Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2005 NaNoWriMo  (Read 6093 times)

scurvygirl

• Fiery One
  • City Elder
    • Scurvytown
2005 NaNoWriMo
« on: September 18, 2005, 09:46:59 PM »

Oh yay for NaNoWriMo!

Yeah so it doesn't start til November.  And yeah you can't even sign up til October, but still, yay!

I'm extra excited because at my writer's group tonight, I finally figured out what I'm writing about.  Now I have over a month to plan the thing out so I can start writing!   Hopefully this year I can not simply achieve my word count goal, but actually finish my novel.

Finishing NaNoWriMo is thrilling, but when you're done and only have half a novel to show for it, well it's really difficult to finish it after that.  It makes it a bittersweet victory.

So, anyone else thinking about participating this year?

Folks who live in/near Dayton are gonna have a BLAST!  Our group meetings are the most fun ever and our municipal liason is already getting things set up for November.
Remember to always be yourself.  Unless you suck.~ My BIG DAMN hero, Joss Whedon

Bonne et heureuse semaine!

RedRigmaJacket

• Summer Resident
2005 NaNoWriMo
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2005, 09:55:15 PM »

but i just did it two months ago!
anished to Randomville.

scurvygirl

• Fiery One
  • City Elder
    • Scurvytown
2005 NaNoWriMo
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2005, 10:45:27 PM »

Haha yeah, but it wasn't "official."

Actually, once again I have to say congrats on that!  It's a truly great feeling.
Remember to always be yourself.  Unless you suck.~ My BIG DAMN hero, Joss Whedon

scurvygirl

• Fiery One
  • City Elder
    • Scurvytown
2005 NaNoWriMo
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2005, 10:20:49 PM »

Ahhhh, October 1st, the first day you can sign up on the NaNoWriMo website!

However, the site is currently down,  #-o , as they are probably still in the process of upgrading it for 2005's writing madness!  They better have cool t-shirts this year, damn it!  Last year's were terribly lame.

Of course, if you've already signed up, you don't have to sign up again.  I was just wanting to join in the inevitable "Day 1 of Sign-ups" explosion on their message boards.  Soon enough!

scurvygirl

• Fiery One
  • City Elder
    • Scurvytown
2005 NaNoWriMo
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2005, 05:57:28 PM »

Oh yay!  The NaNoWriMo site is now up and running.

So sign up if you haven't already.  And join me in spamming/trolling/flaming their forums.  Yeah!

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
2005 NaNoWriMo
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2005, 03:45:01 PM »

OK, I hesitate to say this out loud, because then there's the pressure, but I just came up with a pretty good idea (about two hours ago) , and I've got about as much free time now as I'll ever have in any November, so I guess I'll give this a shot.
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

scurvygirl

• Fiery One
  • City Elder
    • Scurvytown
2005 NaNoWriMo
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2005, 06:37:25 PM »

Yay!  NaNo NaNo NaNo NaNooooooo!

Yeah, I'm really excited!  C'mon 12:01!!!!!!!!!!11111elevenSHIFT!

\:D/

kcneon

• City Elder
    • Resurrection Neon
2005 NaNoWriMo
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2005, 12:16:16 AM »

Quote from: "Sarcastica"

I love your enthusiasm!

Best o' luck.

scurvygirl

• Fiery One
  • City Elder
    • Scurvytown
2005 NaNoWriMo
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2005, 12:29:43 AM »

Quote from: "kcneon"

I love your enthusiasm!

Best o' luck.

Thanks!  488 words so far.  My thoughts are coming in little bursts right now, just building up my character a bit.  I can't believe I started writing this in first person.  It makes me terribly nervous.  I'm so used to third person.

So I take a little poke at the internets, and then get back to the story.  I started off the writing by listening to "Peter and the Wolf."  That was cool!  And now back the novel!

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
2005 NaNoWriMo
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2005, 03:53:12 PM »

Thanks!  488 words so far.  My thoughts are coming in little bursts right now, just building up my character a bit.  I can't believe I started writing this in first person.  It makes me terribly nervous.  I'm so used to third person.

I love writing in first person! Maybe it's because I'm so self-centered. ;) But this story has two main characters, so it's third person for me this time.
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull
Pages: [1]   Go Up