Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 492 493 [494]   Go Down

Author Topic: Random Musings  (Read 378090 times)

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
Re: Random Musings
« Reply #7395 on: August 22, 2018, 03:41:05 PM »

Or set her desk on fire...
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #7396 on: August 22, 2018, 03:43:24 PM »

Everytime you hear her, ask her what song she is humming.  Ask her EVERY single time.

This has begun.
It seemed to work, kinda.
"Uh. You can hear me? I need to bring in a headset."

Oops. Nope. She started humming again in the time it took me to type this.

Sounds like you are the one who needs headphones. Block that shit out.
I try to avoid excessive headphone use after years of concerts without earplugs. Also, I think it's rude to have headphones so loud that you don't hear other people in the office.
I think I'm just a stick in the mud old fart who needs to find a job that allows her to work at home (with her dog) and avoid all people forever.
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

Paco

• Summer Resident
« Reply #7397 on: August 22, 2018, 04:05:10 PM »

You could always take the "if you can't beat em, join em" approach and start humming along with her.

Case in point:There's an extremely annoying woman in my office who had the most obnoxious ring tone ever. And she gets tons of personal calls and frequently leaves it in the office while she goes to other parts of the building.
Anyhow, this ring tone is a recording of her grand daughter from when she was about three years old. She's ten now. The recording is of her daughter coaching the kid, heres the dialogue:

Daughter: Graaaammmmy...
Grand-D: Graaaammmmy...
D: Pick up your phone!
GD: Pick up your phone!

This repeats and repeats. Now granted, it was funny the first couple of times....7 fucking years ago.
So my approach was as soon as it started ringing, i would chime in along with it, quite loudly. After a couple of times, another co-worker joined me.

Her ring tone is now a factory set tone. and it's usually turned off.

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #7398 on: August 22, 2018, 04:25:50 PM »

I have also employed that tactic. I bet I would win a "name that ring-tone contest" around the office for everyone's respective ring tones.

We did have a co-worker before this one who used to hum/sing and it was VERY off key. My solution for that was to start howling. Other co-workers would join in. But, we all hated that co-worker. I don't think we really want to break this one yet.

YET.

It probably doesn't help her case that she has worked from home for like 20 years. I have no idea what it would be like to try to enter THIS office dynamic after that many years of having ZERO co-workers around you.
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

Paco

• Summer Resident
« Reply #7399 on: August 22, 2018, 04:51:47 PM »

I have also employed that tactic. I bet I would win a "name that ring-tone contest" around the office for everyone's respective ring tones.

We did have a co-worker before this one who used to hum/sing and it was VERY off key. My solution for that was to start howling. Other co-workers would join in. But, we all hated that co-worker. I don't think we really want to break this one yet.

YET.

It probably doesn't help her case that she has worked from home for like 20 years. I have no idea what it would be like to try to enter THIS office dynamic after that many years of having ZERO co-workers around you.

heh heh. yet...

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #7400 on: August 23, 2018, 11:38:17 AM »

Everytime you hear her, ask her what song she is humming.  Ask her EVERY single time.

This has begun.
It seemed to work, kinda.
"Uh. You can hear me? I need to bring in a headset."

Oops. Nope. She started humming again in the time it took me to type this.

Sounds like you are the one who needs headphones. Block that shit out.
I try to avoid excessive headphone use after years of concerts without earplugs. Also, I think it's rude to have headphones so loud that you don't hear other people in the office.
I think I'm just a stick in the mud old fart who needs to find a job that allows her to work at home (with her dog) and avoid all people forever.

I was thinking of the noise-canceling headphones that just give some 'white noise'.

We have a couple of people in our office that are just plain LOUD when they talk, so their cube-farm neighbors have adopted said headphones for sanity's sake.
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

yoshomon

• Summer Resident
« Reply #7401 on: August 28, 2018, 12:54:25 AM »

Wow, this forum is still going. Been a long time since I visited...

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #7402 on: August 28, 2018, 10:11:08 AM »

I'm impressed you knew your password.

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #7403 on: August 29, 2018, 09:23:52 AM »

Nice to have you back Yosh! Don't be a stranger!
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

Paco

• Summer Resident
« Reply #7404 on: September 13, 2018, 04:18:37 PM »

Are monarch butterflies starting their migration? I've seen more of them today than i have all year.

And how the hell do they migrate thousands of miles? I saw one today spend 15 minutes trying negotiate past the wall of the building where I work. I know, I know, jet stream and such. Still...

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #7405 on: September 17, 2018, 02:19:59 PM »

wife says they have.  i've seen more swallowtails this year
poach eggs, not elephants

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #7406 on: September 17, 2018, 02:20:17 PM »

while waiting for the instant pot to work it's magic on my refried beans (i use the instant pot now), charlie and i hit up the mill creek.  there's a nice paved trail in my hood which jogs along it.  i like to romanticize open boxcars on the passing csx line and point out to little one various places we'd be spending the night if we were homeless.  i think she's quite smitten with interstate overpasses.  just like her old man.  it's practical.  time tested

along our route, a welcome transformation has occurred along a most scenic stretch.  rapids.  like fifty feet.  the epa and cincinnati msd dumped a bunch of rocks near low head dams to mitigate their effect.  what was once unnatural mini waterfall is now whitewater.  today we saw a blue heron.  i promised to charlie that it was a bird

i was walking around reno once upon a time and they've got a fast moving river thru the heart of that big lil' city.  recreationalists were spotted navigating that moderately formidable water.  i thought that was pretty cool.  what about doing that?  mill creek has gone thru so much transformation why not just dumped a bunch more rocks in it?  strategically of course.  i'm thinking, build a couple more of these low head dams and then undo it with the rocks.  there's too many reasons not to.  think about all that new habitat for floundering fish and their old foes, the effluent fluently being filtered or funneled to the ohio and the recreationalists will ever wonder how they did without.  is it too soon to invest in a livery? 

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #7407 on: October 10, 2018, 02:22:01 PM »

i'm writing a sea chantey.  i toyed with the idea of making it a duet, you know both sides of the story.  all sea chanteys are romantic right?  you can't have the man and the woman both being sentimental.  i don't like that territory.  but if i make it part bawdy irish jig, it detracts.  imo.   where's the happy medium of a sea chantey duet?  maybe some joe conrad shit? 
Pages: 1 ... 492 493 [494]   Go Up