Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nashville Rawks  (Read 1124 times)

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
Nashville Rawks
« on: May 24, 2004, 11:38:54 PM »

I went down to Nashville to visit Infusion Broth (from the woxy boards) over the weekend. That place is a happenin' town! It's so much better than cincy, accept for the allergies. My sinus' went bonkers the whole time there, he said they're well known for that problem.

The night life is so much fun. Everyone we ran into was upbeat and partying. Printer's Alley was a blast, hit a cool karaoke bar there. IB tried to convince me to sing, but there was no way, those people singing were damn near pros. The streets are really clean, and people actually have spirit for their teams (U of Tenn, Titans, etc.), which is something you don't see up here.

We pretty much struck out with bands, even though we hit some of the best venues in the city. We actually caught some "Country Band" one night, and I was a little skeptical going in. But they actually had a good, rock sound to them. I'd consider them more of a Classic Rock band, with just a dash of Country in them. They did a version of Outkast's "Hey Ya" and turned the chorus into "Hey Ya'll", but it sounded really good. It was cool.

It was only a 4 hour trip from Cincy, I recommend going down there for a quick weekend away. It has the stereotype of being country and hillbilly and all, but there's a lot more to it than just that. I'm looking forward to going back.

Only downfall: A stripper kicked 2 drinks over onto my lap because I.B. didn't tip her fast enough and she thought he wasn't going to do it. It's a long story, but I ended up cussing out the manager pretty good. Stay away from Deja Vu if you go there. It's actually WORSE than the one in cincy!

JR
"If you're going to get a hooker, at least  get one a little older. They have more tricks." ~Advice from Mad Dog, my grandmother
Pages: [1]   Go Up