Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 489 490 [491] 492 493 494   Go Down

Author Topic: Random Musings  (Read 376689 times)

Paco

• Summer Resident
Re: Random Musings
« Reply #7350 on: June 10, 2018, 08:06:48 PM »

a bathaus should face away from the sun if possible, right?

You want them to get plenty of morning/mid day sun.  So East, South, Southeast is generally recommended.

See, there's my problem. The convenient spot is blocked by trees until late afternoon. The alternative spot that would work involves climbing 30 feet up the old TV antenna tower next to the house.May I add I can't get rid of this thing?, its my Albatross.Anyhoo, I could try to climb it but if I fall I don't know if my insurance covers Dumb Fuckery.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 08:09:08 PM by Paco »

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #7351 on: June 12, 2018, 10:40:48 PM »

the cincinnati lizards have finally invaded my neighborhood.  i feel like issuing an annual welcoming parade.  i oughta introduce my legislation at the next community council meeting.  did any of you kids ever go to st alphonso's pancake breakfast near hueston woods?    it's been goin on forever.  homebrew, pancakes with weed butter.  and it's like, free.  you're encouraged to donate and there's music and camping.  i imagine my lizard day to be like that.  thank you

poach eggs, not elephants

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #7352 on: June 13, 2018, 10:49:20 PM »

a bathaus should face away from the sun if possible, right?

You want them to get plenty of morning/mid day sun.  So East, South, Southeast is generally recommended.

See, there's my problem. The convenient spot is blocked by trees until late afternoon. The alternative spot that would work involves climbing 30 feet up the old TV antenna tower next to the house.May I add I can't get rid of this thing?, its my Albatross.Anyhoo, I could try to climb it but if I fall I don't know if my insurance covers Dumb Fuckery.

sounds quixotic, this bat house.  i say climb that tower.  i like seeing people do that stuff

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #7353 on: June 21, 2018, 02:10:16 PM »

so it's pouring down rain here and i went to going about the gathering of the recycling bin.  i turned her loose of water and i heard someone pipe up from across the street.  it could only be the man whom i refer as neal cassady my chatter corner neighbor.  he's exactly the man whom'd detain you in the midst of a deluge.  all from his covered porch and not the one facing your street.  he has a corner lot after all.  but this wasn't the case.   i saw a man sitting on his motorcycle and i'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt that he was trying to start it to take off.  i watched him do this for at least a minute.  during a great downpour while i was touring southern illinois quite some time ago i saw a posse gathering under an overpass.  there was considerable water on the interstate.  i've only been to cairo twice and it's either been right before a flood or right after.  i think i found my sweet spot

Paco

• Summer Resident
« Reply #7354 on: June 21, 2018, 06:26:35 PM »

That was an impressive word salad. Got any to share?

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #7355 on: June 22, 2018, 02:36:51 PM »

yeah.  but you can't have any

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #7356 on: June 24, 2018, 09:22:18 AM »

little one and i had to go to a tire place to plug a leak.  when she sees people working on their cars she says that car broke.  at the tire place i explained to her that mommies tire is broke and the tire people are going to fix it.  while waiting, we looked at the cars and trains and interstates pass by.  i've instilled a passion for taxis in her.  not every yellow car is a taxi little one.  she's getting pretty good at picking out yellowless taxis.  anyway.  it was a day of a lot of running around and unexpected errands.  while walking up to the attic to put her down for a nap i confessed that i needed a break.  little one says, daddy broke.  i smiled and remarked, yes daddy is very broke

Paco

• Summer Resident
« Reply #7357 on: June 24, 2018, 07:36:08 PM »

As a dad, that's cool as fuck. I can dig having that kind of day with your little girl. I had those with mine and they live forever.
As for having none to share, it's okay. I'm set, I was simply impressed.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #7358 on: June 24, 2018, 11:42:05 PM »

As a dad, that's cool as fuck. I can dig having that kind of day with your little girl. I had those with mine and they live forever.
As for having none to share, it's okay. I'm set, I was simply impressed.
2x

Where have the days gone when I had those kinds of moments with my (then) little girl (who is now 28, I can't believe it)
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #7359 on: July 02, 2018, 03:15:06 PM »

i finally had the talk with my cousin.  we'd been roadtripping throughout wisconsin forever these past ten or so years and i'd typically be the one driving so i never noticed it before.    he drives only in the left lane on two lane highways..... i think he pulls into the right lane if an emergency vehicle needs by.  he drives about eighty miles per hour.  this is irritating and relentlessly curious.  i've asked him about it before and he said that's just how people drive up here.  i found that suspect as he wondered aloud why drivers were giving him dirty looks (he must have been oblivious up to now).  after we put the little ones down i, joined him by the fire, opened up a new glarus and proceeded to politely harangue him.  to help.  he regaled upon the many virtues of the left lane and i agreed.  it's certainly there for a purpose.  i finally had him boxed in a corner and he relented.  you know, he said, i just don't give a fuck.  he projects his indifference with an icy cool passive aggressiveness.  i don't have the balls to be a dick.  i personally think that is a dangerous and rude practice but he provided me with a sufficient answer.  i smiled greatly and never mentioned it again

va-vacious

• City Elder
    • http://va-vacious.livejournal.com
« Reply #7360 on: July 07, 2018, 07:01:23 PM »

Tennessee, Georgia, and I think a couple of other states are starting to enforce ticketing of people who are impeding traffic in the left lane. (Don't know if your cousin is doing that or not) so he might want to think about that a bit more.

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #7361 on: July 08, 2018, 08:45:55 AM »

he needs a traffic officer to explain it to him.  lessons man and learning how to be a courteous driver

dirk

• City Elder
« Reply #7362 on: July 08, 2018, 10:15:29 AM »

The whole left lane thing annoys me on both ends. It is annoying that people sit in the left lane when they aren't going fast enough to pass people. I am all for ticketing people for impeding traffic in the left lane. On the other side, it is the passing lane, not the "go as fast as possible" lane. Many times I am going 7-8 MPH over the speed limit and slowly passing people on the right and I have someone fly up on my and ride my ass because I'm not going fast enough for their taste. I'm going over the speed limit and passing people, but I have no desire to be going 20 MPH over like these assholes. They are as dangerous (if not more dangerous) than the people going the speed limit in the left lane.
1+2+2+1
Gown removed carelessly. Head, less so. - Joss Whedon

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #7363 on: July 09, 2018, 12:16:53 PM »

what about coasting in the left lane at five over on a two lane city road?  i do it all day, well in the heavy flowing morn commute.  love seeing people fly into the right lane and get stuck behind a bus.  and they really do fly in the morning.  i was driving down a windy hilly single laned foresty road (which is my usual morning commute) and the same car overtook me (around a bend) on two consecutive days.  first i thought she was driving herself to the hospital to deliver her child but the second day?  she should still be recovering!   

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #7364 on: July 09, 2018, 01:50:00 PM »

what about coasting in the left lane at five over on a two lane city road?  i do it all day, well in the heavy flowing morn commute.

Then you're a dick who drives illegally.
Pages: 1 ... 489 490 [491] 492 493 494   Go Up