Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Soccer news and rumours  (Read 11519 times)

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
Soccer news and rumours
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2006, 03:08:51 PM »

Quote from: "Megs79"
I'm sick of that freakin commercial on FSC where he says the same thing.  It's on during every commercial break.  I'm pretty sure it's sponsored by Nike.

You are correct, mes amis.

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
Soccer news and rumours
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2006, 03:33:29 PM »

Quote from: "Rafe"
Fucking christ on a rusty blade, mate! You're full of bloody good news in this thread, aren't you? Jol to leave, only to be replaced by a man who looks like he's fresh out of Madame Tussaud's.

Yeah, but he's a heckuva coach.
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
Soccer news and rumours
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2006, 01:06:52 PM »

Gearing up for the World Cup--have you purchased your FooTooKit yet?
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
Soccer news and rumours
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2006, 02:34:37 PM »

No, but I damn well should. Italy, Czech Republic and Ghana, look out!
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
Soccer news and rumours
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2006, 11:39:40 AM »

It was announced that Super Aussie Guus Hiddink would be leaving the Socceroos after the World Cup to take the job of managing Russia's national team (thanks to an assist from one R Abramovich, London, SW1). That was announced earlier this month. But I heard from a well-connected source not to expect that to be a done deal. Next summer, Guus Hiddink will be on the sidelines...for Chelsea.

How? Well, the rumor went that Luiz Felipe Scolari would leave Portugal for the England job, freeing up the Portugal job for Jose Mourinho, since the Special One would have made the other nineteen teams in the Premiership look silly for two straight years, and it's starting to get a bit boring. Alternatively, Mourinho could accept the challenges of the post-Galacticos era at Real Madrid, but hopefully his past ties to Barcelona would keep him from accepting that job. At any rate, Mourinho's departure opens the door for Hiddink to leave PSV and Australia for Chelsea, Abramovich's other team.

BREAKING NEWS: The FA has offered the England coaching job to Big Phil. Stay tuned for more dominoes...

Rafe

• Bit of a cunt
  • City Elder
Soccer news and rumours
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2006, 05:43:14 PM »

Is it official, yet? If so, I'm not happy. What about Wenger or O'Neill? The FA are fuckwits extraordinaire.
Am Meer

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
Soccer news and rumours
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2006, 09:59:32 AM »

It's not official. They've just offered him the job, but honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if he waits until after the World Cup to accept it. He is busy with other things on his plate right now, after all.

rva

Soccer news and rumours
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2006, 03:56:19 PM »

oops.

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
Soccer news and rumours
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2006, 04:05:57 PM »

"I am committed to the Portuguese FA until the end of the World Cup and maybe longer," Scolari said.

"In the last few days when I was not even the manager of England my freedom was taken away from me and that is not the coaching I am used to.

"I don't want to be a part of it."

So this was good for Big Phil. He got a glimpse of what it entails to be England manager and decided it wasn't for him. Better for all concerned that he found that out sooner rather than later.

rva

Soccer news and rumours
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2006, 04:11:22 PM »

Yeah, nothing like a few death threats to help make a decision easy.

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
Soccer news and rumours
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2006, 04:13:45 PM »

The death threats came from Portugal. But "Scolari explained that he had been shocked by the English media intrusion over the last few days" according to the BBC.

rva

Soccer news and rumours
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2006, 04:26:03 PM »

The media intrusion thing just seems weird to me, though.  I mean, the guy coached Brazil.  How can the press scrutiny be any worse than what he's already gone through?

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
Soccer news and rumours
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2006, 04:39:48 PM »

I agree. I think it's a convenient excuse. Something tells me that he thought word of the offer wasn't going to leak out until after the World Cup (although how anyone thinks that the workings of Soho Square can remain private with the English press corps and their unnamed highly-placed sources about astounds me), and, now that the Portugese FA and fans know about it, he's forced to backtrack.

But, it's interesting to note that he didn't completely rule out coaching England. So it might not be over yet. We'll see.

rva

Soccer news and rumours
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2006, 04:51:35 PM »

I think it has to be over.  

It's just a messed up state of affairs-- from SGE leaving to the whole English manager or not controversy to Scolari.  And it's not good going into the World Cup.  Just hire Allerdyce, Curbishly or O'Neil (if they'll take it) and make the announcement.  If they suck as manager you can always fire them before the next campaign.

Cockney Rebel

• I don't have an accent. You do.
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • Art is impossible to define. Shitty art is not.
Soccer news and rumours
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2006, 01:23:08 PM »

Did I or did I not say that Wayne Rooney would somehow fuck himself up and not play a part in WC 2006.

Damfuckshitpissbollocks - not for him, for me.... How I wish I could've found a bookie to take that bet last fall!

SGE will have to include him in the squad though - how else is Owen going to get a chance of WR's gambling debt paid back otherwise?!
Opulence. I has it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up