Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Soccer news and rumours  (Read 10579 times)

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
Soccer news and rumours
« on: March 27, 2006, 01:12:27 PM »

Here's the first one...of interest to a few people on these boards.

Steve Cherundolo (Hannover 96 and USA) is rumored to be on the move this off-season...to the EPL and Bolton Wanderers. He apparently has a clause in his contract that allows him to move to a Premiership team for a fee of 2 million, provided that Hannover doesn't qualify for Europe. Which, at this point, they won't. But they are three points out of a UEFA Cup spot.

Article on SkySports.com
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
Soccer news and rumours
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 01:18:37 PM »

Still can't believe Sam Allardyce is under consideration for the England job.  His main skill of talent-acquisition on the cheap just doesn't match with managing a national team.

Rafe

• Bit of a cunt
  • City Elder
Soccer news and rumours
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 02:06:13 PM »

Bloody hell. That would be a bad move for "U, S, Ah!", in my opinion. That said, good luck to him, he's been ever such a loyal servant of sechsundneunzig. I really hope that they manage to sneak into a UEFA spot, however slim the chance. Honestly, they've come a long way over the past few years, much of the reason being down to players like Cherundolo, Lala and some greats no longer at the club.

As to Allardyce, I agree 100% with Bu'uh. He's not someone I would have any faith in as England manager. Nice bloke, but very defensive-minded and far from proven at the highest level. I'd like to see what Martin o'Neill would do in the position, but failing that I reckon that my mate Ron from The Saracen's head could probably do the job better than big Sam.
Am Meer

Marlowe

• foppish twit
  • City Elder
Soccer news and rumours
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 05:55:09 PM »

have you guys been to www.joga.com?

it's a socer afficionado website made jointly by google & nike. i haven't registered or anything, so i don't know how good/bad it is, but may be worth peeping out.

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
Soccer news and rumours
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2006, 10:25:57 PM »

I have a hard time believing a website where Eric "Kung-Fu Kick" Cantona is telling people that for too long liars and cheaters have been making a fool of the game. But that's just me.
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

Butter

• City Elder
Soccer news and rumours
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 09:45:48 AM »

Cockney Rebel

• I don't have an accent. You do.
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • Art is impossible to define. Shitty art is not.
Soccer news and rumours
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2006, 10:03:01 AM »

"The Beautiful Game", my arse....

I can assure you that the upcoming WC will feature exactly the same levels of prima donnas, the same levels of cheating, the same levels of totally inefficient (possibly even corrupt) officialdom, some on-pitch fisticuffs, the prerequisite drug and personal scandals, fighting amongst fans in the streets, police on horseback with batons, tear-gas, some piss-poor commentating, racist/homophobic/xenophobic chanting from the terraces, cock-stroking press releases from FIFA,  dodgy goalkeeping, bribery & gambling allegations, sublime skills from the Brazilians and so-so skills from every other nation....

but... importantly... that it will all keep us glued to one of the greatest sporting competitions in the fucking world!
Opulence. I has it.

Butter

• City Elder
Soccer news and rumours
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2006, 10:12:59 AM »

Quote from: "Cockney Rebel"
diving as though shot by sniper from the Brazilians

Fix'd this part.

Cockney Rebel

• I don't have an accent. You do.
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • Art is impossible to define. Shitty art is not.
Soccer news and rumours
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2006, 10:43:29 AM »

Quote from: "Butter"
Quote from: "Cockney Rebel"
diving as though shot by sniper from the Brazilians

Fix'd this part.

I bow to your infinite wisdom teeth

Opulence. I has it.

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
Soccer news and rumours
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2006, 11:27:56 AM »

Real Madrid has annouced their shortlist of prospective new coaches. Not surprisingly, they are all currently employed by other teams right now. Where I come from, that's called tampering. Twats.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/4853526.stm

In case you're keeping track, Sven-Goran Eriksson is now linked with Real Madrid, Chelsea and South Africa. More to come, I'm sure.

Megs79

• Lunchlady Arms
  • City Elder
Soccer news and rumours
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2006, 12:30:42 PM »

Quote from: "Jonathan"
I have a hard time believing a website where Eric "Kung-Fu Kick" Cantona is telling people that for too long liars and cheaters have been making a fool of the game. But that's just me.

I'm sick of that freakin commercial on FSC where he says the same thing.  It's on during every commercial break.  I'm pretty sure it's sponsored by Nike.

Butter

• City Elder
Soccer news and rumours
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2006, 12:33:50 PM »

In case you're keeping track, Sven-Goran Eriksson is now linked with Real Madrid, Chelsea and South Africa. More to come, I'm sure.

Chelsea?  What's up with that?  I thought Mourinho was appointed Supreme Ruler of Chelsea for Life.

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
Soccer news and rumours
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2006, 01:18:48 PM »

He is.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/4847186.stm

Now here's a domino rumor:

Super Aussie Guus Hiddink is leaving PSV and Australia at the end of the season. That much we know is true. He also has a new job, but only he, his agent and future employer know for sure and they ain't telling (the rumor is that it's coach of Russia, although the way he's refusing to say makes me wonder if it's because there's already a current occupant in the position, say England head coach?) But I digress.

So the rumour is: Hiddink to Russia or England, Spurs head man Martin Jol to PSV, which frees up the Tottenham manager's office for...

Bruce Arena.

Rafe

• Bit of a cunt
  • City Elder
Soccer news and rumours
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2006, 02:10:05 PM »

So the rumour is: Hiddink to Russia or England, Spurs head man Martin Jol to PSV, which frees up the Tottenham manager's office for...

Bruce Arena.

Fucking christ on a rusty blade, mate! You're full of bloody good news in this thread, aren't you? Jol to leave, only to be replaced by a man who looks like he's fresh out of Madame Tussaud's. I think my past must be catching up on me and punishing me for living the life of a bounder and rapscallion.

Woe.
Am Meer

Butter

• City Elder
Soccer news and rumours
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2006, 02:14:20 PM »

Quote from: "Rafe"
Jol to leave, only to be replaced by a man who looks like he's fresh out of Madame Tussaud's.

What do you mean "looks like"?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up