Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Party Monster  (Read 1843 times)

bmxer43

• City Elder
Party Monster
« on: June 14, 2004, 09:39:58 AM »

Saw this one last night, and honestly, I'm not sure what I thought of it.  

For those who don't know, this film tells the true story of Michael Alig, who was at the forefront of the club/rave scene in the late-80's-mid-90's.  He had a bad heroin problem, and eventually killed his drug dealer by injecting drano into his veins.  Oddly enough, it's a story that's always kind of fascinated me.  I remember seeing him on some talk show with his entourage (called club kids) when I was a teenager (maybe it was Jenny Jones?) and found it really interesting that people dressed so strangely on a regular basis.  I remember wondering where on earth people would find such costumes (something I still wonder).

The movie however, spends way too much time showing people dressing weird and doing heroin and not enough attention on the murder.  I would've rathered time be spent on the murder and the trial instead an hour and a half of watching people do drugs while wearing chicken costumes.

I couldn't really say it was a bad movie.  It was well acted.  But I couldn't really say it was good either.  I don't quite know what to make of it.
earching for something forever gone.....something we will always want---robert smith

Doug

Party Monster
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2004, 09:47:16 AM »

I've wanted to see this for awhile.  A friend of mine told me it was hard to watch because she knew McCauley and Seth weren't gay.  Me, I've always seen McCauley as a little gay, so I guess I wouldn't have that problem.

postfeminist

• Tourist
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/rivkah_rut/
Party Monster
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2004, 08:41:31 PM »

bmx, no offense, but it was not well acted.  i'd say that i could have done better w/ sock puppets.

by the way, i love sock puppets.

on the other hand, this movie rules.  it's totally fun and campy and there is much hilarity.  DSM, the gaiety isn't an issue because they fake it so poorly that it's worth them being not gay or whatever. :)
i]should i, after teas and cakes and ices,
have the strength to force the moment to its crisis?[/i]
Pages: [1]   Go Up