Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Aeon Flux  (Read 3858 times)

scurvygirl

• Fiery One
  • City Elder
    • Scurvytown
Aeon Flux
« on: June 08, 2004, 09:33:21 PM »

Yet another installment of: They're making that into a movie!?

Aeon Flux

"Frances McDormand will co-star with Charlize Theron in Paramount Pictures' live-action feature-film adaptation MTV's animated Aeon Flux SF series, Variety reported. McDormand will portray the Handler."
Remember to always be yourself.  Unless you suck.~ My BIG DAMN hero, Joss Whedon

Bonne et heureuse semaine!

72valiant

• Citizen
Aeon Flux
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2004, 09:37:29 PM »

interesting.  i was way into this series when mtv was cool.  ooooh, charlize in that outfit - *sizzle*

rva

Aeon Flux
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2004, 09:50:24 PM »

I make a fancy-schmancy "imdb" button for y'all and STILL you insist on doing it the hard way.

scurvygirl

• Fiery One
  • City Elder
    • Scurvytown
Aeon Flux
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2004, 10:11:14 PM »

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that.  Um, so how does it work?
:ninja:  (pretend the ninja is ducking)
Remember to always be yourself.  Unless you suck.~ My BIG DAMN hero, Joss Whedon

rva

Aeon Flux
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2004, 11:24:09 PM »

Type in "Aeon Flux."  Highlight it.  The code will insert a link querying the IMDB database for the highlighted text.  

In this particular situation, you were probably right to do it the hard way.  Using the imdb button would have returned a page of search results including the movie and the show so you pasted a direct link.  

I just wanted to pimp out that button one more time.  oh, and [imdb]Stacy Keibler[/imdb] is hot.

Doug

Aeon Flux
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2004, 07:55:43 AM »

What the plot be?  I own the whole set of videos and I've watched them several times and I still can't figure out what the fuck is going on.  I just love the animation.  I think a live action version of it would totally suck.

The Engineer

• I don't hate Dan anymore.
  • City Elder
Aeon Flux
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2004, 09:01:58 AM »

Yeah, I think I am going to close my eyes and hope this one dies in production.
SC: I prefer they say "Who was that masked man?" after sex
TEng: I prefer they roll over and say "Hey, I never got your...  Where did he go?"

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
Aeon Flux
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2004, 09:16:27 AM »

I guess the one question I have is, why now? Seems a little (OK, a lot) late in the game for this.
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

Doug

Aeon Flux
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2004, 09:30:00 AM »

Because Hollywood has run out of original ideas and is journeying back in time through pop culture to canabalize those ideas.

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
Aeon Flux
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2004, 09:34:21 AM »

That's right. As someone who yells out "There are no more original ideas!" whenever I see a new movie trailer or TV show preview, I really should have known better.

Sorry, my brain's been fried the last couple of days...  :roll:
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

Doug

Aeon Flux
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2004, 09:57:02 AM »

I'll let it slide this time.  :wink:

rva

Aeon Flux
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2004, 11:44:04 AM »

So. . . does anyone dress up like Aeon Flux at cosplay conventions?  'cause you know. . .

Doug

Aeon Flux
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2004, 11:59:55 AM »

Looks like there's a few out there, so keep on dreamin buddy.

scurvygirl

• Fiery One
  • City Elder
    • Scurvytown
Aeon Flux
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2004, 12:01:59 PM »

Well, at least it wasn't one of those sad old men in a unitard.  Find a pic like that and I'll give you a dollar.

Doug

Aeon Flux
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2004, 12:53:13 PM »

I'm not doing a google search for "sad old man in a unitard", but I have this one on my harddrive...does it count?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up