Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Has this ever happened to you?  (Read 841 times)

cuddlyevil

• sleepy, so sleepy
  • City Elder
Has this ever happened to you?
« on: February 21, 2005, 09:07:34 AM »

So Saturday night, we headed to the levee to see Constantine (it was surprisingly good--keanu didn't totally suck). We get there, buy the tickets, then queue up to get in the theater. Just before they open the doors, the manager dude hollers to have our ID's ready--they're checking them. This has never happened to me before, even when I looked like my Id should be checked.

When you buy your tickets from the automated machine, it tells you to have your ID handy. But I don't know if they check your ID when you go up to the ticket window.

Granted, there are mobs of unsupervised children running all over the levee--so it's probably a cya manuever for the theatre. It just took me by surprise, it has never happened to me before.

p.s. after seeing constantine, I'm glad they did check id's there was some heavy shit in it. oh and the sour altoids ad is awesome!
"Because I'm cuddly b*tch. Deal with it." ~ Marshall Erikson

Juliana

• City Elder
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2005, 09:14:42 AM »

Yes, a couple of times.  I forget now which movies they were, but it has happened, since I've been like 20 or so.  It was right after the whole Columbine thing, when they were really cracking down on that sort of thing.
We all agree that genocide, avalanches, and Family Circus are not funny
-Ed Helms

frizgolf

• City Elder
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2005, 09:51:17 AM »

Reminds me of the commercial where the 20ish convenience store clerk checked an ID for cigarettes on some 40ish blond girl. She was flattered. Granted, yours was a group ID check, but these days I'll take any ID check I get as a compliment.
What we learn after we know it all is what counts.

The Engineer

• I don't hate Dan anymore.
  • City Elder
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2005, 09:53:36 AM »

Um, if I go to an R movie or attempt to buy alcohol with a freshly shaven face, I get nailed for my ID every time.  The alcohol I understand... but really, do I still look under 18?
SC: I prefer they say "Who was that masked man?" after sex
TEng: I prefer they roll over and say "Hey, I never got your...  Where did he go?"
Pages: [1]   Go Up