Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone up for electronic music?  (Read 2205 times)

Doug

Anyone up for electronic music?
« on: March 09, 2005, 12:05:26 PM »

This is like an early birthday present for me...

At the Wexner Center on April 20th:

Start your evening at 7:30 pm with Moog, Hans Fjellestad's exciting new documentary film about the life and legacy of synthesizer pioneer Robert Moog, whose revolutionary instruments opened the pathways now explored by contemporary electronic musicians including M83 and Ulrich Schnauss.

Opening the concert will be Berlin's Ulrich Schnauss, whose most recent release, A Strangely Isolated Place, has been championed by computer-music cognoscenti for its epic and uplifting updates of glitch.

French duo M83's reputation spread rapidly over the Internet long before the belated domestic release of their acclaimed CD Dead Cities, Red Seas, and Lost Ghosts. Ambitious and accomplished in bringing a strong sense of human touch and the natural world into their majestic cinematic evocations of modern life, M83's My Bloody Valentine-meets-Boards of Canada sound has quickly set a new standard for electronic music today. Live, M83 emphasize the rhythmic propulsion that's somewhat understated on their recordings and bring to the fore their interest in guitar-based melodies to augment an array of keyboards and samples.

Details are here.

I'm absolutely going to this.  I really wanted to see Moog when it came out last year and missed it, so now I get to see a killer documentary on my favorite genre of music, but then I get to follow it up with two solid examples of said genre.

Anyone else here thinking about going?

Rafe

• Bit of a cunt
  • City Elder
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2005, 12:09:59 PM »

You lucky bastard.
Am Meer

Doug

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2005, 12:13:53 PM »

Hey, I'll take it where I can get it.  I envy you and your proximity to great music on a daily basis.  Maybe you should time a visit to coincide?  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up