Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 139   Go Down

Author Topic: I have a question...  (Read 189838 times)

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
I have a question...
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2006, 09:44:17 PM »

Alright, I have two more (serious) questions.

1) I saw a car the other day that I did not recognize but did not spend too much time investigating.  I did notice that the front lapel thingy on the hood (hood ornament? whatever) had two wings surrounding a "B."  Anyone know what this might have been?  The windows were tinted so dark that I could not see if there was even anyone in it...so I felt like it was some mafia car.  It also reminded me of a car out of Grand Theft Auto III, which helped the mafia idea.

2) Anyone ever play/use/know of 'Magic: The Gathering' cards?  I have a bunch here from my high school days that I would like to sell.  I spent some time pricing them on www.blackborder.com - a sort of search engine for online Magic merchants.  After taking the low price on each card, and then eliminating any card worth less than $0.95, they still came to value about $800.  Soooooo....any suggestions on the best way to sell these?  I don't sell on ebay much - if that's really the best idea, then does anyone have any do's and dont's?  I guess I'd like to get at least $500 for them (they are, after all, lovingly used and not mint).  Help?

Rafe

• Bit of a cunt
  • City Elder
I have a question...
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2006, 09:51:37 PM »

The car is a Bentley - very posh.
Am Meer

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
I have a question...
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2006, 10:58:41 PM »

Quote from: "Rafe"

You mean...very Butter?

Cockney Rebel

• I don't have an accent. You do.
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • Art is impossible to define. Shitty art is not.
I have a question...
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2006, 11:29:19 PM »

Quote from: "Dan"

You mean...very Butter?

No, very Foolsgold
Opulence. I has it.

berzerker

• I turn my camera on...
  • City Elder
I have a question...
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2006, 09:28:41 AM »

Quote from: "Doug"
May as well be.  The last good use I got out of one of my business cards was when I got a popcorn hull stuck between my teeth  and I extricated it with the edge of the card.

You should get a business card that says Hulls Extricator.
ny day now how's about
Getting out of this place, anyways,
Got a lot of spare time
Some of my youth
And all of my senses on overdrive

berzerker

• I turn my camera on...
  • City Elder
I have a question...
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2006, 09:30:54 AM »

May as well be.  The last good use I got out of one of my business cards was when I got a popcorn hull stuck between my teeth  and I extricated it with the edge of the card.

ny day now how's about
Got a lot of spare time
Some of my youth

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
I have a question...
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2006, 11:04:28 AM »

Quote from: "berzerker"

It's funny because 'hull' is plural.

It's also funny because you posted it twice.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

berzerker

• I turn my camera on...
  • City Elder
I have a question...
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2006, 11:30:28 AM »

Quote from: "Kwyjibo"
Quote from: "berzerker"

It's funny because 'hull' is plural.

It's also funny because you posted it twice.

We's all abouts the plurals.
ny day now how's about
Got a lot of spare time
Some of my youth

snakelady

• Infrequent Visitor
  • City Elder
I have a question...
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2006, 09:06:01 PM »

Adam Dunn drives a Bentley with dark tinted windows.
The snake stood up for evil in the Garden.  - Robert Frost

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
I have a question...
« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2006, 09:55:39 PM »

I have a question, and I apologize ahead of time for the less-than-highbrow content: I rent my apartment.  My toilet is one of the weakest toilet's I've ever had. It flushes slowly, it refills extremely slowly, and has trouble getting even the smaller dumps to properly disappear. The super is not exactly stellar, and I know if I were to call him he would take one look at it, tell me it works fine, and walk out. What can I do about making a more industrial-strength flush?

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
I have a question...
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2006, 10:48:51 PM »

Ask Kramer.
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

Bronzetree

• Punching Bag
  • City Elder
I have a question...
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2006, 12:11:13 AM »

I have a question, and I apologize ahead of time for the less-than-highbrow content: I rent my apartment.  My toilet is one of the weakest toilet's I've ever had. It flushes slowly, it refills extremely slowly, and has trouble getting even the smaller dumps to properly disappear. The super is not exactly stellar, and I know if I were to call him he would take one look at it, tell me it works fine, and walk out. What can I do about making a more industrial-strength flush?

Dunno, but when you figure it out, lemme know. I have a similar issue with both toilets in my house.

rva

I have a question...
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2006, 01:01:10 AM »

Get yourself some drano, or better yet a snake to see if something is semi-clogging the flow.  You can also adjust the tank level a bit, which probably won't be enough.

Other than that, there's not much you can do.  You'd have to replace the bowl and more likely the pipes to get better pressure and there's no sense in doing that in a rental.

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
I have a question...
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2006, 09:47:09 AM »

Besides that slow pipes are a staple of living in apartments with crappy supers.  The bottleneck most likely isn't in your apartment anyway, most likely it's further down the line.  Keep hounding the super, deal with it, do what rva said, or move... those are pretty much your options.

Scott.... do you have a problem with your tub draining slowly?  If not try the drano/snake thing that RVA mentioned, if you don't want to buy one you can rent one I think.  If the tub drains slow or backs up you might need to call Roto Router and have them snake out the drain line that runs out to the sewage line.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
I have a question...
« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2006, 09:51:48 AM »

I have a question, and I apologize ahead of time for the less-than-highbrow content: something about toilets and water pressure.

Frankly, if you can't come up with a question that's super-highbrow to combat this, I shall have to place you upon my ignore list.  I will not have this board sullied with this kind of toilet talk.  You can take that trash to the Fark boards.  Here, I expect nothing less than the most high-class talk regarding the nascent subjects of the day.  Now, perhaps you might like to rephrase or ask something that better suits my most delicate of sensibilities.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 139   Go Up