Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: "You Won't Believe What I Did Once...!"  (Read 6744 times)

cuddlyevil

• sleepy, so sleepy
  • City Elder
"You Won't Believe What I Did Once...!"
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2005, 03:18:41 PM »

Quote from: "Rafeyboy"
After initial concerns, my mates then started pissing themselves, mainly because two concentration camp-size CCTV cameras were staring silently down at me. For weeks afterward, I secretly dreaded seeing the footage being replayed on an episode of "Police, Camera, Action!".

They were probably too busy laughing too hard or running out of the room to get their mates to watch you to press "record". lol
"Because I'm cuddly b*tch. Deal with it." ~ Marshall Erikson

Cockney Rebel

• I don't have an accent. You do.
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • Art is impossible to define. Shitty art is not.
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2005, 03:32:59 PM »

Quote from: "bluelupis"
Wanted to be a garbage man as a youth because "they only work once a week"

This REALLY made me laugh out loud
Opulence. I has it.

Action Jim

• Part of the problem
  • City Elder
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2005, 06:34:34 PM »

Quote from: "Kwyjibo"
Even I peed in public that night.

Oh yeah. I whizzed in public recently.  On the veranda of a Catholic high school.  In the middle of the afternoon.  Four and Marlowe got quite a chuckle out of it.
size=10]"If God had wanted man to play soccer, He wouldn't have given us arms."

"The future's so bright, I -- I can't bear to look."  - This Modern World[/size]

Ella Minnow Pea

• Numbers Guru
  • Administrator
  • City Elder
  • Reference Desk
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2005, 06:48:36 PM »

Quote from: "clemsonfan"
I don't have one either. I had the flu that night.

I don't either. Maybe it's a gender thing?

I was in the mountain of NC in an extremely wellstocked cabin. If the world was ending, the owner (my friend's mom) was prepared. Of course, she always keeps her pantry well stocked; it wasn't specifically for Y2K. And she was still in Raleigh, so it wouldn't have done her any good.

We just chilled with our amaretto sours, playing card games, and watching movies.
also known as rcc94

vizzah

• Self-cleaning mutant
  • City Elder
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2005, 07:04:12 PM »

well, you see...DRUNK2K wasn't specifically on Y2K, either.  it was just some random night in the summer of 2000 and my fella's lease was up the next day, so he and his roommate decided to have a ridiculous party.  what was management gonna do - throw'em out the next day? they were moving anyway!  we even flyered that shit.  i think somewhere close to 150 people showed up.  even a midget.
In case of emergency, breakdance.

Buzzstein

• I have no title
  • City Elder
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2005, 10:03:04 PM »

midgets rock!
How the hell do I get back to Cincinnati??...Again!

Shlep

• Summer Resident
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2005, 12:34:59 AM »

1) During my junior or senior year in high school, me and two friends (Marc and Vinny) started wandering around town.  One of us got the bright idea to walk over to Marc's girlfriends' house for...beats me. It should be noted that said girlfriends' father was a former ROK Marine who'd fought in Vietnam (if you've heard anything of their exploits, you get the idea) and had vowed to kill Marc.  She also lived clear on the other side of town, a distance which would've taken almost half an hour to drive.  Nonetheless, undeterred by common sense, we start walking.  Got picked up and offered a ride by some guy Vinny knew.  Made it almost the entire way, the guy drove past some orange cones and found the reason why they were there: a large chuck on the road was pulled up.  The car zoomed in, bottomed out, and somehow managed to get out.

We completed the rest of the journey on foot, as it wasn't far now.  I think Vinny and I hung out and talked while Marc climbed in through a bedroom window, serruptitiously banged his girfriend, and left. We then wandered around town doing...I can't remember.  Holding shopping cart races in the empty parking lot of a shopping plaza with a Safeway in it.  Drank some beer we took with us.  Hung around until the first place to get food opened-- an Arby's-- and got breakfast.  I think we then walked home.  

2) Was riding in a car with Marc, another friend named John, and guy named Dave who was the sort of friend you sometimes make in high school: nobody liked him, but he had a drivers' license and a car.  Marc had a BB gun and was pointing it out the window to shoot at houses; Dave hit a bumped, the BB gun discharged, and Dave's window shattered.  Late at night we drove across town to find a junkyard to get a replacement window; why this made sense I don't know.  We had no tools to install it, and likely didn't know how anyway.  But Dave swore he couldn't go home and let his mom find his car with the window busted (why coming up with a plausible alibi, like vandalism, was never suggest I likewise don't know) and I had had the princely sum of about $70 in my pocket from my McDonald's job so we were on a quest.

We knew of two junkyards in town; one was closed, which made sense since I doubt few people go looking to strip derelict cars for parts legally at 10PM.  The next place we went to-- Penny's Auto Parts-- found Dave first nearly running the car aground in a ditch.  We then got it, couldn't see anyone working, and let ourselves in.  We were greeted by an astonished night watchman who expressed surprise at our ability to have gotten in and made our way into the office without getting rended apart by the Dobermans patrolling the grounds.

Can't remember how it ended; I think we all drove back and Dave tolkd his mom someone broke into the car.

3) Snuck into a local public pool which was pretty much in Marc's backyard a few times,  Mostly harmless fun,  but trespassing for kicks was an outlaw thing to in the 'burbs.   Went in fully-clothed once, pushed a mobile lifeguard chair into the pool after swimming a bit, and then Marc decided to do imitate Mary Poppins and jump off the highdive holding an open umbrella (one of the very big ones commonly found at outdoor tables like the ones at the pool).  We learned that using an umbrella had no perceptible impact on one's speed of descent.  We also found that an upside-down deck umbrella at the bottom of the deep end is immovable.

We then upped the ante by doing this in our skivvies, and then buck nekkid.

4) Me, Marc, and Dave's little brother Rick stole a Bobcat mini bulldozer from a construction site, drove it to a nearby soccer field, turned donuts and played with the scoop, then drove it all the way across the field through a split-rail fence and into the woods where we got stuck.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2005, 10:14:29 AM »

Quote from: "Shlep"
stole a Bobcat mini bulldozer from a construction site

I think this has always been one of my repressed dreams.  I've always wanted to steal construction equipment b/c they just leave them sitting there seemingly unprotected.

Doug

« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2005, 11:24:00 AM »

I have too many stories to distill into one post.  Needless to say, I'm all partied out and incredibly boring to be around anymore, but if you would have known me 10 years ago *shudder*.

berzerker

• I turn my camera on...
  • City Elder
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2005, 01:19:54 PM »

Quote from: "Cockney Rebel"
Quote from: "bluelupis"
Wanted to be a garbage man as a youth because "they only work once a week"

This REALLY made me laugh out loud

My brother really wanted to be a dentist, because they get Wednesdays off.
Then he found out that he'd have to go to school after college, and decided that it was too much work. He was about 6 at the time, mind you.
ny day now how's about
Getting out of this place, anyways,
Got a lot of spare time
Some of my youth
And all of my senses on overdrive

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2005, 01:56:25 PM »

I said something to my father as a little kid along the same pattern of "I want to be an architect."  My dad told me that I'd have to graduate high school (i was probably about 10), go do four more years of college, and then do another 3 years of grad school if I wanted to do that.  So he pointed out that to be an architect would require seven more years of school after high school.  
I decided against architecture then and there.

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2005, 02:34:29 PM »

I decided against being a meteorologist because I'd have to take calculus.

I ended up taking calculus anyway.
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

Megs79

• Lunchlady Arms
  • City Elder
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2005, 03:46:34 PM »

Quote from: "mistergugi"
I decided against architecture then and there.

And you went to planning school instead...  It's like that Seinfeld episode "the van buren boys:"

GEORGE: Steven Koren has the highest of aspirations. He wants to be (pauses for effect) an architect.
MR. WYCK: Is that right?
STEVEN: Actually, maybe I could set my sights a little bit higher.
GEORGE: (Laughs) Steven, nothing is higher than an architect.
STEVEN: I think I'd really like to be a city planner. Why limit myself to just one building, when I can design a whole city?
WYCK: Well, that's a good point.
GEORGE: (Mutters) No, it's not.
STEVEN: Well, isn't an architect just an art school drop-out with a tilty desk, and a big ruler?

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2005, 05:25:12 PM »

True true.  It was a minor point that I was hoping ya'll would overlook.  ;)

Ella Minnow Pea

• Numbers Guru
  • Administrator
  • City Elder
  • Reference Desk
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2005, 08:52:14 PM »

Quote from: "Jonathan"
I decided against being a meteorologist because I'd have to take calculus.

I ended up taking calculus anyway.

Did you want to the next Greg Fishel, so you could host the Brain Game?
also known as rcc94
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up