Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 499 500 [501]   Go Down

Author Topic: Random Musings  (Read 414541 times)

euro60

• City Elder
Re: Random Musings
« Reply #7500 on: June 26, 2019, 10:47:58 PM »

great story ZK
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #7501 on: July 14, 2019, 03:20:34 PM »

My sister has this odd and annoying habit of adding y’s to everything.  She’s done it since she was a kid, largely because it annoys me.  So she will ask me where we want to “lunchity lunch.”  Or that she is going to sit on the “couchity couch.”  Sometimes she will stack them up like “Do you want to sit on the couchity couchity couch couch?”

She recently decorated her living room, so I had a master stroke. I bought her a Fiddle Leaf Fig.  Which is a nice present because they are super hip right now, and kind of expensive.  They are also impossible to take care of, so I’m sure hers will die but she’s not into plants anyway.  It’s just temporary decoration, really.  But see, the genius is the built-in pun.  When she says “My fiddily fig is dying”. I will just hear “My Fiddle leaf fig is dying.”

Unfortunately , it turns out that my sister actually looked up how to take care of a Fiddle Leaf Fig and found a good spot for it and mists it.  I still think it will die, because Fiddle Leaf Figs suck.  But it may take awhile.

In the meantime, she refers to her Fiddle Leaf Fig by the full name.  Which is way more annoying because now it’s a double and plus I wonder every time if she is saying fiddily fiddily fig or fiddily Fiddle Leaf fig. 

I also wonder if she is aware of the pun.  And then I wonder if she is aware that I too, am aware of the pun.  And then what keeps me up at night is wondering is she is aware that not only am I aware of the pun, but that I bought it for her for just that reason and she’s purposely annoying me.

She is visiting today.  I bought her a begonia.  Try doing something with that.

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #7502 on: July 15, 2019, 10:20:01 PM »

one of my favorite parts of infinite jest is the poster that m. pemulis is gifted that reads yes i'm paranoid.  but am i paranoid enough?

with the little one i always make objects rhyme and with a y.  like socky wockies, wammy jammies.  there's a song and dance number with the socky wockies originating in milwaukee.  when i first heard fiddle leaf fig, i was envisioning a reclining leaf chair.  not a fan of watering house plants.  i'd like to not need a six foot ladder to get a majority of them because fuckin cats 
poach eggs, not elephants
Pages: 1 ... 499 500 [501]   Go Up