Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Another Ethan story  (Read 18539 times)

clemsonfan

• RN
  • City Elder
Re: Another Ethan story
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2007, 12:00:55 PM »

He says that Emma and Maurissa are the only girls on his to-do list.

I actually busted out laughing in the van last night when Ethan said this last night. I love his choice of words.
Well.......

clemsonfan

• RN
  • City Elder
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2007, 12:08:34 PM »

I am trying to clean the house this week and Alex wants to help me. So I started throwing a bunch of junk in a trash bag and he's following me around protesting every pitch.

"But I really need that paper towel roll! It's for the legos!"

"You can't throw that away! I might see something in those that I want to get you for Christmas!" (this in reference to a stack of old ads I was pitching)

"I can use that old ziploc bag for a project!"

After a while he had enough and yelled: "I'm going to write in my diary about this!"
Well.......

whigsgeek

• protector of small children and bunny rabbits
  • City Elder
  • Yes, it is I ...
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2007, 12:11:15 PM »

He says that Emma and Maurissa are the only girls on his to-do list.

Gold.
I gather speed from you fucking with me.

cuddlyevil

• sleepy, so sleepy
  • City Elder
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2007, 02:34:49 PM »

After a while he had enough and yelled: "I'm going to write in my diary about this!"

LOL, he's just full of great lines isn't he?
"Because I'm cuddly b*tch. Deal with it." ~ Marshall Erikson

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2007, 04:01:26 PM »

My personal favorite Ethan story was the time when he was trying to convince players on the opposing soccer team to stay away from the ball so that he wouldn't have to run the field.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

scurvygirl

• Fiery One
  • City Elder
    • Scurvytown
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2007, 10:19:23 PM »

Hehe my favorite was the cow takeaway story, but the to-do list had me laughing out loud.  That's hilarious.
Remember to always be yourself.  Unless you suck.~ My BIG DAMN hero, Joss Whedon

Bonne et heureuse semaine!

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2008, 11:51:04 AM »

A couple weeks back, Ethan got in his head that he was going to be in the school's talent show.  I sat through 2 hours of horrific Hannah Montana renditions last year to wait for Ethan's entire class to sing "God Bless America", so I wanted to discourage this as strongly as possible.

"What would your talent be?" we asked.

"Singing," Ethan decided.

We told him that no, he couldn't even be bothered to help his class with God Bless America last year, there's no way he would sing a whole song by himself this year.

OK, he would think of something else and get back to us.

A few hours later....

"I know what my talent is going to be!"
"What," we asked disapprovingly.

"Mime!"

I'm sorry, what?

"Mime, you know" and then he proceeds to do a rough interpretation of the I'm-trapped-in-a-box routine.

Now, far be it from me to tell my son he is well on his way to being beaten repeatedly in future grades.  I am not going to crush his dreams and hopes by way of making sure he's popular.  I want him to be happy, but in his own way, not in a way I tell him to be.  Mime, however....

"Show me your routine," I demand.  I watch intently as my wife stifles and then tries to recover from a hysterical laughing fit out of earshot.

He then proceeds to mime a little something that appeared to be a guy who sees his girlfriend from far off and was completely in love.  Or, it could have been a guy extremely happy to be having a heart attack.  He mimes this for about 10 seconds and that's it.

"Ethan, that's not bad.  But you have to come up with a whole routine that lasts a couple of minutes.  Can you do that?"

He vows to work on it.

The deadline for auditioning for the talent show comes and goes with not another word about it.

I have rarely been so relieved.

clemsonfan

• RN
  • City Elder
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2008, 11:56:27 AM »

Ethan really is starting to remind me of a young David Sedaris. Especially since he starting seeing the speech therapist at school from time to time.
Well.......

va-vacious

• City Elder
    • http://va-vacious.livejournal.com
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2008, 09:41:20 PM »

please, I need more Ethan stories!

Poncho

• ARRR! Booty Pirate
  • City Elder
    • Fark
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2008, 11:36:20 AM »

I like this kid's moxie.  Excellent!
Your head will collapse and there's nothing in it and you'll ask yourself 'where is my mind'??  - "Where is my Mind?" Pixies

rva

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2008, 12:41:52 PM »

Man, I don't even know how you guys raise kids.  By my calculations, it would take at least two more generations of stunted development and misery before the RVA family line can raise a normal person.  Even longer than that if you are not the youngest in the family or not the offspring of one.  Like take the talent show example.  This is how I would imagine it goes down:

My grandfather:  That is for lazy people.  Why can't you just concentrate on school?

My elder Uncles:  Miming?  um, hell no.  But I'll think of something for you to do that looks good on a college application.  You won't be good at it, and they'll laugh at you, but I don't want to hear you cry about it.  How do you think it makes me feel, knowing my offspring are a laughingstock?  I'm doing this for you.  These are the sacrifices we have to make to compensate for your uselessness.

My dad:  Okay.  But I'm sending you to mime school.  And you're going to mime for me half an hour every night, and you better be the best mimer in the class or I'm sending you to karate.  And I don't want to see your grades drop.

My sister:  Okay.  But you're going to mime school.  And I'm going to mime school with you to help you out.  It'll be fun.  YES.  IT. WILL. BE. FUN.

Me:  Sounds cool.  Do what you want.  Whatever.  You'll learn to mime or you won't.  If people laugh at you, well-- that's a life lesson for you.  What, mime school?  Sure, go find a good one or whatever and I'll pay for it.  Or don't.  I don't care.  If you want feedback on your performance, I'll tell you honestly.  So don't ask if you don't want to know (and my advice to you is not to ask).

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2008, 01:34:10 PM »

If you want feedback on your performance, I'll tell you honestly.  So don't ask if you don't want to know (and my advice to you is not to ask).
Hahahahaah.

My parents just would have said, "Do we have to pay any money for this?"
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2008, 02:47:04 PM »

RVA, I'm more convinced now than ever that we are related.
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

clemsonfan

• RN
  • City Elder
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2008, 02:55:13 PM »

Time for another installment of Ethan stories.

Last night was the 2nd grade Spring Program at Ethan's school. Everyone was all dressed up in their best attire. Here's a picture of Ethan in his classroom right before the program:

So, we get to the next to the last song and Ethan starts coughing. After the first cough, I didn't really think anything. But then he kept coughing. Gary and I looked at each other worried. The last song starts and Ethan coughed a little more. Uh-oh. Then he sits down on the risers. (He was in the middle row of the risers.) The next thing I know, Gary says "He's just threw up! Go up there now!" So up I go on the stage and the teachers sitting right next to the risers hadn't noticed it yet. I said "Ethan threw up!" The principal comes up and takes Ethan and a girl off the risers. Ethan threw up all over this girl.

It certainly wasn't a boring show.
Well.......

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2008, 02:56:47 PM »

Oh, Man. I'm sure he was DREADING going to school today. :(
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up