Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: "I'm bound to pack it up"  (Read 6314 times)

SteelTown Boy

• Trust the DJ
  • City Elder
    • http://www.steelcityvideomix.com
"I'm bound to pack it up"
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2005, 10:08:07 AM »

that's one city i would love to live in,Seattle.
b]I like 99 Rappers,but Jay-Z ain't one-Sage Francis[/b]

i'm just a blog

postfeminist

• Tourist
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/rivkah_rut/
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2005, 11:41:08 AM »

seattle holds a strong attraction for me too.  my sister-in-law lives there, and she absolutely loves it.  i applied for a job at UW-Seattle, but haven't heard back from them yet, so i'm keeping my fingers crossed... :)

i think moving to seattle sounds like a great plan, and you sounds really thought out... kick ass. :)
i]should i, after teas and cakes and ices,
have the strength to force the moment to its crisis?[/i]

bluebastard

• City Elder
  • No more Wilco
    • portfolio
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2005, 12:33:50 PM »

If you are any type of liberal, then this is the place to be.  My girlfriend and I movedo ut here because the midwest just didn't have the opportunities we wanted.  Sure, we loved the small communities and the quaint countryside, but you get plenty of that here, with mountains, beaches and forests.

A couple we knew already lived out here, so adjusting wasn't too bad.  As it turns out, a couple of my friends from my hometown came out here as well (one goes to law school at UW--Postfem, UW is a fantastic school if a little crowded and a little preppy from time to time--another is in a band that is starting to break out by getting play on KEXP), so it only added to my friends circle.  The people here are really laid back, and other than being the worst drivers I've ever seen (worse than NC, worse than Ohio, worse than Indiana), I haven't found anything to complain about.

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2005, 08:06:21 PM »

bluewilco, you are a new friend. Feel free to unleash all the good and bad about the city. I'm trying to learn as much as possible beforehand. When I do move out there, I'll buy you a beer!!

As for work, that's good info to know. That's why I'm glad I'm taking nearly a year to move, so I have plenty of time to job-hunt. As for Starbucks, not only will I never step foot in one, I'll beg on the streets and offer hand-jobs for change before I'll ever work at a Starbucks!

You'll be hearing from me often in the future.

THANX!!!

JR
"If you're going to get a hooker, at least  get one a little older. They have more tricks." ~Advice from Mad Dog, my grandmother

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2006, 05:22:56 PM »

Quote from: "bluewilco"
other than being the worst drivers I've ever seen (worse than NC, worse than Ohio

I don't believe it. I can't believe it. I refuse to believe it.
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up