Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ABC's 2006/07 line-up...  (Read 1530 times)

Hell Toupee

ABC's 2006/07 line-up...
« on: May 16, 2006, 11:13:21 PM »

SUNDAY: America's Funniest Home Videos; Extreme Makeover: Home Edition; Desperate Housewives; Brothers & Sisters

*** Grey's Anatomy moved to Thursday opposite CSI (can you say slow death? I knew you could).

MONDAY: Wife Swap; The Bachelor (fall)/Supernanny (midseason); What About Brian

*** Amazing waste of a night of TV.

TUESDAY: Dancing with the Stars (fall)/Set for the Rest of Your Life (midseason); Let's Rob...; Help Me Help You; Boston Legal

*** Set For The Rest Of Your Life - game show. Help Me Help You - Ted Danson 'comedy'. Let's Rob - that Mick Jagger hotel heist project.

WEDNESDAY: Dancing with the Stars (fall)/George Lopez and According to Jim (midseason); Lost (fall)/Day Break (midseason); The Nine

*** The big thing here is Lost, and the fact that they're splitting its season. IE, they'll air the first 7 episodes from Sept. thru November, then it won't come back until February (!), when it will run NON-STOP (no repeats or recaps) thru the end of the season. I think I actually like this idea. Day Break - ?. The Nine - A bank heist drama about the robbers and hostages in the bank. From what they tout it as... think 'Lost' in a bank.

THURSDAY: Big Day; Notes from the Underbelly; Grey's Anatomy; Six Degrees

*** Nothing noteworthy other than Grey.

FRIDAY: Betty the Ugly; Men in Trees; 20/20

*** Um, nothing noteworthy.

SATURDAY: ABC Saturday Night College Football

*** Yawn.

From what I can see... no Invasion, no Freddie! (YEAH!), no substance.

The Nine and Lets Rob Mick Jagger are the only two new ones that sound promising...

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
ABC's 2006/07 line-up...
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 08:33:53 AM »

Surprised they're actually scheduling College Football on Sat. nights now.  The Mrs. will be so pleased when Ohio State is on there about 4 times.

cuddlyevil

• sleepy, so sleepy
  • City Elder
ABC's 2006/07 line-up...
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 09:13:50 AM »

That's their schedule for next season?? My lord they're going down the tubes. I'm surprised they're trying so hard to kill off one of their strongest shows (grey's anatomy). Six degrees might not totally suck, it's a JJ Abrams project--but the idea has been used before.
"Because I'm cuddly b*tch. Deal with it." ~ Marshall Erikson

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
ABC's 2006/07 line-up...
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2006, 01:00:34 PM »

ABC sucks.

People will revolt at Lost being split up like that.  Of course these are the same people that bitch about reruns... it's the same difference really.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

Nate

• Kevin Durant's baby mama.
  • City Elder
  • Best Album Never Made.
    • Randomville
ABC's 2006/07 line-up...
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2006, 01:25:46 PM »

There's no reason to watch TV anymore.
Each day you have a choice - hilarity or insanity.

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
ABC's 2006/07 line-up...
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2006, 01:42:21 PM »

Quote from: "Nate"
There's no reason to watch network TV anymore.

Fixed.

I'd be noticing that for quite some time, my enjoyment of what's on network TV has gone down. I used to look forward to the announcements of each network's fall lineup and find stuff in each of them that I thought were interesting (except for CBS, which was always the "old people" network). But now it's not the same. There are a couple of nights were there's simply nothing I want to watch (or record) on network television. And ABC's lineup for 06-07 has been met, by me, with a resounding "eh".

Come on, Fox and CBS, show us what you got...
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

Juliana

• City Elder
ABC's 2006/07 line-up...
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2006, 01:51:31 PM »

They're doing Lost like Monk, which is......well, I don't know.

It makes it seem like there's less shows.  Of course, Monk's seasons are something like 16 episodes vs. the 22-ish for Lost....

Meh.
We all agree that genocide, avalanches, and Family Circus are not funny
-Ed Helms

Nate

• Kevin Durant's baby mama.
  • City Elder
  • Best Album Never Made.
    • Randomville
ABC's 2006/07 line-up...
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2006, 01:58:40 PM »

Do you honestly expect FOX to come up with anything great?  It'll be reality shows every night of the week and the Simpsons on Sundays.
Each day you have a choice - hilarity or insanity.

cuddlyevil

• sleepy, so sleepy
  • City Elder
ABC's 2006/07 line-up...
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2006, 02:03:12 PM »

Do you honestly expect FOX to come up with anything great?  It'll be reality shows every night of the week and the Simpsons on Sundays.

Don't forget the war at home and american dad!  #-o
"Because I'm cuddly b*tch. Deal with it." ~ Marshall Erikson

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
ABC's 2006/07 line-up...
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2006, 02:07:43 PM »

FOX has become the channel that cancels good shows.  Oliver Beane and Andy Richter Controls the Universe being prime examples.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up