Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 493 494 [495] 496 497 ... 506   Go Down

Author Topic: Random Musings  (Read 437388 times)

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
Re: Random Musings
« Reply #7410 on: November 13, 2018, 10:44:01 AM »

So, c-fan got appointed as Director at her job yesterday.  A lot of hard work that started with 5+ years of nursing school (part time) and is continuing with more part time school to get a Bachelor's and also with 7+ years of professional experience is coming to fruition.

She has worked really hard for this and basically told me not to put it on Facebook, so I don't have a whole lot of places to brag about it.

But if you wanted to send a Facebook DM or post here, I'm sure she'll see them.  She just turned 42 and has only been working 7 years in her new field and has already reached an Executive level.  It's just a testament to her hard work and how generally awesome she is.  She has been at her current company less than 5 years, and the best part about her job is that even though she works for an insurance company, her whole goal is around reducing costs and keeping elderly patients well.

So this ended up sounding like a terrible intra-company memo of congratulations, but I wanted to share with the few of you that are left.

Edit: A shame that this was post 10,002 and not 10k.  I don't even know what 10k was, probably some film post.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #7411 on: November 13, 2018, 10:58:15 AM »

Congrats to C-fan!! That's fabulous for her and I'm sure she's very deserving.

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #7412 on: November 13, 2018, 12:14:07 PM »

later, i forgot to add oatmeal to my stovetop oatmeal
Sounds to me you are one fine human being I can relate to. Let's hang!
Definitely a robot. But, this is still a buddy movie in the making that I would watch.
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #7413 on: November 13, 2018, 12:15:30 PM »

Edit: A shame that this was post 10,002 and not 10k.  I don't even know what 10k was, probably some film post.

Go delete some shit.

WWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO, c-fan. That's SO awesdome!!!!!!!!!!!

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #7414 on: November 14, 2018, 09:58:57 AM »

'Grats, C-Fan!  You deserve it.  That's impressive.

Sounds like it's been a long but worthwhile road.  I have no idea how people even handle being parents, much less being parents while dealing with career changes AND going to college.

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #7415 on: November 14, 2018, 10:44:15 AM »

Congrats to C-fan.  This gives me hope that my return to higher ed will pay off in the end.  If that end ever comes.  Somehow 20 years of experience doesn't count for shit, but I'm really hoping that degree gets me at least a chance.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #7416 on: November 14, 2018, 03:54:45 PM »

Yay C-fan! Congrats on the promotion!
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

clemsonfan

• RN
  • City Elder
« Reply #7417 on: November 14, 2018, 07:52:37 PM »

Thanks everyone! This is very surreal as I have been working towards this since I started working here.   
Well.......

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #7418 on: November 14, 2018, 10:36:43 PM »

Congrats c-fan!!! so nice to see great work rewarded!
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

va-vacious

• City Elder
    • http://va-vacious.livejournal.com
« Reply #7419 on: November 14, 2018, 11:59:05 PM »

yay, c-fan! That's amazing! I know you have worked so.hard for this, and you've done an incredible job!!!

Yaaaayyyyyy!!!!!

Chris

• Citizen
« Reply #7420 on: November 15, 2018, 10:05:25 AM »

Congrats to C-fan.  This gives me hope that my return to higher ed will pay off in the end.  If that end ever comes.  Somehow 20 years of experience doesn't count for shit, but I'm really hoping that degree gets me at least a chance.

It will. It's helped me out since getting out 2 years ago. I'm still debating a run at a masters, but the return to school really did help in kickstarting a different direction for me.

And way to go C-Fan! That's great news!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 10:09:07 AM by Chris »

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #7421 on: November 16, 2018, 01:17:03 PM »

So, there's this lady who is not my friend but hangs out with some of my friends.  She's always been an awful person around me so I don't get why anyone likes her.

Finally someone told me today that she's actually a really nice person and gave me examples of all the super cool things she's done for them and in general.  And yeah, I had to agree she was an exceptionally good person who does much nicer things much more often than me.  I'm the exception in her world because she hates me and is intentionally rude.  She's not like this with anyone else, even legit bad people.

The reason for this is that the first time she met me, which is at least 4-5 years ago there was a conversation (which I had totally forgotten about).

Someone was talking about buying art for their bedroom, and I guess we were talking about what we had in our rooms.  I have a set of three cheap prints that I rotate out once or twice a year when I get bored.  I just have them in those magnetic thingy's, you know where it's like two magnet clamps on the top and bottom, and the top set has some string so you can hang it from a hook?

So someone was like, why do you have those.  And I said because I don't like having heavy frames above my headboard because what if the picture falls on my head while I am sleeping?  And then they were like, how do you choose the prints, and I was like whatever three prints seem interesting to me at the time, and do not say "Live," "Laugh," "Love."

It turns out this person has a huge,like 4 foot 30lb giant ornately framed print right above her headboard which says "Live. Laugh.  Love." which is apparently her prized possession because she's a livelaughlove type of person and also her mother sent her the print as a gift from her deathbed when she had cancer or something.

It also turns out that all of my friends have seen her house and know that she has that print, and knew totally she was offended when I said that and they have known it this whole time and just think it's funny whenever the two of us end up in the same place and she HATES me and acts so uncharacteristically vicious toward someone, and I'm totally confused as to why.

My friend explained it to me like this.  She has a poster that says "Live. Laugh. Love" that inspires her to be a better person and live a full and happy life.  I have print I bought from Etsy on a whim that says "The more people I meet, the more I like the Smiths" and I am moody, rarely hang out with anyone and don't do nice things for the world.  It's only right that the two of us meet in conflict, and that she win.  She's the Lawful Good to my Chaotic Evil.  I tried to make the point that I was really more Chaotic Neutral in this scenario, but he said the principles still apply.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 01:19:52 PM by Zafer Kaya »

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #7422 on: November 16, 2018, 10:58:58 PM »

outstanding.  sounds like you've got some fun friends

the only piece of "art" we have hanging in the house is a rug we got in turkey on our honeymoon.  other than than it's maps or family photos
poach eggs, not elephants

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #7423 on: November 19, 2018, 02:21:49 PM »

Live, laugh, and fuck that lady.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #7424 on: November 19, 2018, 02:57:15 PM »

Live, laugh, and fuck that lady.

Why don't we have a hand clap emoji?

GSPotD.
Pages: 1 ... 493 494 [495] 496 497 ... 506   Go Up