Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22   Go Down

Author Topic: KoL: Your questions answered  (Read 54664 times)

Poncho

• ARRR! Booty Pirate
  • City Elder
    • Fark
Re: KoL: Your questions answered
« Reply #300 on: July 02, 2010, 09:02:40 PM »

I'm not seeing where you read that in the wiki... I just called it up (but I'm on my cell phone, so maybe I missed it) and don't see how you got that impression.

No, you can't.  It has been opened in the distant past (3+ years ago) but not now.
Your head will collapse and there's nothing in it and you'll ask yourself 'where is my mind'??  - "Where is my Mind?" Pixies

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #301 on: July 04, 2010, 09:21:09 AM »

Ahh, okay. I just went back and re-read the wiki and yeah it was only open for like a week or something. I missed that part.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #302 on: July 09, 2010, 02:03:27 PM »

Do you have any advice for adventuring in The Sea? Or the Sea Floor? I just got my Makeshift SCUBA gear but everytime I go down there I get my ass kicked. I'm level 19, so maybe I need to level up more? I use some modifiers and I do fine, of course, but I don't feel like I'm making any progress in getting that guy's boot back (what do I need to do?) or about opening up the rest of the sea floor. I don't remember what it was exactly, but I know there's some really valuable stuff I can get from the Marinara Trench (I'm a Sauceror) that I stumbled upon ages ago in the wiki. I'd like to explore all that before ascending, but I'm feeling kind of stuck.

So basically:
1) I'm getting my ass kicked. Is there a secret or something I'm not doing?
2) How do I progress the story? I know...find the boot. But how?
3) Should I be on the lookout for anything down there, or trying to accomplish anything specific?

EDIT: I just found the "Old Guy and the Ocean" wiki page. This always happens - ask for help AND THEN I find it on my own. I'm an idiot sometimes.

EDIT X2: Why is it that I can't collect any items? Erm, I mean, how do I fix this?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 02:23:59 PM by Dan »

Ella Minnow Pea

• Numbers Guru
  • Administrator
  • City Elder
  • Reference Desk
« Reply #303 on: July 09, 2010, 09:41:25 PM »

I haven't figured out The Sea yet, either, if it makes you feel any better.
also known as rcc94

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #304 on: July 12, 2010, 06:35:14 PM »

Yeah, that does make me feel better. I finally got one of the wriggling flytrap pellets, so I've opened up the Edgar Fitzsimmons, but I can't get any item drops in there. Even with all my "item drop" stats maxed out and a 13 lb Baby Gravy Fairy. Ugh. The dolphins keep stealing the few items I do get... is there something that I can do to fend off the dolphins, do you think? The wiki says I can buy a dolphin whistle for a sand dollar, which I could easily do now that I've opened Big Brothers' shop, but I can't even get a sand dollar...let alone 100 of them that I need for the quest or the 300 that some of the other items require.

Oh, and I bought a grouper groupie (named Avril Montana, which keeps making me laugh) so at least I don't have to deal with that bathysphere. But I'm thinking it's the pressure penalty and the mere fact that there are many drops in this section that's slowing us down. It's obviously supposed to be difficult... and so it is!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 07:15:11 PM by Dan »

Poncho

• ARRR! Booty Pirate
  • City Elder
    • Fark
« Reply #305 on: July 13, 2010, 11:24:57 AM »

The Sea is a mess.  You know as much as I do when you looked at the wiki.  I used the wiki 6 times during 6 runs to get those 6 undersea skills.

What I know:

Eat the best food you can for sea adventuring... Magical Jack LaLanne rolls  (seaweed + rice + beefy fish meat + dragonfish cavier + sea radish) for the highest number of adv with the "Fishy" effect which helps

Use the groupie grouper

Follow the basic details HERE

I'm useless for anything past finding grandpa, as that's the furthest I've ever gone.  Each class I found little brother, found big brother, found grandpa, got skill, left
Your head will collapse and there's nothing in it and you'll ask yourself 'where is my mind'??  - "Where is my Mind?" Pixies

dirk

• City Elder
« Reply #306 on: July 13, 2010, 04:28:54 PM »

I am about to head down once my stats get high enough.  I need to kill a trophyfish (for the trophy).  I have a feeling this is going to be a LONG process.
1+2+2+1
Gown removed carelessly. Head, less so. - Joss Whedon

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #307 on: August 05, 2010, 04:56:10 PM »

Are you Poncho The Sane in KOL? If so, you bought 13 green candy hearts from me yesterday.

You know, I'm willing to give those to you since you've helped me with so much. I know that sometimes you just want them right away, but just let me know, ya know?

Poncho

• ARRR! Booty Pirate
  • City Elder
    • Fark
« Reply #308 on: August 05, 2010, 07:00:09 PM »

I am.  It doesn't matter at all.  I was helping some people for Rafe and scripting turns.  It just bought them as part of the script.

I've got enough meat that I'm 100% good.  Thanks for the kind offer, though.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #309 on: August 06, 2010, 10:08:42 AM »

Well even though it was just your script, it was certainly refreshing to see someone's name that I recognize in the "recently activity" screen. So that was fun.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #310 on: September 18, 2010, 10:03:34 AM »

Update: I'm now level 23 and have been enjoying myself wasting time in the Sea. I've (obviously) got it figured out, but I'm thinking now I want to just go for the level 30 trophy before ascending. So my question is - what do you find is the best way to gain stats? Getting from 23 to 30 is going to take forever, so instead of messing around in the sea I figure I should be smarter about this.

I know - equip the familiar and as much equipment that helps as possible. Any other advice?

Also - I bought my Mr. Accessory. If you recommend anything that's uber useful let me know? Either in game or for meat-making purposes.

Poncho

• ARRR! Booty Pirate
  • City Elder
    • Fark
« Reply #311 on: September 18, 2010, 11:49:40 AM »

The absolute easiest way to go from low-20's to 30 in a couple of days is to clover.

Ballroom for Moxie
Gallery for Muscle
Bathroom for Myst

Not exactly cheap, but in 2010 it's about 100x cheaper than it was 3 or 4 years ago.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #312 on: September 18, 2010, 04:37:34 PM »

A couple of days? Yowza.

Sorry - but I don't know what that means. Can you give me a link or some keywords to use to search on the wiki? I'm looking now but can't seem to find it.  Also - I just bought my Mr. Accessory, so I'm back down to only 300,000 meat or so. Thus, I guess I can't do anything too expensive. The wiki kinda suggests a normal method is to simply keep mining the Sea.

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #313 on: April 08, 2012, 01:38:27 PM »

why do whenever i see trains (on tracks, sometimes they float in my dreams) they are mostly idle?  and what happens to the people aboard the train when said train is idle?  do they go to the early morning bar?  and if so, exactly where is the early morning bar?
poach eggs, not elephants

lutz

• City Elder
« Reply #314 on: April 08, 2012, 03:37:49 PM »

Jeff... I'd go with the 5lbs of volleyball... but in the valley it's really too close to call.  

When you get to the castle or the hole in the sky... a sombrero with +5 monster is WAY BETTER
I don't have a clue what you guys are talking about, but this cracked my shit up. I assume it's some sort of RPG..?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22   Go Up