Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: "I'm bound to pack it up"  (Read 6313 times)

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
"I'm bound to pack it up"
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2005, 12:12:02 AM »

Quote from: "rva"
I prefer Portland to Seattle as it is cheaper and has just as good of an indie-type scene.  It's only an hour away from Seattle anyway.

What kind of land-speed records are you setting on the highway? :)
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2005, 12:29:20 AM »

I'm betting he's using some sort of Warp technology...

slow-dog

• City Elder
    • http://www.slow-dog.com/
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2005, 01:49:14 AM »

Quote from: "mistergugi"
I'm betting he's using some sort of Warp technology...

Maybe he drives

slow-dog

• City Elder
    • http://www.slow-dog.com/
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2005, 01:50:46 AM »

Des.  I prefer Portland to Seattle as it is cheaper and has just as good of an indie-type scene.  It's only an hour away from Seattle anyway.  

And as an added bonus, using RVA's reckoning ;) San Francisco is only like 2 hours from Portland, so you should definitely move there.

Nate

• Kevin Durant's baby mama.
  • City Elder
  • Best Album Never Made.
    • Randomville
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2005, 03:39:50 AM »

Did you say THREE HOURS from L.A.?!?  Man, you should check that out, too.
Each day you have a choice - hilarity or insanity.

Marlowe

• foppish twit
  • City Elder
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2005, 06:45:43 AM »

if you do move, you'll have to do a switch-a-roo with seattle93's screenname...

seattle05 and gianni royale

Bronzetree

• Punching Bag
  • City Elder
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2005, 08:16:25 AM »

I prefer Portland to Seattle as it is cheaper and has just as good of an indie-type scene.

Portland is also home to two comics book companies (Oni Press and Dark Horse), and a host of comic book creators. I've thought about that one myself.

rva

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2005, 01:37:35 PM »

They have these things now that *fly* through the air at great rates of speed.  Crazy, I know.

Supposedly you can catch round trip flights from PDX to SeaTac for $80.

Action Jim

• Part of the problem
  • City Elder
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2005, 07:34:42 PM »

I think we need to throw a going-away party for you, so that we all get to see you one last time.  I want to do this purely for sentimental purposes, by the way.  It has nothing at all to do with the fact that you owe me 10 dolla.
size=10]"If God had wanted man to play soccer, He wouldn't have given us arms."

"The future's so bright, I -- I can't bear to look."  - This Modern World[/size]

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2005, 09:47:13 PM »

They have these things now that *fly* through the air at great rates of speed.  Crazy, I know.

Supposedly you can catch round trip flights from PDX to SeaTac for $80.

I figured you probably meant an hour by air, but cost-wise it's not so easy to hop on a jet whenever you want. Unless you're a posh bastard like Foolsgold.
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2005, 05:41:42 AM »

Quote from: "l.diddy"
I think we need to throw a going-away party for you, so that we all get to see you one last time.  I want to do this purely for sentimental purposes, by the way.  It has nothing at all to do with the fact that you owe me 10 dolla.

Well, it's not going to happen for almost a year. And you MIGHT get your money by then!    :lol
"If you're going to get a hooker, at least  get one a little older. They have more tricks." ~Advice from Mad Dog, my grandmother

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2005, 10:34:47 AM »

Quote from: "JohnnyRoyale"
Well, it's not going to happen for almost a year. And you MIGHT get your money by then!    :lol

Nah, don't give it to him until he throws you a going away party.  Then you both get something good out of it.

Sue

« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2005, 11:49:31 PM »

Quote from: "Marlowe"
if you do move, you'll have to do a switch-a-roo with seattle93's screenname...

seattle05 and gianni royale

fuckin' brilliant, sean. :lol:

I didn't realize there was a thread devoted to your transcontinental move.  I'll be sure to get the scoop on seattle from my stepbrother and post it here.  good luck, sea06!

bluebastard

• City Elder
  • No more Wilco
    • portfolio
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2005, 02:38:40 AM »

Having now lived in Seattle for 9+ months, I say you'll enjoy it even more once you're out here.  You don't need a car to get from one point in the city to the other (buses are just as fast from point A to point B as a car would be most of the time), you can hike, climb, ski, walk, etc. year round, and yes--the music scene is top notch out here.

I can tell you that this is the best winter in a long time (so I'm told, and the local stations out here continue to boast about it).  The past month or so, we've probably only had two days of rain (but there's already a drought declared and a burn ban because of it).  You won't miss anything about the midwest, and if you do, then go and spend some time in eastern Washington.  If you don't mind a couple of weeks of rain and gloom (trust me, it doesn't get any worse than midwest winters, except it doesn't get near as cold and it doesn't snow except in the mountains), then your sanity won't be tested.  

I can't tell you how easy it is to settle into life out here, though the job market is bare right now.  So be prepared to settle for a crummy job until something better comes along.  I've had to learn this the hard way, but even if you work at Starbuck's, you're guaranteed full health benefits and above average pay.

T

kcneon

• City Elder
    • Resurrection Neon
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2005, 09:45:14 AM »

Quote from: "bluewilco"

What--a post from blue?!?  Good to hear from ya, stranger.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up