Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: LOST - Season Three  (Read 14027 times)

Poncho

• ARRR! Booty Pirate
  • City Elder
    • Fark
LOST - Season Three
« Reply #90 on: February 23, 2007, 08:43:22 AM »

Me and missus poncho are still watching.  Not worried about the new characters, not worried about losing the plot line.  Going strong.  It obviously is frustrating sometimes... to see that black screen, hear the thump and see the white LOST letters appear at the end of the show, but it works for us.
Your head will collapse and there's nothing in it and you'll ask yourself 'where is my mind'??  - "Where is my Mind?" Pixies

Doug

LOST - Season Three
« Reply #91 on: February 23, 2007, 09:01:40 AM »

Quote from: "Cockney Rebel"
20 million viewers down to 12 million.....

My god, that's IT!!! ....the secret of the show encapsulated.... "Lost" is an allegory for a Reds season!

Dude, that was from last week.  I think Valentines Day had a lot to do with it.  I'd be curious to see the "numbers" this week.

Quote from: "Poncho the Sane"
Me and missus poncho are still watching.  Not worried about the new characters, not worried about losing the plot line.  Going strong.  It obviously is frustrating sometimes... to see that black screen, hear the thump and see the white LOST letters appear at the end of the show, but it works for us.

Yup...that's the only frustration I feel.  Well, that and when I overshoot it and have to rewind a little when I'm fast forwarding past the commercials on Tivo.

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
LOST - Season Three
« Reply #92 on: February 23, 2007, 09:24:53 AM »

I'm starting to lose interest in the show too.
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

Megs79

• Lunchlady Arms
  • City Elder
LOST - Season Three
« Reply #93 on: February 23, 2007, 09:48:35 AM »

not me, we still watch it faithfully.  the past couple episodes have been really good.

Doug

LOST - Season Three
« Reply #94 on: February 23, 2007, 10:15:57 AM »

Quote from: "MissKitty"
I'm starting to lose interest in the show too.

That's too bad.  Sometimes I get the feeling that I'm some kind of dullard because I don't get the subtle nuances that people are looking for to stay interested in this show.  To me, it's great TV and it's really entertaining.  it's a good story with likeable and equally unlikeable characters.  it's got a bit of a sci-fi edge to it and it deals with a lot of human condition type topics.  This is what keeps me interested and involved.  I'm not so much into the granular analysis that people put the show through.  i think that might be why some long time fans are becoming "discouraged".  They put the thing under a microscope and sometimes their inspections don't pan out.  Personally, I don't care if all the questions raised are answered or if all the plot holes get filled.  But, like I said, I'm probably a dullard.

Cockney Rebel

• I don't have an accent. You do.
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • Art is impossible to define. Shitty art is not.
LOST - Season Three
« Reply #95 on: February 23, 2007, 10:24:15 AM »

MK thought the branding on Juliet's back was a pot leaf
Opulence. I has it.

Juliana

• City Elder
LOST - Season Three
« Reply #96 on: March 01, 2007, 07:27:35 AM »

Good Hurley episode last night.  No big answers, but no big questions posed either.  Just a sweet little joy-ride around the island.

The four of them and Vincent sitting in that car doing donuts in the jungle was ...I don't know, just so nice.  They did need a distraction.  I think the writers thought we needed one too.

It's about damn time they got Russau involved in this stuff, btw.
We all agree that genocide, avalanches, and Family Circus are not funny
-Ed Helms

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
LOST - Season Three
« Reply #97 on: March 30, 2007, 08:49:28 AM »

Man, I finally got caught up on all of the new episodes and I couldn't wait to hop on this thread to see what y'all have been discussing for the last 4-5 weeks.

BOO.

Are you still watching? Or are most of you like me and just have most of the episodes waiting for you on TiVo?
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

Doug

LOST - Season Three
« Reply #98 on: March 30, 2007, 09:39:54 AM »

If I talk about it, I usually do it over at WOXY.  But, I mostly don't discuss it anymore.  I've gotten to the point int the show where I'm sick of analyzing it and trying to solve it's mysteries.  I like to hear about character connections and easter eggs, but I really don't have any opinion as to what's happening to them./  I'm just happy to sit back and enjoy the ride rather than question it.

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
LOST - Season Three
« Reply #99 on: March 30, 2007, 01:43:04 PM »

Same here, but I've been that way for a while now. I normally avoid the WOXY discussion because there were always too many spoilers and such.

I missed half of the episode where they found the dude with the eye patch. I'm assuming Sawyer lost the ping-pong challenge?

This week's episode...
At first, I didn't really like it. But, then I thought more and more about how they went back and went through the trouble of re-creating old scenes to "show us" that Paulo and What's Her Name were there all along and that made me really happy. Again, it seems like the are picking up on what the viewers are discussing and then building it into the show. Or not. Either way, it makes me giggle. Plus, MOTHERFUNKINGBILLYDEE!!!!!! Woohoo!
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

Poncho

• ARRR! Booty Pirate
  • City Elder
    • Fark
LOST - Season Three
« Reply #100 on: March 30, 2007, 02:17:02 PM »

Mrs. Poncho and I are still watching.  We're like Doug... we're just enjoying the show instead of trying to do a pulse-check on every nuance.
Your head will collapse and there's nothing in it and you'll ask yourself 'where is my mind'??  - "Where is my Mind?" Pixies

scurvygirl

• Fiery One
  • City Elder
    • Scurvytown
LOST - Season Three
« Reply #101 on: March 31, 2007, 10:26:04 AM »

Owen and I still watch it.  I really liked last week's episode a lot.  It was a nice look at the way the other people on the plane other than Jack, Sawyer, Kate, etc... survived on the island and how they were so consumed with their own issues they didn't give a crap about all their drama.  Seeing Artz again was pretty funny, too.  Oh, and the fact that they discovered certain stuff on the island before Locke did... Oh also I was like, ummmm is that LANDO? And Owen was like, yup!  And I giggled.
Remember to always be yourself.  Unless you suck.~ My BIG DAMN hero, Joss Whedon

Bonne et heureuse semaine!

Juliana

• City Elder
LOST - Season Three
« Reply #102 on: April 01, 2007, 09:26:38 AM »

I liked the episode too.   It was a "waste" in terms of storyline, and island mythology, but it was good to see somebody else on the island too.  That ending.  Holy Shit was that a surprise.  I felt bad at first, but then I remembered that they kind of deserved it, so I felt better.
We all agree that genocide, avalanches, and Family Circus are not funny
-Ed Helms

Ella Minnow Pea

• Numbers Guru
  • Administrator
  • City Elder
  • Reference Desk
LOST - Season Three
« Reply #103 on: April 01, 2007, 02:05:49 PM »

I'm watching, too, but not immediately like I used to. I finally watched the episode last night. The ending was definitely an oh, no moment, but then I was reminded of a couple of lines from the show (which could be red herrings). "Nothing stays buried" and "We could bring you back next season." Something to ponder.
also known as rcc94

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
LOST - Season Three
« Reply #104 on: April 12, 2007, 08:33:18 AM »

Wow... last night's episode put us right back on track.  I thought that ending made the most sense but I didn't really think they were going to do it.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up