Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Pink Panther  (Read 4598 times)

kcneon

• City Elder
    • Resurrection Neon
Pink Panther
« on: March 31, 2004, 10:08:36 PM »

I read today where Beckham is going to make a cameo appearance in the Steve Martin flick.  Is this going to be one of those movies where they try to get as many stars in one movie as they can??

Steve Martin
Kevin Kline
Beyonce
Jackie Chan
David Beckham

....who am I leaving out?

The Engineer

• I don't hate Dan anymore.
  • City Elder
Pink Panther
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2004, 07:02:45 AM »

I am not really even excited by the idea of a Pink Panther remake.  I remember when I was in school and stealing someone's work was plagerizing and everyone was angry.  In Hollywood its just good business...
SC: I prefer they say "Who was that masked man?" after sex
TEng: I prefer they roll over and say "Hey, I never got your...  Where did he go?"

chooch

Pink Panther
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2004, 04:11:06 PM »

David Beckham.................please no :(

IPrayForTang

• On my way to a nut flush!
  • City Elder
Pink Panther
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2004, 04:15:45 PM »

As much as I love Beyonce('s ass), she needs to stop being in movies.  Also, I'm worried about Steve Martin and his choice of roles over the past few.  This doesn't sound much more promising than anything else he's done since his heyday.

Megs79

• Lunchlady Arms
  • City Elder
Pink Panther
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2004, 04:17:47 PM »

Also, I'm worried about Steve Martin and his choice of roles over the past few.

Seriously.  Cheaper by the Dozen was no Parenthood.

I loved The Jerk.

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
Pink Panther
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2004, 02:24:13 PM »

Why would anybody try to re-do anything that was originally done by Pete Sellers?  Really, that should be punishible by death.  The man was genius.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

kcneon

• City Elder
    • Resurrection Neon
Pink Panther
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2004, 03:59:53 PM »

Quote from: "Kwyjibo"
Why would anybody try to re-do anything that was originally done by Pete Sellers?  The man was genius.
Yeah, wasn't he?  I'm trying to get one of the younger guys at work to rent one of the classic Panther movies.  Knowing his sense of humor I think he'd love it--he'd never heard of them!  Can you believe it?

The networks use to show them almost as often as the Bond movies before channels like Turner and AMC came about.

DrMindbender

Pink Panther
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2004, 03:57:31 PM »

I can't believe somebody is trying to do Pink Panther without Peter Sellers.

Is there a Pink Panther DVD box set out yet? I think I heard something about it.

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
Pink Panther
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2004, 04:44:15 PM »

Quote from: "DrMindbender"
Is there a Pink Panther DVD box set out yet? I think I heard something about it.

Yup, been out for about a month or so I guess.  I was just going to ask if anybody had picked it up... I'm interested to say the least.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

Juliana

• City Elder
Pink Panther
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2004, 02:52:21 PM »

Shag did the artwork.

you can get info at www.shag.com
We all agree that genocide, avalanches, and Family Circus are not funny
-Ed Helms

kcneon

• City Elder
    • Resurrection Neon
hmmmm......
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2004, 04:48:07 PM »

This movie sounds more interesting: Full article

For a movie about the life of Peter Sellers, who could possibly star as the comic genius who played Dr. Strangelove and Inspector Clouseau? Answer: Geoffrey Rush, the man who played the Marquis de Sade and Leon Trotsky.

In "The Life and Death of Peter Sellers," the Academy Award winner gave one of the Cannes Film Festival's strongest performances playing the tormented title character and his pantheon of comic creations.

The new film, to air on HBO in the United States, is competing for the top prize at Cannes.

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
Pink Panther
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2004, 04:54:27 PM »

I'm thinking Geoffrey Rush could actually pull that off. Now I'm looking forward to seeing the movie.
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

LanneyD

• Asleep in the Back
  • City Elder
Pink Panther
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2004, 05:43:32 PM »

Since no one replied to Kwyjibo's inquisition about the pink panther box set, I'm going to assume no one has gotten it.  I was looking at it in Best Buy, but ended up not wanting to spend the 55 bucks or whatever it was.

So what I'm wondering, is are they planning on releasing any of the movies seperately?  I wouldn't mind getting one, but maybe not the whole set.
I lived my dream today
and I have lived it yesterday
-The Libertines

Cockney Rebel

• I don't have an accent. You do.
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • Art is impossible to define. Shitty art is not.
Pink Panther
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2004, 01:36:51 PM »

Stupid thing about the PP boxset is it omits the sublimely-great "Return of the Pink Panther" - thanks to some legal bullcrap going on.

However, good news is - and if you're lucky - this one can maybe be nabbed out of MallWart's DVD bargain bins for less than $5.
Opulence. I has it.

AngelV

• City Elder
    • http://www.dimpleandasmirk.com/
Pink Panther
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2004, 03:29:27 PM »

Yay! Another SHAG fan! I use his holiday cards and even printed a pic off the website to use for my luggage tags. :) One of these days when I have a spare $400 sitting around, I'm going to buy a print.

Quote from: "Juliana"
Shag did the artwork.

you can get info at www.shag.com
And I didn't stand there when you were bumming out over a particularly witty and insightful monologue by moi. So bust out your own violins and have a pity party with yourself." -- Greg Dulli
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up