Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Craptastic Summer Series on Fox and the WB  (Read 1604 times)

Megs79

• Lunchlady Arms
  • City Elder
Craptastic Summer Series on Fox and the WB
« on: June 22, 2004, 01:48:34 PM »

Anybody watch either North Shore on Fox or Summerland on the WB?  I had to choose between the two last night, and ended up watching NS.  

I guess because I missed the first few episodes, I had a little trouble following, but The OC it's not.  I want my hour back.  They're supposed to be at a hotel in Hawaii, but there are suspiciously no Hawaiians to be seen...  There was no humor in the writing, and the plots are lame.  The young manager guy apparently still has a crush on his old flame, who is now his coworker.  She made a big mistake and rented a room at the hotel to some kids, and they got all boozy and needed an ambulance, and he saved her by not ratting her out to the owner (she'd have been fired, so he said that HE rented out the room).  The woman that played crazy Aunt Hailey on the OC is now playing a "hooker with a heart of gold" type as the concierge who gave fake info to get the job and cover up her felon past.  She has a way with the guests though....

Any word on Summerland? It got panned on televisionwithoutpity, so I don't have high hopes for it.  Aunt Becky from Full House playing the hip aunt who takes in her dead sister's kids?  She's too old for that part.

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
Re: Craptastic Summer Series on Fox and the WB
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2004, 02:08:03 PM »

Quote from: "Megs79"
Any word on Summerland? It got panned on televisionwithoutpity, so I don't have high hopes for it.  Aunt Becky from Full House playing the hip aunt who takes in her dead sister's kids?

Not to mention...where has she been the last ten years? I just kinda figured she was one of those people who gave up on acting.
She's too old for that part.

Right...maybe they would have been better off giving it to Candace Cameron. It's depressing to think that she's now old enough to play somebody's hip aunt on TV. And since it doesn't look like her husband's going to be drawing a paycheck for the forseeable future, maybe she should go out there and earn some bread.

(by the way, I haven't seen either North Shore or Summerland)
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

cuddlyevil

• sleepy, so sleepy
  • City Elder
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2004, 04:30:13 PM »

The five minutes I watched of summerland made me not want to watch it again. The surfer dude made out with the girl the nephew has a crush on and all of a sudden the whole house is up in arms...it made me groan "You had to have her too???"
"Because I'm cuddly b*tch. Deal with it." ~ Marshall Erikson

Marlowe

• foppish twit
  • City Elder
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2004, 06:23:19 PM »

North Shore is fun summer confection. I likes it.

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2004, 08:41:41 AM »

I tried to watch Andy Richter's new show on Fox called Quintuplets.  I made it through about a minute and a half until the kids showed up, then I had to turn it.  It was so so awful.

Atzend

• Fuzzywhizzletweets
  • City Elder
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2004, 01:52:47 PM »

Quote from: "Butter"
I tried to watch Andy Richter's new show on Fox called Quintuplets.  I made it through about a minute and a half until the kids showed up, then I had to turn it.  It was so so awful.

I caught about the first 5 minutes and had to turn it.  It was soooo bad.  The formulaic children were too much for me...the hot girl, the hot guy, the small nerdy guy, the goth girl, and the weird borderline psychotic boy...were a far stretch for siblings.  Plus the bad acting and poor script didn't help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up