Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lunar's DaNoFiMo Progress  (Read 8055 times)

scurvygirl

• Fiery One
  • City Elder
    • Scurvytown
Lunar's DaNoFiMo Progress
« on: June 02, 2005, 12:16:02 AM »

Okay, so I'm 3K words into this June version of NaNoWriMo, er, DaNoFiMo as us Dayton nerds are calling it.

I just finished crappy-ass Chapter 13.  It's absolutely dreadful, but hey, it's done, and that's all I needed to happen so I could move on.

Tomorrow I start on Chapter 14, which I am very enthused about.  I am actually putting a tribute to SteelTown Boy in the novel.  I think he'd enjoy his character quite a bit.
Remember to always be yourself.  Unless you suck.~ My BIG DAMN hero, Joss Whedon

Bonne et heureuse semaine!

scurvygirl

• Fiery One
  • City Elder
    • Scurvytown
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2005, 11:07:34 PM »

Things are not going so well tonight.  I just cannot even focus on the story long enough to write more than a couple sentences every ten minutes.  This sucks.

If I can just get this chapter kickstarted... and get the core characters to meet up with my tribute characters, yeah, that would be good.
Remember to always be yourself.  Unless you suck.~ My BIG DAMN hero, Joss Whedon

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2005, 12:08:49 AM »

Quote from: "thelunarbee"
Things are not going so well tonight.  I just cannot even focus on the story long enough to write more than a couple sentences every ten minutes.  This sucks.

If I can just get this chapter kickstarted... and get the core characters to meet up with my tribute characters, yeah, that would be good.

Have them meet at Kylie concert.  Okay, a Kylie concert in space.  Or a Kylie concert being Hologram-ed to them from somewhere else at a bar.  Or something.

scurvygirl

• Fiery One
  • City Elder
    • Scurvytown
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2005, 12:27:26 AM »

Nope.  It's not going down like that at all.
Basically, my characters are going to have some much needed downtime on a resort planet.  STB's character is going to be the ruler of the planet, or at least of the city they visit.  And he's going to have a harem of girls who are all named Kylie.

And for the record, I've written about 50 words tonight.  I give up for now.  I'll hopefully have time at work tomorrow to get this chapter going, since my supervisor isn't showing up til after noon.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2005, 12:47:00 AM »

right, so they go looking for a little nookie and find a back-alley shady lookin spot.  After some dialogue, they get directed from that class A place to a class AAA place.  Something happens, and suddenly they get sent up to the big leagues, where they run into all the Kylie's.  Okay, I'm on crack and can only think of baseball.  Sorry 'bout that.

scurvygirl

• Fiery One
  • City Elder
    • Scurvytown
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2005, 07:07:59 AM »

Man, you suck at this.  That's not how it happens AT ALL.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2005, 01:10:31 PM »

:silly:

scurvygirl

• Fiery One
  • City Elder
    • Scurvytown
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2005, 03:17:46 PM »

Quote from: "mistergugi"
:silly:

See, now that's more like it!   :)

kcneon

• City Elder
    • Resurrection Neon
Re: Lunar's DaNoFiMo Progress
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2005, 05:39:21 PM »

Quote from: "thelunarbee"

Tomorrow I start on Chapter 14, which I am very enthused about.  I am actually putting a tribute to SteelTown Boy in the novel.  I think he'd enjoy his character quite a bit.

That's cool, Lunar...can't wait to read this.  I just didn't feel like writing on the first because of what all was going on.  I'm going to hit it over the weekend & let ya know how it's going.

scurvygirl

• Fiery One
  • City Elder
    • Scurvytown
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2005, 05:41:41 PM »

Progress = pfft!

So I'm going to Borders in a bit with my friend Renee to write.  Yeah.  That's never productive.  Real smart.  Smrt even.

scurvygirl

• Fiery One
  • City Elder
    • Scurvytown
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2005, 12:27:24 PM »

Update: me and Renee spent most of the time giggling about boys and stuff.  But I've got 4.2 handwritten pages and she wrote ELEVEN!  Hopefully, I'll finally finish Chapter 14 tonight now that I've got a nice, solid start to it.

scurvygirl

• Fiery One
  • City Elder
    • Scurvytown
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2005, 04:54:40 PM »

Well yesterday was the halfway point.  So I should have at least 25K words, right?  Yeah, well I've got 5000.  That sucks hardcore.

But I wrote about 500 words today at work, so that's something.  And I have a clearer idea of what's going on with my characters right now.  I think I sort of fell out of their world for awhile.  From not thinking and obsessing about the writing, I had forgotten too much.  But now everything at least seems to be falling back into place.

I still think I can meet my goal.  But I might just be that kind of naive.

Nate

• Kevin Durant's baby mama.
  • City Elder
  • Best Album Never Made.
    • Randomville
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2005, 05:07:45 PM »

What the crap?  'AmityJane???'
Each day you have a choice - hilarity or insanity.

scurvygirl

• Fiery One
  • City Elder
    • Scurvytown
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2005, 05:39:15 PM »

Quote from: "Nate"
What the crap?  'AmityJane???'

Freaked you out, eh?
Yep.  It's my pirate name!  I love this feature!  I get soooo sick of thelunarbee and her stupid Lunar Specials.

scurvygirl

• Fiery One
  • City Elder
    • Scurvytown
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2005, 06:21:56 PM »

Damn that Lunar anyways... she officially sucks.

I'll be extending my unofficial NaNo BS throughout July.  And then probably through August.  And so on.  And then the official NaNo will be in November and I'll be totally fucked by then.

Pages: [1]   Go Up