Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 500 501 [502]   Go Down

Author Topic: Random Musings  (Read 420981 times)

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
Re: Random Musings
« Reply #7515 on: July 28, 2019, 06:52:29 PM »

Hey Euro let me know when you are riding by our building. We'll be on the balcony with the Super Soaker loaded and ready! ;D
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #7516 on: July 28, 2019, 11:08:35 PM »

Hey Euro let me know when you are riding by our building. We'll be on the balcony with the Super Soaker loaded and ready! ;D
Sorry since we missed ya... I have to say this was the coolest thing. We started out in Pendleton, where the peddle beer tour company is based. We peddled to Queen City Radio, hung out at the patio for a beer, then went on to Rhinegeist where we hung out for another beer at the magnificent roof top bar, and then made a scenic way back to where it all started. Those 2 hours just flew by. Our "tour guide" was super cool. A great experience all around, and I'd readily recommend it to anyone interested in this. What a great gift this was from my son.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #7517 on: August 02, 2019, 11:38:53 PM »

twas giving the two month old a bath earlier today so wife could enjoy peach cobbler she just made.  piping hot on the stove with udf vanilla bean ice cream i recently procured.  i was sitting down there next to the tub, taking off her diaper when a stream of yellow grainy shit met my stomach.  can't recall if i ever witnessed an active poop with other one.  up until this point i can safely say i only remember littlest one's slow pyroclastic flows.  totally annoying

poach eggs, not elephants

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #7518 on: August 05, 2019, 01:21:05 PM »

I saw Ethan Hawke again.  This time it wasn't in Scott's Addition, and he was with some people who looked like they might have been his family, but I dunno.  It was not Uma Thurman, and it was not Julie Delpy.  That's all I got.  But there were no Hawke-alikes in sight.

So I guess that confirms that Ethan Hawke has no super-powers or even a roving fan club.  Just people in Scott's Addition look like Ethan Hawke.

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #7519 on: August 14, 2019, 11:02:42 AM »

Poufs.  Cut the shit, people.  No, they are not a versatile piece that can serve as decor, side table, small seat or foot rest.  They're super low bean bags that mush into pancakes the moment any weight is put on them and therefore utterly useless in any capacity.

Either just buy an ottoman, petition the manufacturers to start making higher quality, taller poufs, or stop inviting me to your house and making me sit on your ass-breaking poufs.

Paco

• Tourist
« Reply #7520 on: August 14, 2019, 08:27:55 PM »

Much like my search for the perfect Reuben, much closer to home I am forever trying to make the perfect hard boiled egg. I know, I know, they should be "older" eggs and the boil time blah, blah, blah. I tried them in my Instant Pot and while they are easy to peel, they have a sort of....funk about them. Perhaps it's the difference between boiled and steamed. Anyhow, I may try brown eggs. I was camping recently and my camp buddy had hard boiled brown eggs that seemed quite user friendly. We shall see.

Paco

• Tourist
« Reply #7521 on: August 23, 2019, 05:28:36 PM »

So I'm grocery shopping today. high. Usually I stick to my list but I saw the Ben and Jerrys and I never buy Ben and Jerrys and I bought 2 pints of Ben and Jerrys. One of them is called Pucker Upper, a Raspberry Sorbet with sour Lemonade somehow combined. I don't know, I'll find out later.
The thing is, every time I look in the freezer and see it, my brain registers Upper Decker, which I imagine would be a completely different flavor and consistency.

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #7522 on: August 23, 2019, 11:32:57 PM »

So I'm grocery shopping today. high. Usually I stick to my list but I saw the Ben and Jerrys and I never buy Ben and Jerrys and I bought 2 pints of Ben and Jerrys. One of them is called Pucker Upper, a Raspberry Sorbet with sour Lemonade somehow combined. I don't know, I'll find out later.
The thing is, every time I look in the freezer and see it, my brain registers Upper Decker, which I imagine would be a completely different flavor and consistency.

an upper decker?  last time i heard about that being pulled off my dude was in the stall upper deckin' the john of the old dive while our other two dudes were about the urinal talking about how the coke they just bought was barely coke at all.  they "borrowed" my upper deckin' buddies' car to get that shit straight.  forgot about that one.  they had his keys for some reason

i went to the grocery high one sunday morning.  great grocery shopping time.  at those behemoth chains with the gas stations, you can apparently leave your vehicle unattended at the pump for an hour trip and find you can just go about your day.  it's more convenient to restart your vehicle and park closer but you gotta remember to do that
poach eggs, not elephants

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #7523 on: September 09, 2019, 05:36:13 PM »

For reasons too long to explain, I had to reset and relaunch my desk top at home and hence I lost all "pre-set" passwords on everything, including for here. I tried to sign in, and I guess I don't remember the password. And then I couldn't get it to reset it to a new password. So now I can only use Randomville at work (where the password remains "pre-set"). It's no big deal, just annoying.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #7524 on: September 10, 2019, 03:18:58 PM »

Hah! This site is slowly dying out for all of us. I find this both beautiful and annoying.

Ella Minnow Pea

• Numbers Guru
  • Administrator
  • City Elder
  • Reference Desk
« Reply #7525 on: September 10, 2019, 09:33:30 PM »

For reasons too long to explain, I had to reset and relaunch my desk top at home and hence I lost all "pre-set" passwords on everything, including for here. I tried to sign in, and I guess I don't remember the password. And then I couldn't get it to reset it to a new password. So now I can only use Randomville at work (where the password remains "pre-set"). It's no big deal, just annoying.
I think I can reset your password (although I can't see your current one). Let me know if you want me to try that at some point.
also known as rcc94

Ella Minnow Pea

• Numbers Guru
  • Administrator
  • City Elder
  • Reference Desk
« Reply #7526 on: September 10, 2019, 09:34:23 PM »

Hah! This site is slowly dying out for all of us. I find this both beautiful and annoying.
Yet the bots keep finding us. I had to delete a couple hundred join requests a few weeks ago.
also known as rcc94
Pages: 1 ... 500 501 [502]   Go Up