Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chronicles of Riddick  (Read 4752 times)

Doug

Chronicles of Riddick
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2004, 03:43:40 PM »

Agreed.  I don't know what it was, but I only liked about 20% of the movie...pretty much all the Riddick stuff.  The rest was just a re-hash of Aliens.

But then what do I know?  I liked Starship Troopers  :wink:

The Schnoo

• Summer Resident
    • http://www.randomville.com
Chronicles of Riddick
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2004, 01:20:04 AM »

Man.. Riddick is probably one of the best characters to exist in sci-fi in years and years.

This movie is fantastic, if you're a sci-fi geek or action geek, go see it.

The effects are incredible, they look almost photoreal at times.  I dunno, I'm not gonna get into some long, drawn out discussion about why the movie was good, it just is, great even, for a sci-fi epic.  I wanted to see more of the Toombs bounty hunter character, that was really my only nitpick with the film, otherwise, it's fantastic.  David Twohy proves himself as an epic director with this movie.

And just to be an asshole, you should know about Vin Diesel, he does action roles because he likes to do them, the truth is he's an incredibly well read fellow and a champion of the indie circuit, especially short films, he puts out a series of dvds with short films done by indie directors on them and quite a few have been discovered and moved on to bigger and better things.

-The Schnoo
ools, you will pay with your lives.

Doug

Chronicles of Riddick
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2004, 09:36:58 AM »

Quote from: "The Schnoo"
And just to be an asshole, you should know about Vin Diesel, he does action roles because he likes to do them, the truth is he's an incredibly well read fellow and a champion of the indie circuit, especially short films, he puts out a series of dvds with short films done by indie directors on them and quite a few have been discovered and moved on to bigger and better things.

Where's the asshole part?  I thought you were gonna' tell us something we might not like to hear.  I don't see people putting Vin down in this thread, so you're pretty much preaching to the converted.  I've liked the guy ever since I found out he played D&D for years.

mona

• Summer Resident
Chronicles of Riddick
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2004, 12:59:46 PM »

okay, granted- I did not see Pitch Black. so I didn't really "get" what was going on. but I still know enough about it to understand that this film should not have had a pg-13 rating. the fight scenes were so fast I had no idea what went on. I am told from people who actually know the story that they showed his eyes way too much. something I noticed was that he would always take his goggles off in this dramatic fit of rage that seemed unnecessary. there was some really ridiculous dialogue that left me confused (something along the lines of "its been a long time since i've smelled beautiful' wtf??)  and I'm not really Vin Diesels biggest fan.
I did enjoy making fun of the movie, and it had some nice effects (except for that lion-animal thing. that looked like ass)

but I'll stop being Miss Negativity. I didn't like it.
Oh well.
size=9]people kill me these days
there's keys in their eyes,
but they lock from the inside.

// jawbreaker[/size]

Buckeye

Chronicles of Riddick
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2004, 09:44:02 PM »

I loved "Pitch Black", and while "The Chronicles of Riddick" could have been better, it was still a good movie. I'm sure the Unrated DVD will be better, just like it was for "Pitch Black". Vin at least has a personality in his films and in his interviews. He's not a blabbering fool like Stallone or a primadonna like Steven Seagal.

Bluelupis

• Two spoonfuls in every bowl
  • City Elder
Chronicles of Riddick
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2004, 10:59:32 AM »

Saew it last night.  It should have been two parts.  It was cool.  Special effects nice, guns went POW! and people got beat up, cut up, and blood flowed.  Swell.  BUT there is/was so much potential in this flick.  If it is a Chronicle then there are more than one piece.  I just feel they could have made it more detailed and made two movies out of this.  IMO.

Doug

Chronicles of Riddick
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2004, 08:57:54 AM »

I caught this yesterday at the cheap theatre.  I liked it a lot.  I agree with bluelupis on how it could have been more detailed.  There was a lot of stuff going on with that whole "Underverse" thing that I would have liked to have seen.  What was up with those dudes with the lenses sniffing out people?  And that mind-probe thing on Riddick was kinda' cool as well.  I guess I would have liked to have seen more history on the Necros and their conquests, as well as some back story on Riddick's race.  My favorite part was the race on the prison planet.  Too fuckin' cool how they're being chased by a tidal wave of solid fire. :D

Doug

Chronicles of Riddick
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2005, 09:30:23 AM »

I just picked this up at the library yesterday.  I can't wait to check it out tonight.

Has anyone here seen it?  The animator from Aeon Flux did it.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
Chronicles of Riddick
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2005, 12:05:02 PM »

Nope, but I do own the COR DVD simply because I like the movie so much.  It's so badass, and I just love Alexa Davalos's Kyra character.  Wooo!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up