Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Don't buy Sony Products  (Read 2210 times)

rva

Don't buy Sony Products
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2005, 12:40:44 AM »

Given the past bad blood between Spectre and myself I think people might be reading too much into what I wrote, so I'll just make it clear:

I only mentioned the glitches to point out to monkeyneck that his stereo might not be as shot as he thinks it is.  It was not a swipe at the whole WOXY dvd-burning affair.

I don't for a split second think that Spectre intentionally sent out bad copies or that he skimped on quality for profit.  You can't expect perfection from bootlegs-- these were ripped off an audio stream packed to capacity so glitches will happen.  Like I said *every* copy I have, whether acquired via bittorrent or burn (in some cases multiple burns) has data issues.  Not his fault.  

I don't doubt that he will replace anyone's copy if it's bad, nor do I think this is a cheat or scam.  If your bootlegging ethics are such that you don't mind paying cash for boots, $20 is not unreasonable and you can trust Spectre to deliver.

Bronzetree

• Punching Bag
  • City Elder
Don't buy Sony Products
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2005, 02:26:29 AM »

Uh, I think they're going on Kwyj's post, but I could be wrong.

Doug

Don't buy Sony Products
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2005, 07:39:30 AM »

Quote from: "Spectre"
And you guys wonder why I never post over here any more....

Yeah, I didn't catch that "dirtiest cheat in the entire world" bit until just now.  May I just take this moment to say that the views and opinions expressed by Kwyjibo, do not reflect the views and opinions of the board as a whole.  He is a curmudgeon and should be taken that way at all times.

Phil, as far as I'm concerned, you've done nothing but good things for the WOXY community and I'd like to see you around more often.

monkey neck

• Strange, but not a stranger
  • City Elder
Don't buy Sony Products
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2005, 09:16:33 AM »

Aye.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
Don't buy Sony Products
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2005, 12:00:23 PM »

Word

Juliana

• City Elder
Don't buy Sony Products
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2005, 02:41:24 PM »

I have a Sony Walkman and it's nice.
The only thing that sucks is that if you want to get a replacement AC Adapter for SOnys, you have to buy a sony one.  An offbrand (and way more inexpensive) one won't work.
We all agree that genocide, avalanches, and Family Circus are not funny
-Ed Helms

Spectre

• Summer Resident
  • The Legend
    • http://www.lacefield.com
Don't buy Sony Products
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2005, 09:51:52 AM »

Quote from: "slow-dog"
 If the rips are faulty, he's probably a well meaning idiot  ( ;)
Butter is a douchebag.

I can't decide which is the nicest thing anyone's said to me all week :)
What the hell, it's only cheese...

Spectre

• Summer Resident
  • The Legend
    • http://www.lacefield.com
Don't buy Sony Products
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2005, 09:54:37 AM »

Quote from: "rva"
I don't doubt that he will replace anyone's copy if it's bad, nor do I think this is a cheat or scam.  If your bootlegging ethics are such that you don't mind paying cash for boots, $20 is not unreasonable and you can trust Spectre to deliver.

It's all good here, brotha!  Now, if you happen to see a guy named Chip driving around Richmond in an old funny-looking green Saab, tell him hey from me :-)
What the hell, it's only cheese...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up