Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm releasing a music app  (Read 262 times)

kcneon

• City Elder
    • Resurrection Neon
I'm releasing a music app
« on: November 05, 2016, 01:28:03 AM »

The launch is nearly here!  I've been working on a music game app and could use help from anyone interested.  SmashBrackets is a bootstrap effort and will be released for iOS only next month.  Most music apps are tap to the rhythm, identify a song quickly or trivia. I'm interested in getting people talking about music.  The idea is to fill out a sports bracket with songs and artists based on a theme, time period or mood and you can communicate with others on their picks as each round's results are revealed.  You can even try to predict which song/artist will get the most votes.

I'm starting to bring up my social media pages starting with twitter, https://twitter.com/SmashBrackets and you can get on a list to be notified of the launch date @ www.smashbrackets.com; a fb page to get feedback on themes and such will kick off around Thanksgiving.

How can you help?  (I'm glad you asked.  No, really, really glad you asked  :D )

1) Are you a tester? If you have an iPhone and are interested, send me a message here, email or fb.  I'll need a device ID which you can find on iTunes (will help you, but it's easy to find) and I'll send you a link.  We're a few weeks from submitting to the app store.  And we're working on defects and bugs.  I could use your honest feedback and it will make the product better.   :D  If you want to wait until we're debugged, stay in touch and I'll let you know when you can download from the store (free app, btw).

2) Interested in helping me come up with content?  Have a niche playlist (ska, reggae, power pop) or some other theme you'd like to contribute?  Have a friend who might like to contribute...send them my way!!  Other examples: Music from a particular region (Manchester, SoCal, Seattle), songs with wacky titles, duos...the list goes on and on.

3) I mentioned friends...I can use help getting the word out.  Know someone who blogs or tweets about music?

I know mobile games are not everyone's bag and my intention posting here is not as a self-promotion tool.  I simply wanted to tell you about my passion project and put it out there in case there are a couple folks interested in participating.  Thanks for reading!

trixi

• Sun Bum
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • My heart belongs to Ryne Sandberg
Re: I'm releasing a music app
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 12:31:46 PM »

That's fabulous KC! 
"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."

Nate

• Kevin Durant's baby mama.
  • City Elder
  • Best Album Never Made.
    • Randomville
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 09:53:42 PM »

I am so in K!
Each day you have a choice - hilarity or insanity.

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 07:49:39 AM »

Very happy for you KC.  I'm the one person left on earth without a smart phone, though, so I'm no help.  I really hope it works out for you.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 03:22:29 PM »

I'll help you beta test, if you need someone.

iPhone 6.  I'm on IOS 10.0.2, but I can update if that helps.   I've just been too lazy.

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
  • No, THIS is 41.
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 03:37:54 PM »

Yeah, I'm not on iOS, but good luck.

kcneon

• City Elder
    • Resurrection Neon
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2016, 10:59:22 PM »

Thank you, guys! 

Nate/ZK - I'll be in touch this week.  Very much appreciated!
Pages: [1]   Go Up