxy.com/boards//

Duct tape can't fix stupid.

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #7313 on: March 16, 2018, 03:40:38 PM »

Duct tape can't fix stupid.

Paco

• Summer Resident
« Reply #7314 on: March 16, 2018, 07:45:47 PM »

wow, that's wild seeing that page again.

Here's mine, not much to see though: http://web.archive.org/web/20111025194644/http://woxy.com/boards/member.php?u=1742

Now I'm trying to think of the sock puppets I had. I think there was something aimed at duemellon. Probably more than one to be honest.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #7315 on: March 16, 2018, 10:48:10 PM »

thanks to all of you who posted these archive links, truly.

I had thought that my tens of thousands of posts on the erstwhile WOXY.com message boards were lost forever, but I guess not. I am not a techie so all of this is a new revelation to me. I just strolled through the 2009 Bonnaroo messages, omg, has it really been that long? Such great memories.

It makes me miss the WOXY.com message board and its community that much more. It was something truly special, and something that will never be replicated.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

trixi

• Sun Bum
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • My heart belongs to Ryne Sandberg
"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #7317 on: March 19, 2018, 08:39:40 AM »

(she's ACES, our Lando, at doing this sort of thing)
Awww, shucks.
Thanks for bringing it over here, MK.
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #7318 on: March 21, 2018, 02:39:28 PM »

Saw a bluebird in my yard today. 

Keep flying, bluebird.  I have no food or shelter for you.  I do not want to deal with mealworms and beating house sparrows to death with bricks.  Head out about a half mile Southeast from here to Maymont Gardens.  You'll go over a bunch of houses, and then you'll see a nice meadow at the edge of some woods with bluebird feeders and bluebird boxes and all sorts of bluebird stuff.  I have heard the staff at Maymont are stone cold house sparrow killers, so you'll be safe.  If you see the river, you've gone too far.

Yesterday, I saw the aftermath of a feather explosion. Pretty sure it was a jay. I don't think a cat could get to a bird there as it was smack dab in the middle of my yard, at least 10 feet from any shrubs or fences or other hiding/attack place.  I'm guessing it was a hawk.  Or the bird was really stupid and slow.

Birds I have seen in my backyard:  gold finch, house finch, mourning dove, white-throated sparrow, dark-eyed junco, purple martin, red belly woodpecker, downy woodpecker, cardinal, blue jay, robin, Carolina chickadee, cedar waxwing.

Birds I used to see in my backyard in the city:  Pigeon, starling, house sparrow, robin, bluejay.

Animals I have seen in my backyard:  Toad, five line skink, chipmunk, squirrel, rabbit

Animals I used to see in my backyard in the city: squirrel, possum, rat

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #7319 on: March 21, 2018, 05:38:28 PM »

are starling's those bullies?  fuck those guys
Pages: 1 ... 486 487 [488] 489 490 491   Go Up