Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: ACC College Football  (Read 5921 times)

clemsonfan

• RN
  • City Elder
ACC College Football
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2006, 03:06:42 PM »

I'm really nervous about Thursday night. A road game against Virginia Tech with only 4 days since the last game. We really need this win (and every game left) if we want a shot at going to a BCS bowl.
Well.......

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
ACC College Football
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2006, 03:26:42 PM »

In an attempt to talk you off the ledge, I think Clemson is in the driver's seat for the ACC's BCS bid. It still comes down to who wins the championship game, but like I said before, I think Clemson has a better-than-average chance to win any game against any other ACC team, anywhere. And there's no other team in the ACC that I feel comfortable saying that about.

Granted, the timing of the Virginia Tech game is poor, but I still favor the Tigers in it.
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
ACC College Football
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2006, 07:41:50 AM »

Quote from: "Jonathan"
I'm also impressed that people can watch games from the upper stands without getting vertigo.

Hell, I could barely CLIMB to my seat in the upper stands without getting vertigo last year.  And if you're coming down, best to keep your eyes on the steps, lest you get that vertiginous feeling.

They're STEEP, I tells ya.

Best part is, the lights in the middle of the upper stands are so dim during the actual game, that you can barely see your stuff let alone the people around you.

clemsonfan

• RN
  • City Elder
ACC College Football
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2006, 08:41:08 AM »

We're #12 in the BCS this week. I was hoping for a little higher.
Well.......

Butter

• City Elder
ACC College Football
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2006, 09:04:47 AM »

Unfortunately for Clemson, they're probably not getting to a BCS game without winning the ACC championship game.  They MIGHT be considered for one if they win out but BC also wins out and gets the berth into the ACC title game instead.  Clemson's fans travel well, and the Sugar or Orange Bowls would rake in some money from them.

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
ACC College Football
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2006, 11:29:57 AM »

Quote from: "Butter"
Best part is, the lights in the middle of the upper stands are so dim during the actual game, that you can barely see your stuff let alone the people around you.

I'll take your word for that, I was only there for a day game. And it was just UNC, but it was still a pretty good crowd.
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

clemsonfan

• RN
  • City Elder
ACC College Football
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2006, 03:32:50 PM »

I really hate the Gamecocks. I was born hating the Gamecocks. I wish the University of South Carolina would lose their charter. There are few things that will make my blood boil with rage more than garnet and black.

So imagine my rage when I found out today that college gameday will be in Columbia (University of South Carolina) this Saturday. Grrrrrrrrr!
Well.......

Butter

• City Elder
ACC College Football
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2006, 03:34:48 PM »

They must be getting lazy.  Only have to drive the trucks like 75 miles.  USC isn't even ranked for goodness sakes.  I guess any way they can promote their Sat. night game, they will.

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
ACC College Football
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2006, 03:42:20 PM »

Two words: Steve. Spurrier.

That's why.

clemsonfan

• RN
  • City Elder
ACC College Football
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2006, 07:33:59 AM »

Tonight is the night! Unfortunately I have Chemistry lab tonight and won't be home until after 9:00 pm. Oh, well. That's what dvrs are for.
Well.......

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
ACC College Football
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2006, 08:12:36 AM »

Don't worry, the Tigers will be just fine tonight. Virginia Tech is overrated.

Butter

• City Elder
ACC College Football
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2006, 04:22:20 PM »

C-L-E-M-S-O-N
T-I-G-E-RRRRR-S

Fight Tigers fight Tigers fight fight fight!

clemsonfan

• RN
  • City Elder
ACC College Football
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2006, 05:00:34 PM »

Quote from: "Butter"
C-L-E-M-S-O-N
T-I-G-E-RRRRR-S

Fight Tigers fight Tigers fight fight fight!
:wub:
Well.......

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
ACC College Football
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2006, 11:09:21 PM »

Clemson = Ouch

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
ACC College Football
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2006, 11:19:47 PM »

That Brandon Ore is pretty good, but 203 yards?

No matter how good you are, you can't rack up that many yards without serious defensive lapses.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up