Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 139   Go Down

Author Topic: I have a question...  (Read 211993 times)

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
Re: I have a question...
« Reply #2025 on: March 20, 2018, 02:29:41 PM »

On a hot summer day a few years ago I took a spill while riding my bike. Flew over the handle bars, landed on my shoulder, heard the muffled "pop!" of my collar bone breaking. I laid on my back on the sidewalk. Some kids in the park across the street laughed, then hollered, "Hey! You okay?" They asked again after I didn't reply. I lifted my hand, maybe giving them the thumbs up, I don't remember, to relieve their consciences, aka, get them to leave me alone if they weren't actually going to come over and check on me.

I was there for several minutes. It was a quiet back street. I tried to sit up, but the broken clavicle had other plans for me. I finally did sit up, then stayed that way for a while. Finally a car came by, and the driver stopped. She asked if I was okay. I had gathered myself together enough to tell her I broke something. She asked what she could do. Fortunately, I lived just a couple blocks away. I said I just needed some water, that I could walk home presently. The only water bottle she had had been sitting in the hot car, and was hot, as well. I said that was fine, I just needed some water in me. After a few minutes I got to my feet, then hobbled home.

When I think of that day, I always remember the nervous laughter of the kids in the park, as if helping someone in need is frightening. I also remember the kindness of the woman who stopped. I could tell she felt helpless. I thanked her then, but I don't know if she realizes how grateful I am.
I'm glad someone was able to help you. So scary.
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #2026 on: March 21, 2018, 09:33:27 PM »

so c, you're going to pick up this party kid whenever he makes questionable decisions? 
poach eggs, not elephants

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #2027 on: March 22, 2018, 08:24:17 AM »

so c, you're going to pick up this party kid whenever he makes questionable decisions?
Yep. That's the point of this topic. I've adopted someone!

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #2028 on: March 22, 2018, 11:10:18 AM »

Yep. That's the point of this topic. I've adopted someone!

So what's his name.

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #2029 on: March 22, 2018, 11:37:20 AM »

John. He's 26 and married. Likes going to Above & Beyond concerts, wearing leather pants, and taking Molly.

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #2030 on: March 22, 2018, 09:25:35 PM »

ahhh.  my auntie's a big sister too! 

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #2031 on: April 30, 2018, 08:56:44 PM »

years ago, when i first was making my yearly trips to visit la familia on the wisconsin shores of the michigan, my uncle said to me, i bet the first thing you did was check out the lake.  then he looked off into the distance.  not me anymore.  i've taken it for granted. 

so, if you lived amongst a splendid backdrop, would you take it for granted?  i probably would.  that's why it's for the best i live in one of the mediocre geographical states.  you search for things to get excited about and claim them as your own.  man, i hope the woods of northern wisconsin never lose their appeal to me cuz that's where uh aims ta 'tire somedays.  either that or gringo town 

notoriouspbake

• City Elder
« Reply #2032 on: April 30, 2018, 09:11:32 PM »

i definitely got acclimated to where i used to live (on a lake). life changed and now my view, is of the condo unit's parking lot. quite different. but, on with the new life; no sense looking back.

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #2033 on: April 30, 2018, 10:28:15 PM »

i definitely got acclimated to where i used to live (on a lake). life changed and now my view, is of the condo unit's parking lot. quite different. but, on with the new life; no sense looking back.

even though they aren't cool, i always thought apartment or condo complexes seemed more homey than they probably should be

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #2034 on: May 01, 2018, 01:35:36 AM »

I walk past the Governorís mansion everyday at lunch.  The Captol building is just some place I have to go sometimes for meetings.  Same thing when I worked in DC.  Used to walk by the White House for lunch and went to meetings at the capitol.  I lived in the Fan, which some would say is very picturesque with cool architecture.  I stopped noticing that stuff pretty quickly.

But nature never stops being cool to me.  Like my favorite thing about the Fan, and Georgetown was all the tiny front yard gardens.  I can still think block to block about either place and name all the gardens.  I canít remember what any of the houses look like.

I had a landscape designer help me with my gardens.  I had this list of plants I had in mind and there were a lot of evergreens and three season textural foliage plants.  She took almost all of them off the list.  I thought that was strange.  But then I figured out why she did it.  Plants that are evergreen just look the same year-round.  Itís boring.  Itís much more fun to see empty branches in the fall, and then things leading out in spring, and turning pretty colors in the fall.  Thatís some Piet Oudolf level shizz.

So I think that anything having to do with nature doesnít get boring to me.  If I had a lake Iíd watch it freeze in the winter, then thaw in the spring and the flowers bloom and all the toads come out.  Then in the summer all the turtles. The leaves in the fall. I would think about how I would use a crank bait in the spring and top water in the summer.  Lots of stuff like that.  Itís always changing and that makes the time go by slower.

I would probably start to take it for granted a little, because thatís just human nature.  But I donít think I would ever find it not cool or not pay attention.  Iíd be wanting to see if my favorite goose came back this year or if that little maple tree sapling made it through the winter or if the leaves will be as pretty as they were two years ago.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #2035 on: May 01, 2018, 02:22:50 PM »

I try to look at the buildings every so often and go "wow, this place is amazing." But often I'm just annoyed at the subway or the crowds or something else. I've been protective of my sense of wonder and appreciation as much as I could be, and I think I've done a pretty good job.

I have a view of the Brooklyn Bridge from my office. It's still pretty cool.

notoriouspbake

• City Elder
« Reply #2036 on: May 01, 2018, 10:01:39 PM »

So I think that anything having to do with nature doesnít get boring to me.  If I had a lake Iíd watch it freeze in the winter, then thaw in the spring and the flowers bloom and all the toads come out.  Then in the summer all the turtles. The leaves in the fall. I would think about how I would use a crank bait in the spring and top water in the summer.  Lots of stuff like that.  Itís always changing and that makes the time go by slower.

I would probably start to take it for granted a little, because thatís just human nature.  But I donít think I would ever find it not cool or not pay attention.  Iíd be wanting to see if my favorite goose came back this year or if that little maple tree sapling made it through the winter or if the leaves will be as pretty as they were two years ago.

had a swan always show up and nest in the same patch of cattails. wonder what that pair is up to? could always see turtles poking their heads up. had a green frog across from the house. boat rides were never boring. but that was another life for me. hope to get back on a lake on occasion. i'll appreciate it more now.

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #2037 on: May 03, 2018, 09:30:35 PM »

I walk past the Governorís mansion everyday at lunch.  The Captol building is just some place I have to go sometimes for meetings.  Same thing when I worked in DC.  Used to walk by the White House for lunch and went to meetings at the capitol.  I lived in the Fan, which some would say is very picturesque with cool architecture.  I stopped noticing that stuff pretty quickly.

But nature never stops being cool to me.  Like my favorite thing about the Fan, and Georgetown was all the tiny front yard gardens.  I can still think block to block about either place and name all the gardens.  I canít remember what any of the houses look like.

I had a landscape designer help me with my gardens.  I had this list of plants I had in mind and there were a lot of evergreens and three season textural foliage plants.  She took almost all of them off the list.  I thought that was strange.  But then I figured out why she did it.  Plants that are evergreen just look the same year-round.  Itís boring.  Itís much more fun to see empty branches in the fall, and then things leading out in spring, and turning pretty colors in the fall.  Thatís some Piet Oudolf level shizz.

i think i would catch myself often to appreciate it.  still dig my neighborhood immensely so there's that

don't ever let no one tell you evergreens are a bad idea.  accept in my neck.  they really have a tough time here 

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #2038 on: June 23, 2018, 03:20:18 PM »

how often do you shave?  i hate shaving.  often times i acquire a beard with very little effort.  i'd rather be clean shaven but it's apparently not that big a deal.  i gave up on my back.  it seems determined to grow i ain't gonna stop it.  for some reason i found it uncouth but i'll never forgot that man like twelve years ago on the whitewater river.  i could never have that much back hair.  even if i tried

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #2039 on: June 25, 2018, 11:55:22 AM »

I only shave my face/neck. It's every day that I go to work. Rarely on the weekends, unless there's a special occasion.
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 139   Go Up