Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: Peterborough Utd. - Year 8 ('11-'12) - Hunter turns Hunted  (Read 13601 times)

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
Peterborough Utd. - Year 8 ('11-'12) - Hunter turns Hunted
« Reply #120 on: July 12, 2005, 08:09:09 AM »

Quote from: "Dan"
How did your injuries this year rate in comparison to other years?  And other clubs?  I know that they happen, but if you're going to do the Quadruple, it seems to me that you'll have to get lucky and keep players healthy or you're going to have to figure out a way to keep guys healthy.  Which makes me wonder if there is that possibility in the game.  Can you hire more physios?  Or does that do nothing?  As you said yourself, you don't have the depth...I guess what I'm asking is, with all that money, is there anything you can do?

You bring up a fine point, Dan.  I should probably add at least one or two more physios and see if that will help.  In comparison to other clubs, it seems that we weren't much worse off than anyone else.  I noticed in the FA Cup Final that Southampton had 6 players missing for various injuries.  And seeing 3-4 players on a team's injured list is not uncommon.  We averaged missing about 4 players per game due to injury, which is not outrageous.  It's more about avoiding injury to key players that is most important.  Our offense became utterly impotent without Cole to blow past the opposing back 4.  He has not typically been injury prone, so hopefully it is a trend that won't keep up next season.

The main thing I'm going to try to do is sign higher quality backups, especially defensively.  The problem with that is finding players of sufficient quality who will be happy not playing nearly every match.

1)  Your attendence was 20th/20.  I read that as you had the smallest attendence of anyone in the EPL.  Is this because Peterborough is such a small place?  Or has no fans?  Or such a small stadium?  Or no one likes you?  Or am I reading that wrong?

Correct, we had the smallest attendance in the EPL.  We have the smallest stadium in the EPL.  The stadium actually started out around 14,300 capacity, so we have expanded it over the years by about 5,000.  Every preseason, the board announces plans to renovate and expand the stadium, and every year it's kind of a surprise as to how much they will expand it.  And every year after the expansion is complete, I remind them that the stadium needs expansion so they'll do it again next year.  I just have to keep plugging away.  We should get over 20,000 capacity by this season.

2)  ARC is your reserve squad?  And MNC is your U-18 squad?  Just checking.

-ARS was supposed to be Arsenal and MNC was supposed to be Manchester City.  Sadly, the Premiership teams don't have easily recognizable 3 letter abbreviations like our teams do... it was my lazy attempt at abbreviation.

3)  What do Pas, Tck, and Drb mean?  I'd guess Pas is the % of successful passes made, but I could easily be wrong.

You are correct on PAS.  TCK is the number of tackles made, meaning sliding tackles to dispossess an opponent.  Defenders will have more, naturally.  And DRB is the number of dribbles a player makes during a game.  As you can see, Arenas almost never dribbled the ball at his feet, while our midfielders do it quite often.

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
Peterborough Utd. - Year 8 ('11-'12) - Hunter turns Hunted
« Reply #121 on: July 12, 2005, 11:06:51 AM »

Move on to Year 9 and beyond.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up