Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: ACC College Football  (Read 5922 times)

clemsonfan

• RN
  • City Elder
ACC College Football
« on: September 05, 2006, 08:29:10 AM »

I'm glad that my Tigers didn't embarass me on Saturday. Next up Boston College. I'm seriously thinking about buying gamplan for that day so I can watch it.
Well.......

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
ACC College Football
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 08:32:12 AM »

Meanwhile, Florida State and Miami with a typically lackluster opener to the ACC season.  Miami had MAYBE 10 yards in the 2nd half, and I'm not exaggerating.  They more than deserved to lose.  Hopefully, this will mark a return to mediocrity for the Canes.  Bowden's 'Noles are already there.

clemsonfan

• RN
  • City Elder
ACC College Football
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 08:34:14 AM »

Dare I say it? Could that possibly mean that Clemson has a chance to go to the ACC title game?
Well.......

Butter

• City Elder
ACC College Football
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 08:37:08 AM »

I don't know.  Depends on if they can overcome Tommy "I can't coach the big game" Bowden's bad gameplanning.  Seems like every game he busts out a trick play that loses them 15 yards and momentum.  This weekend will tell a big part of the story, but they should beat Boston College.

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
ACC College Football
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 09:10:59 AM »

I think this is the first time in recorded history someone as used the phrase "ACC College Football" and "woot!" within ten seconds of each other.
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

clemsonfan

• RN
  • City Elder
ACC College Football
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2006, 07:52:38 AM »

Yay!!!

For the first time since 1989, Clemson beat FSU in Tallahassee!

That game was incredible!
Well.......

clemsonfan

• RN
  • City Elder
ACC College Football
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2006, 08:04:52 AM »

The quarterback from Byrnes High School is committed to going to Clemson next year. If you haven't ever heard of Byrnes High School football, they are nothing short of awesome. They beat a Cincy high school yesterday in the Kirk Herbstreit Challenge.

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060917/PREPSPORTS/609170323/1002/SPORTS
Well.......

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
ACC College Football
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2006, 11:07:10 AM »

Quote from: "clemsonfan"
the Kirk Herbstreit Challenge

For some reason, I find the existence of this to be hilarious. It sounds like it should be some third-rate ESPN game show airing between "Stump the Schwab" and "Quite Frankly with Stephen A. Smith".
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

clemsonfan

• RN
  • City Elder
ACC College Football
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2006, 11:54:57 AM »

Yeah, it sounds really dorky.
Well.......

Butter

• City Elder
ACC College Football
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2006, 08:14:29 AM »

In other news, the bottom 5 of the ACC: Maryland, NC State, Duke, UNC, and Georgia Tech continue to look awful while the top 6 actually look pretty good.  And Wake is 3-0 but hasn't played anybody.

Megs79

• Lunchlady Arms
  • City Elder
ACC College Football
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2006, 10:03:09 AM »

Speaking of Clemson football, I heard an interview with one of the players on NPR who is 19 and the legal guardian of his 11 year old brother.  He's been granted a waiver by the NCAA to be able to accept money to take care of his brother- he's setting up a trust fund.  http://news.nwpr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=6062926

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
ACC College Football
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2006, 10:42:53 AM »

Quote from: "Butter"
In other news, the bottom 5 of the ACC: Maryland, NC State, Duke, UNC, and Georgia Tech continue to look awful while the top 6 actually look pretty good.  And Wake is 3-0 but hasn't played anybody.

State is so bad. And I have to hear all the morons whine on the radio about them, anyway.

But nobody's talking about firing the coach, oh no. Even though he's been suffering from below-expectations the entire time he's been here. Meanwhile Herb Sendek takes the basketball team to five straight NCAA appearances and they run him out of town on a rail.

State fans piss me off sometime. They're all a bunch of morons.

:ninja: Pretend the ninja is conveniently forgetting he was a State fan all throughtout childhood.

clemsonfan

• RN
  • City Elder
ACC College Football
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2006, 04:05:13 PM »

Quote from: "Megs79"
Speaking of Clemson football, I heard an interview with one of the players on NPR who is 19 and the legal guardian of his 11 year old brother.  He's been granted a waiver by the NCAA to be able to accept money to take care of his brother- he's setting up a trust fund.  http://news.nwpr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=6062926

Isn't that cool? The commentators were talking about that during the game Saturday night.
Well.......

clemsonfan

• RN
  • City Elder
ACC College Football
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2006, 08:58:54 AM »

Clemson is #12! Woo Hoo!
Well.......

clemsonfan

• RN
  • City Elder
ACC College Football
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2006, 08:43:16 AM »

I'm very nervous about Saturday night's game. #12 Clemson vs. #13 Georgia Tech.

The Tigers have a bad habit of blowing important games.
Well.......
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up