Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CBS follows ABC and NBC's lead...  (Read 1470 times)

cuddlyevil

• sleepy, so sleepy
  • City Elder
CBS follows ABC and NBC's lead...
« on: May 17, 2006, 03:59:16 PM »

Without a trace moves to Sunday to make room for Spike Lee's show "The Shark" which will star James Woods.

So what will Lucy Lawless do now that they've cancelled their CBS Sunday Night Movie franchise? Seemed like she was in damn near all of the "scary" ones (Bats, etc.)
"Because I'm cuddly b*tch. Deal with it." ~ Marshall Erikson

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 04:32:08 PM »

[grumble]So they're killing Without a Trace off already?[/grumble]

I guess The Class has potential, if nothing else the potential flashback as comedic device that I assume they'll use should be interesting.

Jericho sounds like they're trying to get their hands on a Lost type show... yeah, good luck with that.

They should just change CBS to CSI and get it over with.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 05:53:20 PM »

Anthony LaPaglia was in the booth at halftime during the Champions League final today...maybe he's going to start a new career as a soccer broadcaster. ;)

I'll say this...I'm more interested in the new shows that CBS is putting out than anything that ABC has come up with, or NBC (with the exception of Sorkin's show). Yes, that might be down to the names, but if I hear that Ray Liotta or John Wells is involved with something, I'll at least give it a shot. And Jericho sounds like an interesting premise. I didn't think Lost at all when I read the description, but maybe that's just me.
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

Hell Toupee

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 12:16:14 AM »

This is how it pans out:

MONDAY
8:00-8:30 PM HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER (NT)
8:30-9:00 PM THE CLASS (N)
9:00-9:30 PM TWO AND A HALF MEN
9:30-10:00 PM THE NEW ADVENTURES OF OLD CHRISTINE
10:00-11:00 PM CSI: MIAMI

TUESDAY
8:00-9:00 PM NCIS
9:00-10:00 PM THE UNIT
10:00-11:00 PM SMITH (N)

WEDNESDAY
8:00-9:00 PM JERICHO (N)
9:00-10:00 PM CRIMINAL MINDS
10:00-11:00 PM CSI: NY

THURSDAY
8:00-9:00 PM SURVIVOR
9:00-10:00 PM CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION
10:00-11:00 PM SHARK (N)

FRIDAY
8:00-9:00 PM GHOST WHISPERER
9:00-10:00 PM CLOSE TO HOME
10:00-11:00 PM NUMB3RS

SATURDAY
8:00-9:00 PM CRIMETIME SATURDAY
9:00-10:00 PM CRIMETIME SATURDAY
10:00-11:00 PM 48 HOURS: MYSTERY

SUNDAY
7:00-8:00 PM 60 MINUTES
8:00-9:00 PM THE AMAZING RACE (NT)
9:00-10:00 PM COLD CASE (NT)
10:00-11:00 PM WITHOUT A TRACE (NT)

This doesn't affect my viewing habits that much for next season, other than the decision of watching Extreme Makeover:HE or The Amazing Race. I'll probably go with AR.

Poncho

• ARRR! Booty Pirate
  • City Elder
    • Fark
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 07:35:37 AM »

My DVR doesn't really care which day shows come on.  It's like magic... it records them and I watch them when I have time.

The only show I watch live (and by live I *actually* mean I start watching at 9:15, so that I ff through the commercials... yet still basically end at 10:00) is Lost.
Your head will collapse and there's nothing in it and you'll ask yourself 'where is my mind'??  - "Where is my Mind?" Pixies

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2006, 09:28:31 AM »

I don't think that there's ANY network TV shows I watch live anymore. If I'm watching TV in the evening, it's either (a) a sporting event, or (b) TV shows from earlier in the week that I'm catching up on.

I love having a DVR.
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2006, 11:03:18 AM »

Agreed, we watch absolutely nothing when it's actually on.  Not even Lost.  We usually watch something else while it's on or at the very least start it 20 minutes in so we can avoid commercials.

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2006, 11:28:19 AM »

I'm not entirely sure, but I think CSI jumped the shark in it's last 5 minutes or so last night.  When that kind of show focuses in too tight on personal stuff it just starts losing it's glow.

ER turned into a soap opera after about the first season and a half, I was amazed CSI has gone this long.  I'm amazed no more, they finally gave in.

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2006, 11:57:08 AM »

Quote from: "Kwyjibo"
I'm not entirely sure, but I think CSI jumped the shark in it's last 5 minutes or so last night.  When that kind of show focuses in too tight on personal stuff it just starts losing it's glow.

Exactly. I'm watching to see these people work. I don't really care about the backstory.

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2006, 01:26:05 PM »

Quote from: "Jonathan"
Exactly. I'm watching to see these people work. I don't really care who they're boinking.

fix'd
Pages: [1]   Go Up