Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Your Fantasy "Magnificent Seven"  (Read 1456 times)

Rafe

• Bit of a cunt
  • City Elder
Your Fantasy "Magnificent Seven"
« on: August 20, 2006, 04:23:14 PM »

Pub talk with the lads, again.

A couple of weeks ago, I went out on the shant with a few of my mates. it was a good night as usual, and towards the end of it we started to talk about movies and this particular question came up:

If you were Yul Brynner, which six people would you recruit to join your own seven in protecting a group of working class mexican farmers, and why?

I came up with this lot:

2. Harriet Tubman - Useful at getting people out of a mess in a hurry
3. Kevin Shields - His aural sixgun would lacerate the eardrums of any budding Eli Wallach
4. Muhammed Ali - Floats like a butterfly, stings like a bee. A rope-a-doperly rocking good guy to have on your team
5. Tony Slattery - Erstwhile english comedian, looks a bit like Robert Vaughn. Probably a coward just like Vaughn's character in the film, but can improvise well, and is not afraid of saying the word "cunt" on live tv. Behind the cowardice lies a brave soul. good in a gunfight.
6. Kate Bush - Someone for me to have dinner with during those long nights waiting for our adopted village to be invaded. Maybe she'd give us all an accapella version of "Babooshka" to lift our spirits, to boot.
7. Liam Gallagher - Gun fodder
Am Meer

Mr Pink

• missing in action
  • City Elder
  • aggressively lazy
    • MySpace
[size=9]Forza Azzurri![/size]

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 11:55:10 AM »

2. Richard Dean Anderson - His skills with chewing gum and dental floss are unparalleled.
3. Jason Statham - Athletic, and a bit mental. He looks mental, at any rate, and perception is reality. But he also seems dependable and reliable.
4. Terry Venables - Noted escape artist, can blag his way in and out of trouble. Because he's such a wheeler-dealer, though, you run the risk that he could always switch sides.
5. Rasheed Wallace - Certified nutter. Always useful to have around.
6. Bernard Hopkins - His nickname is "The Executioner." Need I go on?
7. Liam Gallagher - Gun fodder
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

whigsgeek

• protector of small children and bunny rabbits
  • City Elder
  • Yes, it is I ...
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 12:32:03 PM »

2. General Wes Clark = Commanded the U.S. troops into and out of Kosovo without a U.S. casualty.

3. Ruben Blades = In addition to his starring roles in The Milagro Beanfield War (about Hispanic farmers) and Once Upon a Time in Mexico, he also campaigned to be the president of Panama. And he's a helluva musician.

4. Emiliano Zapata = Protector of Mexican landowners and their freedom

5. Emeril Lagasse = To make sure we're well fed

6. Sammy Hagar = To make our tequila and lead the nightly campfire sing-a-longs; doubles as our token nutter

7. John Locke (Terry O'Quinn) = I'll take Locke over MacGyver anyday! Also, O'Quinn is an accomplished musician.
I gather speed from you fucking with me.

foolsgold

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 01:35:05 PM »

2. My buddy Gary - he grew up and survived in the Jersey City ghetto, can pick a lock and sweet talk the ladies.  Plus, he can wear tweed and white shoes and not look like a total dick.

3. My grandpa Stine - handy with a gun, has killed before so there won't be any qualms about that and he was tough as a coffin nail (lifted weights through his 80's and was a police force boxing champion.)

4. C-Lando - Because she speaks Spanish, knows Mexico and probably would look smoking in a poncho.

5. Mr. Pink - because we'd be face to face then and he could give me a copy of that Pharaohe Monch CD.  ;)

6. Tracy Pew - Already has the appropriate attire, handy swinging blunt instruments, usually tweaking on speed on strongly that he'd be immune to any pain and could fight for hours.

7. Clifford the Big Red Dog - Imagine you're a part of a filthy, bandit invading force and you see 40 foot red dog standing at the mouth of a town.  You'd stop, if for just a second, wondering a myriad of thoughts: Is the dog real?  Is it some high tech Trojan horse?  Can the wag of his tail wipe out a third of my army?  Either way, while you're trying to figure out what to do next, me and the rest of my force sneak up behind you and wipe you out.  Winner = Us.  Loser = You.  Sorry pal, that's what happens when you try to take down a fictional, ridiculously large red canine.

Mr Pink

• missing in action
  • City Elder
  • aggressively lazy
    • MySpace
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2006, 08:15:49 AM »

Quote from: "foolsgold"
5. Mr. Pink - because we'd be face to face then and he could give me a copy of that Pharaohe Monch CD.  ;)

one of these days i'll get my shit together  #-o
[size=9]Forza Azzurri![/size]

Misfitt

• Summer Resident
  • AKA: MallaLubba
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2006, 09:43:55 PM »

1) Andre the Giant--intimidation factor
2) Katherine Hepburn--a different type of intimidation
3) Wilbur and 4) Orville Wright--for their mechanical cleverness
5) A random soccer hooligan
6) Annie Oakley--sharpshooter
Always do whatever is next.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2006, 09:56:27 PM »

Hey Sushi!
My problem is that I've never seen the Magnificent Seven.  Ummm...but guessing from your responses I can probably come up with six other tough guys if I wanted to.  However, I think I'm just going to scoot the Magnificent Seven up near the top of my "need to see" list instead.

rva

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2006, 12:18:43 AM »

I've been mulling this over pretty hard the last few days, but haven't gotten very far.  So far I have this:

1)  The person who may or may not be Marvin Gaye that says "solid" at the beginning of "What's Going On?" -  He just says it so cool and badass like that you just know he'd be tough to kill.   Plus he'd just calm everyone down. "Crap, there's bullets everywhere!  What are the chances we get out of this?!?"  "Solid."  "aw cool. I'm good."  "Yeah man, solid."

2)  Macgyver - Duct tape masta.

3)  Liam Gallagher - Gun fodder.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2006, 12:57:59 PM »

Yeah, I've gotten as far as
1) MacGyver - see above.
2) Val Kilmer's Doc Holiday - I want to hear him say "I'll be your huckleberry" all the time.  Plus, he's pretty good with a gun.

Rafe

• Bit of a cunt
  • City Elder
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2006, 07:35:57 PM »

Quote from: "Sushi"
5) A random soccer hooligan

May I suggest my old mate from school, Rabbit? He was insane.

After I left school, he went on to become a member of the hooligan fraternity at a club over here called Queen's Park Rangers. The highlight of his life was being caught on tv "doing" a couple of fans at a QPR v. Watford/Luton Town/Cambridge Utd (I'm not really certain anymore) game so theatrically, that he asked his mum to video the replay on the late-night version of the local news. From the police cells.

Good choice as gun fodder, Sushi.
Am Meer

SFG

• Citizen
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2006, 07:48:02 PM »

2.  Glenn Danzig-You know somebody's going to get punched in the face, it might as well be him.  And i'll feel taller.
3.  John Rawls-Some people seem to think he can do no wrong.  Those some people are not me.
4.  Michel Foucault-You know, so that rawls gets what's coming.
5.  World B. Free- Someone is going to have to grab rebounds.
6.  Dorothy Parker-I'd imagine she'd always have cigarettes.
7.  Jim Lehrer- Dude was a marine.  And he'll moderate the shit out of you.
've got the radio on...

Rafe

• Bit of a cunt
  • City Elder
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2006, 08:00:35 PM »

Quote from: "SFG"
2.  Glenn Danzig-You know somebody's going to get punched in the face, it might as well be him.  And i'll feel taller.

I envisage Chuck Biscuits, dressed up as Eli Wallach, kicking the living shit out of that misfit with one hand, and saving the kids of the village with the other.

Good choice. You'd like my local pub, I think.
Am Meer

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2006, 09:47:06 PM »

7.  Jim Lehrer- Dude was a marine.

I had no idea.
And he'll moderate the shit out of you.

You damn right.
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

SFG

• Citizen
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2006, 10:40:59 PM »

Quote from: "Jonathan"
7.  Jim Lehrer- Dude was a marine.

I had no idea.
And he'll moderate the shit out of you.

You damn right.

Yeah, i was watching the Shields and Brooks section of the Newshour and Jim and Mark started talking about being in the marines.  i had no idea either.

dude is a freaking badass.
've got the radio on...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up