Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203]   Go Down

Author Topic: Random music thoughts  (Read 145556 times)

daytime drinking

• City Elder
Re: Random music thoughts
« Reply #3030 on: October 09, 2014, 04:31:54 PM »

poach eggs, not elephants

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #3031 on: October 22, 2014, 12:18:11 PM »

anyone else going to the free We Were Promised Jetpacks/Twilight Sad show at Bogart's Thursday evening? I have no idea who is sponsoring this so as to make it a free show and/or how well attended this will be due to being a free show. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #3032 on: October 22, 2014, 02:21:35 PM »

I believe it is a save-face for the Woodward not being ready. Moved to Bogart's, free and now all ages. Very low chance of complaints, but you know it is the internet and all. I'm planning on being there.

PS: Los Straitjackets tonight!

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #3033 on: October 23, 2014, 06:16:04 PM »

from Bogart's:

Twilight Sad                 8:00 PM to 8:45 PM

We Were Promised Jetpacks   9:15 PM to 10:45 PM

See you there!
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #3034 on: October 24, 2014, 12:32:58 PM »

The amount of guitar/music instruction available on the web for cheap/free along with software and apps for your desktop/tablet/phone is just crazy.

I feel like someone can go from knowing nothing to be a pretty reasonable guitar player in 6 months.  And really, you can be playing songs in half that time.  The thing slowing you down is just it takes a while to get the coordination; they can't zap you coordination on the web.

I get better at guitar nowadays without even playing guitar.  I never really memorized the fretboard, so I the other day I kust googled something on the web and found a little flash fretboard trainer/game.  I dorked around with that for an hour.  Now I have the fretboard down cold.  It took me an hour to accomplish something I couldn't do in 30 years.

lutz

• City Elder
« Reply #3035 on: October 24, 2014, 07:38:58 PM »

Sitting here tapping my foot and bopping my head to U-fucking-2 on Later with Jools Holland. God dammit, cider.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #3036 on: October 28, 2014, 09:31:41 AM »

Liam Gallagher broke the news to his Twitter followers this weekend that Beady Eye has split up. 

The former Oasis lead vocalist didn’t give an explanation for the split. All we know is Gallagher wrote Oct. 25, “Beady Eye are no longer. Thanks for all your support. LGx” The tweet was posted on the musician’s personal Twitter page as opposed to the band’s account.

Beady Eye’s Twitter account hasn’t been too active this year. Its most recent tweets are from February, in which the band announced it had backed out of Coachella “for reasons beyond our control.” 

The English rock band was formed in 2009 following Oasis’ big breakup. Along with Gallagher, Beady Eye was guitarists Gem Archer and Andy Bell, and drummer Chris Sharrock – four out of the five members of Oasis’ final lineup. The fifth member is, of course, Liam’s brother Noel.

Beady Eye played its last show in Osaka, Japan, in March. The group put out two albums, including its most recent, 2013’s BE.

I absolutely LOVED their first album (had it as my No. 1 album of that year), and was incredibly disappointed/let down by their second album. Still a bit surprised they are pulling the plug on this. Oh well.

foolsgold

• City Elder
  • To the East...Blackward
    • Teabaggin'
« Reply #3037 on: October 28, 2014, 10:11:02 AM »

Cue British media firestorm of speculation and Gallagher Twitter war leading up to a 2016 reunion.  My hope is that the two never reunite and all previous members form their own Oasises in the vein of every 60's Motown act.  Shit, I'd pay top dollar to see OhAySis featuring Bonehead and Guigsy butcher Shakermaker at the Shropshire county fair.
Why there's all these ugly mans on my TV screen?  I wrap my head with foil so I don't catch them beams.
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203]   Go Up