Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Down

Author Topic: KoL: Your questions answered  (Read 58647 times)

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
Re: KoL: Your questions answered
« Reply #285 on: April 09, 2010, 12:27:43 PM »

Thanks. I found it now. I'm dumb that I didn't see that before.

Buzzstein

• I have no title
  • City Elder
« Reply #286 on: April 10, 2010, 05:57:36 PM »

I played for about three months last year then I became incredibly bored with it and stopped.
How the hell do I get back to Cincinnati??...Again!

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #287 on: April 12, 2010, 12:40:09 PM »

The Mystical Bookshelf page says:

"The bookshelf was implemented on January 3rd, 2008, as a way to limit the disadvantage that new players down the line would experience by missing out on powerful, limited-time-only spellbooks such as the Tome of Snowcone Summoning. Prior to its implementation, spellbooks granted their skills, automatically marked Hardcore Permanent, directly to players."

I'm confused - how does this help? I'm not sure what Hardcore Permanent is, but does this imply that I could eventually get a Tome of Snowcone Summoning? Or Whatnot?

ALSO

Is there any reasonable use for my McPhee's Grimoire of Hilarious Item Summoning? Gift items seem to be pretty worthless?

dirk

• City Elder
« Reply #288 on: April 12, 2010, 01:23:09 PM »

The bookshelf basically ties all of the books together.  In the past, each book would increase in MP separately.  So the first time you used a book skill, it would cost 1MP, then 2MP, 4 MP, etc.  You you could use each book skill you had once per day for 1 MP each.  With the bookshelf, each use of a book skill increases the total MP cost of all book skils.  So if you summon a snow cone, it costs 1MP.  Then you summon a candy heart, and that will cost you 2 MP (since you already used 1 book skill already).You basically have to pick and choose which book skills you want to use before the MP gets out of hand, where as before you could use each one until it got out of hand.

You can definitely still save up and buy and use the tomes if you want.  It basically just limits the amount you can summon things  a bit more if you have multiple book skills.  If you have a single book skill, it doesn't make any difference at all.
1+2+2+1
Gown removed carelessly. Head, less so. - Joss Whedon

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #289 on: April 12, 2010, 07:19:04 PM »

Ah, that makes sense. Yes, I have a Candy Heart one, but that's it. I couldn't figure how the bookshelf does anything... and that's why.

I do wish I had a Snowcone. Or at least I used to wish that.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #290 on: May 04, 2010, 10:46:31 AM »

When I ascended from being a Disco Bandit I chose Superhuman Cocktailcrafting as my Permanent Skill. I'm beginning to think this was a pretty worthless skill to keep (unless I'm going to be a Disco Bandit again).

My question - is there any way I can use this?

dirk

• City Elder
« Reply #291 on: May 04, 2010, 02:24:03 PM »

It is pretty useless unless you have already permed Advanced Cocktail Crafting.  It then allows you to summon 2 more items a day.  It does allow you access to the still, but that only works if you are an Accordion Thief, so it is of limited usefulness.
1+2+2+1

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #292 on: May 04, 2010, 11:44:51 PM »

Gotcha. I guess if I want that decision to be of any use I need to ascend... then go through the game again as a disco bandit and then ascend and make the the Advanced Cocktail Crafting Skill also permanent. Which seems like a lot of work.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #293 on: May 10, 2010, 03:08:54 PM »

Does anyone recommend a side to fight for in the Hippy/Frat War?

Poncho

• ARRR! Booty Pirate
  • City Elder
    • Fark
« Reply #294 on: June 05, 2010, 05:30:27 PM »

Sorry, I was away for quite some time.

Are you looking for speed or ease or drops in the war?
Your head will collapse and there's nothing in it and you'll ask yourself 'where is my mind'??  - "Where is my Mind?" Pixies

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #295 on: June 05, 2010, 11:22:00 PM »

Too late. I ended up fighting for the frat boys. Then I decided i would eliminate all the frat boys, too, so I fought for the hippies. So I did them both, although I (stupidly) took out the hippy camp in the end.

Now I'm just messing around I guess.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #296 on: June 14, 2010, 10:27:14 PM »

So I'm going to buy myself a Mr. Accessory in the mall. Is there a cycle in which the cheapest prices are... at their cheapest? I mean to say - if there's a monthly cycle, when is the best time to purchase it?

I'm not there yet - I only have 6.2 million, but it looks like I'll be focusing on generating that last million as my primary objective for the coming weeks.

dirk

• City Elder
« Reply #297 on: June 14, 2010, 11:27:33 PM »

Generally, they are a little cheaper in the middle of the month.  They usually go up at the end/beginning of the month when the new item of the month comes out.
1+2+2+1

Poncho

• ARRR! Booty Pirate
  • City Elder
    • Fark
« Reply #298 on: June 15, 2010, 10:11:23 AM »

Much like the stock market, the price tends to go up/down during the day, too.  You can listen to /trade and watch for it to dip.
Your head will collapse and there's nothing in it and you'll ask yourself 'where is my mind'??  - "Where is my Mind?" Pixies

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #299 on: July 02, 2010, 07:05:45 PM »

How does one make the Grim Grimacite Site adventurable? Poking around on the wiki implies (to me at least) that it is adventurable.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Up