Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Twilight Singers - 11/3/06 @ SGH  (Read 4132 times)

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
Twilight Singers - 11/3/06 @ SGH
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2006, 01:09:12 PM »

A friend of mine claims that Dulli yelled at him at one point for having his arms crossed.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2006, 01:32:10 PM »

Quote from: "whigsgeek"
He sat at the piano, told the crowd it was our fault they didn't come back for an encore b/c we didn't make enough noise after the band left the stage (and then playfully chided everyone for chanting "Bullshit" in front of his mama).

I refuse to clap for encores. I'm not anyone's monkey.
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

whigsgeek

• protector of small children and bunny rabbits
  • City Elder
  • Yes, it is I ...
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2006, 01:38:47 PM »

Quote from: "Kwyjibo"
A friend of mine claims that Dulli yelled at him at one point for having his arms crossed.

Greg's just jealous because he can no longer cross his arms over that big fat belly.
I gather speed from you fucking with me.

Doug

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2006, 01:46:57 PM »

Ha!

I read some bad shit about the show over on WOXY.  Now I understand what you meant when you said it wasn't that good of a show.

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2006, 02:05:35 PM »

Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

whigsgeek

• City Elder
  • Yes, it is I ...
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2006, 02:16:48 PM »

Here's what the band has to say about it.

Yeah, I read that on Saturday morning. It's funny that they don't address the late show start that Greg said was due to them getting "stuck on the bus and someone had to come and let us out." Whatever, diva. =;

This was the first time I've seen Mark Lanegan live. Is he typically so stoic and completely disengaged?

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2006, 02:33:15 PM »

5 minute encore break?  That seems a bit long, doesn't it?

whigsgeek

• City Elder
  • Yes, it is I ...
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2006, 02:54:33 PM »

Quote from: "Butter"
5 minute encore break?  That seems a bit long, doesn't it?

Scott (who usually does a great job of journaling the Twilight tours) in this case didn't effectively capture just how long it took Greg to get his ass back on stage. I saw Jeff Klein come back into the club from the bus because he came through the door right behind me, and it was a LONG FUCKIN' TIME between that moment and Dulli's return. Scott, Jeff, and Mikey were hanging out on the other side of the stage from us for a while -- at any time they could have stopped the roadies from breaking down the stage, but nobody did. It was a total clusterfuck.

Trixi probably has a better sense of this than I do because I was so pissed off, but I'm thinking it was a good 20 minutes if not longer between the time they left the stage and Dulli came back.

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2006, 02:57:42 PM »

What a bunch of douchebags.

All the bullshit rock n'roll clichés don't apply to us, not because we want to be difficult (although some may argue), but because we are a seasoned rock band of veteran musicians and we don't feel the need to pander to anyone. That's the way it is. There's nothing I hate more than going to see a band I love and watching them go through the motions and that's something you will never see from us. Trust me, if we ever got to that point we'd pack it in and call it a day.

Seems to me the lady doth protest too much.

So tonight, the exceptionally vocal and excited crowd suddenly became nonchalant and apathetic during the encore break. Honestly, we were surprised as we waited backstage taking the well-deserved five minute break that we rely upon before coming back out and tearing it up. So, we figured that the crowd was done and nobody (including you dear reader) likes to witness anyone else's sense of self-entitlement. So we went back to the bus. Show over, done deal.

Ah...blame the customer. Nice one. Especially when you're playing at home and the customers are most likely friends and family.

Like I said...douchebags.
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

Salad Days

• Tourist
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2006, 03:34:56 PM »

Here's what the band has to say about it.

Yeah, I read that on Saturday morning. It's funny that they don't address the late show start that Greg said was due to them getting "stuck on the bus and someone had to come and let us out." Whatever, diva. =;

This was the first time I've seen Mark Lanegan live. Is he typically so stoic and completely disengaged?

That sounds fishy, because earlier last week, also at the Southgate House, Frank Black started about 2 hours after the last act had ended because everyone except the drummer was locked on the tour bus while the driver was at Joe's Crab Shack

Also, even though it wouldve been a good oppurtunity to meet some of you for the first time, it sounds like I picked the right show to miss.
I'm from Seoul but I'm not a soldier

AngelV

• City Elder
    • http://www.dimpleandasmirk.com/
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2006, 11:50:34 AM »

Short answer: Yes.  I've seen Lanegan perform about over a dozen times between TS and his performing with Queens of the Stone Age. He typically walks out on stage, grabs the mic stand, sings and then leaves the stage. It's not so much that he's disengaged, but that he's pretty much focused on the song. His eyes are closed most of the time.
And I didn't stand there when you were bumming out over a particularly witty and insightful monologue by moi. So bust out your own violins and have a pity party with yourself." -- Greg Dulli
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up